Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

emer_b wrote: »
    I always thought the nesting urge was just a myth, that pregnant women only clean stuff because they won't have time to clean/organise after the birth.
    However, today I felt the need to wash the washing machine. I may have lost the plot at last!

Lol, you're not alone. I nearly cried over the dirty skirting boards last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

I also completely reorganised the utility room, refolded all the towels and sheets, moved the Christmas decorations. And I have a mental list of jobs to get done before the weekend.
    I guess not a myth after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Hi ladies!

Hope your all enjoying the cooler weather.

That's a great weight for the twins llambert!

Judging by the pressure I'm feeling I'm estimating my baby will weigh about a ton.

I wish nesting was a myth emerb I just can't stop!

In my quest to evict little madam I have painted 2 rooms,have a kitchen floor you can eat off and just today when my poor husband was tryin to persuade me to have a little bit of loving I came out with "but what colour will we paint the hall?"

I think he's goin to divorce me....

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

I feel ya on the pressure. Feels like I'm carrying a whale

I also feel quite sick the last two days and just generally not myself...

Roll on d day!!!!

Staticdoor hope you feel better soon.

Is anyone else over analysing every little cramp? I'm driving myself mad thinking is this it?!?

• Advertisement

Kaylami wrote: »
    Staticdoor hope you feel better soon.

Is anyone else over analysing every little cramp? I'm driving myself mad thinking is this it?!?

Every single twinge cramp crotch shock etc... you name it I've questioned it!!!
    Your defo not alone in that drive to crazy land :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Ah girls very excited for you all...I analysed every cramp and pain and think now I did have contractions on and off week before I was induced but when the real thing starts they do feel.more definite if that makes sense!

Just to say for visitors...the wards are very loud so youll quickly start running on empty so use what the visiting rules state as a genuine excuse which is that visitors should only be 20 mins!

Youll be as high as a kite but remember youll be tired, sore, very warm, bleeding heavily and if you breastfeed youll need to feed a lot(i needed help loads from midwife too with latching issues) and youll need more privacy for that!

It's emotional too...I hated my fiance having to leave at night:-(

Woke up this morning with no voice, sore ears and a tummy bug.

I'm so over being pregnant I know it's terrible but I just want my body back - I don't want to pee every 5 minutes, I want to run around with my girls, I'm tired of eating Rennie from morning till night!

I'm sorry for ranting but every day feels like a lifetime at this stage.

I'm goin to stay in bed read my book and eat my weight in confectionary and tomorrow is a new day!

Kaylami wrote: »
    Woke up this morning with no voice, sore ears and a tummy bug.

I'm so over being pregnant I know it's terrible but I just want my body back - I don't want to pee every 5 minutes, I want to run around with my girls, I'm tired of eating Rennie from morning till night!

I'm sorry for ranting but every day feels like a lifetime at this stage.

I'm goin to stay in bed read my book and eat my weight in confectionary and tomorrow is a new day!

I hear ya!!! :(

My DARLING daughter was awake from 1 am till 5am. Screaming that she doesn't like the cot any more

If all the times to start this ****. I'm in bed since 11 my sister came over to watch her

GET OUT BABYYYYYYYYYYYY

Oh ladies that's not a nice day ye are having. Just pregnancy is enough without any other crap to deal with.
    Hope you both get some rest and have a better day tomorrow x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Trilogy

Baby girl (unnamed as of yet as we were both so shattered!!) born last night, 10 days early and weighing 7lbs 12oz, in Holles st.

Found the experience a bit of a rollercoaster but once the epidural kicked in, it was a complete pleasure.

staff were amazingly wonderful from start to finish :D

Now trying to catch 40 winks on the post natal ward.. Hoping for rapid discharge and my own glorious leaba later.

Love and strength to you all! Be prepared for the PUUUUUUUSH at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Trilogy wrote: »
    Baby girl (unnamed as of yet as we were both so shattered!!) born last night, 10 days early and weighing 7lbs 12oz, in Holles st.

Found the experience a bit of a rollercoaster but once the epidural kicked in, it was a complete pleasure.

staff were amazingly wonderful from start to finish :D

Now trying to catch 40 winks on the post natal ward.. Hoping for rapid discharge and my own glorious leaba later.

Love and strength to you all! Be prepared for the PUUUUUUUSH at the end!

Oh wow congratulations, first of the August babies, how exciting! And what a great weight. Enjoy every minute and best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Woohoo the 1st baby has arrived:) Congrats Trilogy! Hope your making a swift recovery & baby is doing well x

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Trilogy

Thanks guys! Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Arrivals
    Trilogy Holles Street Born July 30th Girl

Ladies in waiting
    Ladypip July 31st Rotunda Surprise
    Kaylami Aug 8th Drogheda Girl
    llambert Aug 10th Galway Twin Surprise
    fiona-f Aug 10th Rotunda - surprise
    Morebabies Aug 13th-20th Castlebar Boy
    Dermighty Aug 13th Cork Surprise
    Shortstuff! Aug 15th Mullingar Surprise
    staticdoor71 Aug 17th Castlebar Boy
    emer_b Aug 22nd Limerick Girl
    Cameoette Aug 24th Coombe Girl
    Lucuma Aug 30th Cork Girl

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Congratulations Trilogy, oohh how exciting the first of the arrivals x x

Kaylami hope your feeling better and over that bug. Never nice to get but certainly not at this stage of the game :-(

Static hope you caught up on your sleep and your little one had decided to like her cot. Maybe she realises there's about to be a major change??

I wish I was at home to do all the nesting. I do be sitting here thinking of all the stuff I have to do at home. I suppose though life will go on whether its done or not!!

Have steriod shots to look forward to today and tomorrow. Stingy bum!!

Talking to my doc this morning. Twins who get to 37 wks only have an 8-10% chance of ending up in SB unit so that's fairly good so big relief.

I've found my nesting instinct has kicked in enough for me to be hyper-aware if all the jobs that need to be done, but not quite enough to actually be productive and do anything! So I'm inspecting hidden corners for cobwebs but not doing anything about them. Would be better to be oblivious, I think.

Congrats trilogy!!!!! Delighted for ye :) but also so so jealous haha

Caught up on the sleep thank god. Feeling and looking a lot less like the walking dead.

Yeah she slept no problem in the cot last night. I dunno wtffffffff was wrong with her. Hopefully it was just a bad dream or something. I don't think she's ready for a bed yet. She was sideways like a star fish in my bed.. She's likeen her mother..A major sleep mover!

So I'm guessing from here on in we can expect a baby every couple of days!!!! So exciting!!!! So close to getting our bodies and ability to move without sounding 90 back :)

Good luck with steroids today llambert x

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Oh wow Trilogy! Congratulations!

Congratulations Trilogy, great news. Has got me thinking about an early arrival, I'm so not psyched up to go early!

Are any of you taking anything stronger (prescription) than Gaviscon for heartburn? Acid has just been ridiculous for the last 2 days, really bad, making my mouth water. And every food/drink makes it worse. Might ask my gp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Emer b, I am from the January thread and have been taking Zantac. It is not licensed yet in Ireland for pregnant women but widely used in USA and licensed by the FDA ( my bro is a G.P. ). I found gaviscon and rennie rubbish. They are also calcium based which can cause constipation, already the enemy of pregnant women!

Zantac is your friend there emer_b. I got it of my gp. You can take it twice a day but I only take it at night when I'm having a bad day. Not sure but think I seen it on tv as now been available over the counter.

Thanks ladies, I'll definitely try and get some tomorrow.

I use tablets from a health food shop. Safe during pregnancy. Chew two and drink a glass of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Zantac is the way forward! My consultant and midwife both said it's ok for preg women. You can take 2 a day. Chemists can be a bit funny about giving it to you but the good news is you can now get it straight off the shelf in Dunnes and Tescoes :-)

I'm glad they work for you static but I didn't find them great even when I wasn't pregnant and the burn is 10times stronger now!
    Cheers Lucuma, I was thinking I'd have to find a sympathetic chemist tmrw as some of them are really sticky when it comes to pregnancy. Dunnes will do the trick!

Congrats trilogy! Delighted for you.

Emerb the acid reflux is a killer I've been eating rennies and drinking gaviscon but no relief will try and get the Zantac tomorrow!

Feeling better today went for a lovely walk in the forest with the girls.

Looking forward to my appointment on Friday and my sweep - does this make me weird?

Friday is my due date by my dates but the scan dates put it at the 8th August so well see!

Hope all you ladies are doing well.

The final countdown - one more day til August! What preparations if any are you doing? I was on the phone last night to a friend who who recently had a baby and she was telling me her labour began with a huge explosive whoosh of her waters suddenly breaking, out of the blue, and destroying her sofa and carpet. I'd read in so many books not to expect a dramatic waters breaking scene like in the movies, so I was quite shocked to learn it does in fact happen for some people. So now I'm wondering if it's excessive to buy some of those medical sheeting things just to protect my lovely mattress etc just in case. Or is that paranoia? I also have an urge to unpack my bags and start again but I have no idea what I'd do differently. Any other preparations you are all doing?

I have one of those delightful sheets under my sheet to protect mattress. . But don't got spending loads on them. They have a pack of three in the baby section of deals for 1.49. They are for bed wetting accidents. But when the chances are you won't be in bed when it happens they will do the trick.

My da is bringing me and daughter shopping today cuz I wanna stock up the dry cupboard before I pop and closest aldi is 40 min drive. I'm too uncomfortable for that!!!

Apart from that... I'll see can I convince himself to have some lovin..

Last time supermacs and a walk lost my mucous plug (tmi sorry)... still had to be induced tho.. I'll die if I have to be induced again...

Oh.. I also dyed my hair yest...fed up of pulling greys!!!

• Advertisement

Well I'm going to be meeting these 2 today with greys; dye bought yest to put in this morning but another bleed last.night so section around 11.

Will let yee all know when I can. Very nervous and cried buckets but 36+4 so fingers crossed. 4 yrs waiting so ready for this Mammy business x x

Advertisement