Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

P90 Sight

• 15-12-2013 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

I'll hopefully be getting a King Arms P90 for Christmas and I'm wondering what optic would look the best on it. My budget would be around €60.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Look best, or work best? Not always (or even often) the same.

Look; probably one of the smaller EOTech clones. Maybe an Aimpoint Micro.

Work; something high mounted, like a standard Aimpoint, or an open holosight on a riser, because when you shoulder it that sight will be lower than a shawty in apple bottom jeans and those boots with the fur. You need to mount that stuff up or remove a vertebra from your neck so you can get down there to eye level. My advice would be to raise the sight; it's easier and cheaper than experimental surgery, and you're less likely to suffocate in turtle necks.

An EOTech on a small riser is probably the best compromise. Some risers have side rails, so you'd gain an option for a flashlight if you wanted. There are lower ones without rails that'd work just as well, without the dramatic looks impact.

Failing all that, throw two fingers at the world and mount an Elcan or a SUSAT, because yoloswag or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭SuperBlu26

Thanks for that! I was thinking about a regular aimpoint myself so I think I'll go with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Not a bad choice. I've been using one on various rifles for longer than I can remember. Might be a bit bulky for the P90, so make sure you try it out first. Height wise, it's just right. Any good retailer will let you test fit one, and most sites will have at least one player rocking an Aimpoint of some sort that they may let you try out.

If you go with an Aimpoint, check the battery type it takes. Some take a stack of three button cell batteries, others take something that looks like Rick Moranis got at a box of AA's. The reason to check is that your batteries will eventually die, so factoring in how to get fresh ones is a thing.
    If you have a moment of utter moronity, like me, you'll leave your Aimpoint on for a week and drain the battery. If you have continued moments of fritattaness - again, like me - you'll do that several times, and won't notice until you're about to play a game. Looking down an empty tube as a sight makes you wonder why you didn't tape a toilet roll to your rail, instead of buying a sight, let me tell you.
    Have those batteries on hand. They should become part of your standard spares kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Used to run an Aimpoint on my p90 its a good set up especially on a cantiliver mount ,pretty much perfect for rapid target shooting ,
    If i was to go for a different set up now I'd probably go for a C-more reflex sight plain ,compact but sit lower than a mounted aimpoint

I was also looking at the g&g p90 with the built in red dot. Are they easy to use with a mask on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

SuperBlu26 wrote: »
    I was also looking at the g&g p90 with the built in red dot. Are they easy to use with a mask on?

You could but in general there useless tiny things

Hence why the tri rail is a lot more popular ,

I'd suggest you try before you buy, bring what ever face protection to a retailer and see how comfortable it is for you to use ,

Thanks!!

Advertisement