Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet service providers

Options
  • 15-12-2013 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Who would people recommend in the galway area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

UPC, have them for the last 3 years in the city centre and never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

UPC, have them for the last 3 years in the city centre and never had an issue.

ya best download speed but they are some piss takers with their customer service and constant price rises and now this new administration fee if you need any new equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Yep, UPC are a necessary evil. If they are available in your area they can't be beat for speed/cost. But they can be an awful hassle to deal with. I upgraded my package there a couple months back and, no kidding, was on the phone about 15 times. However, once you're setup things don't tend to need to be touched for years at a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Definitely UPC. They are a pain to deal with but have the best price and speed going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Defo UPC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

<read the charter about anti-recommendations.
    Particularly when you don't even elaborate.
    "Stay away from ..." posts aren't welcome>

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've had eircom for years and am mainly happy with them.
    UPC is faster though, I had both for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

UPC, they sent an offer in the post when we moved in and nobody else could beat it. Speeds as advertised, no downtimes, only downside if I can barely pick up signal at the opposite end of a 2 bedroom apartment while at home I could go to the other end of the house and a different floor and still have a reasonable connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

UPC, they sent an offer in the post when we moved in and nobody else could beat it. Speeds as advertised, no downtimes, only downside if I can barely pick up signal at the opposite end of a 2 bedroom apartment while at home I could go to the other end of the house and a different floor and still have a reasonable connection.

Their routers aren't great but i highly recommend using some of these:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Adapter/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1387549069&sr=8-2&keywords=tp+link

Advertisement