Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Little Evie arrived at 1.33am - 8lb 13oz

Epidural didn't work but I was fine and she's a wee dote!

Llambert huge congratulations to you x

Ladies it's up to you now :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Oh huge congratulations to out two new mammies and three new babies! Delighted all went well for everyone. What lovely news to kickstart August.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Woohooooo ladies

Well done to both of ye and muchos congrats. .. hope ye are getting some sort of rest x

Welcome to the world babies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Relief!! 3 healthy babies and 2 very happy mommies. Congrats Kaylami and llambert!!!!!!!! I kept checking on here all day yesterday. So happy for you all. Delivery seemed a long way off at times, especially for you llambert waiting in the hospital under observation for so long, and finally they're here.

Llambert how are you feeling after section?

And Kaylami am I right in thinking your birth was a vbac? Any scar pain during delivery do u mind me asking?

Lucuma wrote: »
    Thanks very good tips. I'm the same, don't need the extra clutter so think I will also rent one. They have a very good video on that website! Even if you got your TENS machine from another company I think it's worth watching that video it really explains really clearly how the whole thing works! I've a feeling the one you got is the one O'Sullivan's pharmacy rents out coz the price is weirdly exactly the same! Might ring them tomorrow as if going through them saves me posting it back etc, how bad

Just checked mine, the brand name is Pulsar, no model number or anything on it.

Agree video is very useful but I haven't worked up the courage to test drive it on my leg yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

fiona-f wrote: »
    Agree video is very useful but I haven't worked up the courage to test drive it on my leg yet!

Haha....! Ah come on it prevents pain not causes it!!

Congratulations Kaylami!! Welcome to Evie, Adam & Cian they were almost August babies !! (Or actually technically Evie was, was she?)

And to everybody else: Ladies we have reached August !!!! :-) :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Congratulations kaylami, beautiful name. Hope you're feeling ok.
    My due date is 3 weeks time, feels like an age away!

Aye I've still 16 days to go. But I'm on a mission not to go over this time.

Every trick in the book will be tried as I'm soooooo over being pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Thanks ladies!
    She is as good as gold. Breastfeeding like a little pro and very quiet.

Technically an august baby as she was 1.33am -didn't want to let you all down.

Morebabies - yes she was a vbac I don't know if my experience would be the norm as I was induced with syntocin and my epidural failed butI can honestly say I wasn't even thinking of my scar during it.

Not long for you now ladies !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Huge congrats girls and welcome to all the babies, were on a roll:) Hope all are going well x

Arrivals
    Trilogy Holles Street Born July 30th Girl
    llambert Due Aug 10th Galway Twin Baby Boys Born July 31st Adam 5lb 8 & Cian 5lb 7
    Kaylami Due Aug 8th Drogheda Baby Girl Born Aug 1st Evie 8lb 13oz

Ladies in waiting
    Ladypip July 31st Rotunda Surprise
    fiona-f Aug 10th Rotunda - surprise
    Morebabies Aug 13th-20th Castlebar Boy
    Dermighty Aug 13th Cork Surprise
    Shortstuff! Aug 15th Mullingar Surprise
    staticdoor71 Aug 17th Castlebar Boy
    emer_b Aug 22nd Limerick Girl
    Cameoette Aug 24th Coombe Girl
    Lucuma Aug 30th Cork Girl

Ah god sure I'm miles down the list! !!

Your just after me!! Maybe all the August babies will follow trend and arrive a little early!

38 weeks today, was in with Doc yesterday, head is well down apparently and blood pressure is still as low as 1st appointment! Slight infection showing up in urine, dropped in another sample this morning which showed the same so just waiting on doc to ring me to see whether Ill need anti-biotics:(

Your just after me!! Maybe all the August babies will follow trend and arrive a little early!

38 weeks today, was in with Doc yesterday, head is well down apparently and blood pressure is still as low as 1st appointment! Slight infection showing up in urine, dropped in another sample this morning which showed the same so just waiting on doc to ring me to see whether Ill need anti-biotics:(

God I would love to go early believe me. I've a feeling in me waters so notes and bags are now in the car. Made a lasange yest and froze it. And packed daughter a little bag for going to my sister's house!!!

Boooooooooooooòoooooo to anti B's. I dunno about you but I always feel ten times worse when taking the feckin things!!

Gosh youre all prepared, I really think I need to repack my hospital bag and then load it into the car!! Wrote a bit of a to do list yesterday so hope to feel more prepared by the end of the weekend! Working next week so hoping the baby doesnt come too early ha:)

I know hate them, doc obviously doesnt really want me on them either - made me give 3samples just in case! Not sure if they will wait on lab results as wont have them til Tuesday.... So annoying as have been feeling so well, not tired at all, actually have more energy on less sleep now than before pregnancy.

Did any of you do up birth plan/preferences?

Gosh youre all prepared, I really think I need to repack my hospital bag and then load it into the car!! Wrote a bit of a to do list yesterday so hope to feel more prepared by the end of the weekend! Working next week so hoping the baby doesnt come too early ha:)

I know hate them, doc obviously doesnt really want me on them either - made me give 3samples just in case! Not sure if they will wait on lab results as wont have them til Tuesday.... So annoying as have been feeling so well, not tired at all, actually have more energy on less sleep now than before pregnancy.

Did any of you do up birth plan/preferences?

I've more energy too. Was awake at 6 when himself was getting up and found very hard to get back to sleep.

I didn't do a birth plan. For the simple fact that last time I went into labour thinking "no drugs all be grand friend had no drugs I can do it" and was SO UPSET when I had gas/air tens machine pethidine and finally epidural (induction 26 hrs back to back labour)

So this time I'm just going with the flow. Will prob use the pethidine again as I'm a panicker by nature and it definitely took the edge off.

This time tho ill know myself it does all definitely end and there will be a baby and it can't and won't last for ever....... here's hoping anyways...

Have you loads packed? I've a small bag for delivery with babies first clothes and nappy. .night dress.. charger.. few drinks.. knickers and pads and socks.
    For ward bag I've enough for one night haha I'm signing out ama if I have to but all going well I want to be out next day

I packed enough for a six week holiday last time. Must have looked like such an eejit haha

Yeah could see how it could leave you disappointed, Im gonna do one up but its very much just preferences like I have "I would prefer not to have Oxytocin administered. If it is medically necessary I would like an epidural administered at the same time." I know it can all go out the window on the day, baby's boss and all that!!

Pretty much just have what was on the hospital list which was loads!! Think I'll take out some stuff, like just bring enough for labour and 1/2 nights and leave the rest in another bag in the car....

Yeah some of those lists haven't changed from when women stayed 4/5 nights after every baby.

I was admitted fri and got out Tuesday last time. Himself just brought me fresh stuff each day.

Plus space is quite limited ya don't want to be tripping over bits and bobs

My MIL told me the other day that regardless of visiting restrictions in Mayo General, she would be barging past the nurses to see her grandchild. I got so stressed at the thought of this my BP went right up (I checked it on me monitor), so I phoned Mayo General maternity ward and thank God the rules sound very strict. In case you need to know Staticdoor:

Normal deliveries - husband /boyfriend only.
    Section delivery - due to longer stay, husband and children can visit but in a specially allocated family room, so no kids on wards.

If your husband / boyfriend for whatever reason cannot visit you nominate someone else and give their name to the nurse in charge.

Oh god more babies, maybe bombard your MIL with photos, might calm her need to see the baby straight away!

• Advertisement

morebabies wrote: »
    My MIL told me the other day that regardless of visiting restrictions in Mayo General, she would be barging past the nurses to see her grandchild. I got so stressed at the thought of this my BP went right up (I checked it on me monitor), so I phoned Mayo General maternity ward and thank God the rules sound very strict. In case you need to know Staticdoor:

Normal deliveries - husband /boyfriend only.
    Section delivery - due to longer stay, husband and children can visit but in a specially allocated family room, so no kids on wards.

If your husband / boyfriend for whatever reason cannot visit you nominate someone else and give their name to the nurse in charge.

Ah yer as good. Thanks a mill

morebabies wrote: »

Don't let her find out about the nominating thing, she will have your OH plagued! ;-)

So how are the new mothers getting on?! And the rest if the expectant Mums-to-be? Weather has been gorgeous in Cork the last week, not that sticky hot like before but just lovely sunny warm days. I heard it's otherwise up the country though! I'm def noticing the quality and quantity of the baby's movement decreasing now, am 36 +3. I think it must be coz baby has less room in there so I take it she's getting nice & fat! I'm still getting 10 movements a day tho but I actually feel like I need to keep count now, before it was so frequent I didn't need to keep track of it

So how are the new mothers getting on?! And the rest if the expectant Mums-to-be? Weather has been gorgeous in Cork the last week, not that sticky hot like before but just lovely sunny warm days. I heard it's otherwise up the country though! I'm def noticing the quality and quantity of the baby's movement decreasing now, am 36 +3. I think it must be coz baby has less room in there so I take it she's getting nice & fat! I'm still getting 10 movements a day tho but I actually feel like I need to keep count now, before it was so frequent I didn't need to keep track of it

Snap on the ten movements being harder to reach now. I had a bit of a scare on this a little while ago and was given a chart to fill in by the hospital. There are also apps you can get to help keep track. Movements are less like huge kicks now and more like stretches, I think wee baby can no longer get a swing at me to build up momentum!

People keep asking me if I'm sick if being pregnant yet. I amn't but at the same time I would love if the baby put in a slightly early appearance. I am so excited at the thought I'd seeing him or her, and hope he/she will get here safely.

A few last minute purchases being made all weekend too.

Hope all going great for those already over the line, ans wishing the rest of us a happy healthy next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

So how are the new mothers getting on?! And the rest if the expectant Mums-to-be? Weather has been gorgeous in Cork the last week, not that sticky hot like before but just lovely sunny warm days. I heard it's otherwise up the country though! I'm def noticing the quality and quantity of the baby's movement decreasing now, am 36 +3.

I'm 37+1 and noticing a lot more squirms/turning and less 'kicks', she's definitely running out of space in there! I am so grateful for the cooler weather, I'm a bit of a wuss in the heat anyway but pregnancy took it to a whole other level.

Has anyone's nausea come back? Mine has a bit, appetite has gone all crazy again and all I want is cheese, fruit and cereal! Midwife said baby's head is 4/5 so not quite dropped and engaged yet. Feel a lot of pressure when I walk though, also the vagina lightening-bolt pain every now and then, lovely!! :rolleyes:

I have a sort-of birth plan done, only 4 lines really, just that I would like to use pool if possible and gas & air, hoping to breastfeed asap after the delivery etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Hi girls!!! Sorry wifi was terrible in post natal ward so only getting to update now.

First of Kaylami massive congrats on the arrival of Evie. Beautiful name was on my girls list!! Sure she's a dote x x

Got home yesterday with Adam and Cian(ha ha sorry for spelling mistake but was out of it!!)

Wasn't pushed out could have stayed till today but you sleep better in your own bed and it had been ages since I was home. Recovering well iron very low so have to watch that.

Section was ok bit over-whelming with the amount of people there. My bp hit the floor after so that was a little scary. Was out of it most of Thurs then.

But got up and about Friday. Stiff but just being careful.

Breastfed the first 2 and a half days but wasn't working out. Adam was good to get on but was on for nearly an hour. Cian wasn't good to latch and only stayed on 15 mins and did very little sucking. I was awake constantly trying to feed and one was always roaring waiting on the other. The girl next to me had twin boys the day before and one ended up going to special care cos he lost too much weight.

Anyway had a complete breakdown Saturday evening about it with my Mam and MIL (oh more on her later) there. My MW was brilliant. Cleared out the visitors, closed the curtains and gave me a hug. Talked it through with me, talked through my guilt of giving up, talked about the advantages of giving up. Made the decision to give up, she gave me another hug and gave me the formula bottles and on I went. They are much better since, more settled. Fair play to the women who manage but I couldn't.

Anyway MIL. God what a cow. She wasn't suppose to arrive till Sat but once she heard my mother was coming Fri up she arrived. Everyone staying at my house so all arrived at same time. After all I'd been through all I wanted was a private 5 mins with my mother but she couldn't even let me have that. She sat there hardly speaking but still there. On Sat same thing arrived same time as my mother. I was barely holding it together over BF but on she sat. Then told me she feed her oldest herself for 2 days and was asked by the docs to express for another baby. I had no idea where this story as going but ended up she stopped cos the baby she expressed for passed away. I roared crying then, thought my mum was going to slap her. How bloody insensitive to me and the poor lady beside me with both her babies in special car.

Anyway finally got my 5 mins with my mother when she was leaving. Hubby had to ask his mother to leave with him so I could say goodbye to my mother in private. She always got on my wick but I'll never forgive her for not letting me have that mother/daughter bond.

Anyway sorry about the rant, can't say anything to hubby not his fault.

But apart from the giving out I'm super happy. Trying to avoid mirrors but I know things will eventually 'go back' :-) Boys are doing great and I'm totally in love. They aren't identical but are very similar so can be a little confusing. Have got it wrong once or twice :-)

Not too long for you ladies waiting. Can't wait to hear all the pitter patters x x

Am so happy to hear your update llambert, was worried about you but thank God sounds like things might start settling down for you now you are back home. I have horrible memories of stressful in-law moments after the birth of my 3 babies, it's like they don't realise you are after major surgery, your hormones are all over the place and you are at one of the biggest moments in your life. Also annoying when they consider themselves to be the world experts on motherhood. I can tell you that my 3 babies so far were like chalk and cheese, and what guided me most was my own maternal instinct- not advice from the MIL. Also, fair play to the midwife who spoke to you, she sounds lovely.

As for the breastfeeding, I'm amazed that after all you went through you had the energy to even try - my attempt with baby number 1 after an emergency section was a total failure straightaway and I hadn't gone through half the stress and worry you had so just look forward to life with your 2 beautiful babies and remember you've been through a huge ordeal and your hormones are still all over the place. You should give yourself a pat on the back. Congratulations.

Great to hear you are doing so well llambert. You must be delighted to be home now with your lovely sons.

I'm dying to pop. Trying EVERYTHING in the "book"

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Congratulations Llambert, I'm so happy you had a wonderful midwife, so sorry about your MIL though, that sounds just immensely stressful on top of everything that you've been through already. By the way I'm just in awe about giving breastfeeding a go with twins, it sounds very challenging. It's great you made your decision with such a supportive MW to guide you and the most important thing is that you are happy and healing well. Enjoy every minute with your precious boys! xxx

• Advertisement

Oh Llambert some people are just so insensitive, hoping now you're home, you get some control over visitors. Fair play to you for giving breast feeding a go, you've given your boys such a great start & your midwife is right, you have to do what's best for you & your boys, they sound like they're very content with bottles & your hubby can help out more now which I imagine is really important with twins:)

Cameolette, my tummy hasn't been great over the weekend, was putting it down to anti biotics & stomach being squished!! Loving cornflakes at the moment.

Fitted our car seat isofix base & had a practise this evening! Cot all assembled & nursing chair all fixed up, ordered Moses basket mattress & cot mattress today so hopefully they don't take too long to arrive:)

Only 4days left in work, woohoo!!

Advertisement