Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sound solution

Options
  • 15-12-2013 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Long story short

3 year old Pc with speakers and monitor in one room.monitor is connected by vga.

Pc is also connected to tv in room next door by hdmi.

With a wireless keyboard and mouse i can use the pc from both rooms

My problem is sound.

When moving from room to room i have to change the sound setting in control panel from pc speakers to tv all the time.

Tried putting in a cheap soundcard from ebay but the card was not windows 7 supported so would not work.

Tried useing a2.5mm audio splitter to split the sound but got feedback hiss.

Any suggestions please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭shovel

Anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 kork666i

So you want to have sound from both and the same time ? Sorry but don't fully understand what you are trying to achieve here

kork666i wrote: »
    So you want to have sound from both and the same time ? Sorry but don't fully understand what you are trying to achieve here

thanks for the reply

The pc can output the same picture to the monitor beside it by vga, and the big tv in the next room by hdmi at the same time

So you can for example play something on youtube and go into the next room and watch it on a big screen tv with all the family.

BUT i can only get sound on one display and have to change the sound output

in control panel each time.

i am looking for a workaround for that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The issue isnt with siund on one display. Thru hdmi, yiu are using the graphics card as a sound device. Windows does not generally output the same audio thru multiple devices simultaneously.

The issue isnt with siund on one display. Thru hdmi, yiu are using the graphics card as a sound device. Windows does not generally output the same audio thru multiple devices simultaneously.

But that is what I am trying to achieve -
    Audio being output from the two displays at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

would you be able to get a small 2 output amp and that should correct for and power loss? and should avoid the Hiss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

You can drive both devices simultaneously with Virtual Audio Cable but it is US$25 - $50 (depending on support level). A free trial is available.
    http://www.raymond.cc/blog/virtual-audio-cable-enables-multiple-audio-outputs-in-windows-7/
    http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm#download

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

shovel wrote: »
    But that is what I am trying to achieve -
    Audio being output from the two displays at the same time

You're looking at it wrong. It's not the displays, its the soundcard settings you need to check.

You're looking at it wrong. It's not the displays, its the soundcard settings you need to check.

In control panel -sound setting

It shows speakers and hdmi device
    One is shown as default device
    To enable the other, you have to right click on it and select enable device.

No option., it seems to enable them both together.

Advertisement