Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminder Rates

Options
  • 15-12-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there. Could you advise me on childminder rates? I will be dropping my little boy to their home. Some days 7.30am -6..30 pm, some days 9-5. Would be grateful for any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

For full time it usually works out about 4 euro an hour but at a set amount paid monthly so for those hours roughly 800-1000pm.
    For that expect a registered insured childminder,and your child to be fed
    That long day is also very long so it might be a bit more.
    Make sure to sign a contract re your sick days,her sick days and holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mac2012

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

I am a childminder and charge 5 euros an hour, this is the average rate, at least in Dublin.. I might round it down a bit for full time long hours. I include food in my rate parents just provide nappies. I don't charge for my holidays / sickness (except bank hols) and parents pay if child isn't with me as I am still available.. Hope that helps! Contact childminding Ireland for more info (I am registered by the way) good luck!

Advertisement