Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the deal with Amazon and repair

Options
  • 15-12-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

I brought a Samsung robot vacuum 6 months ago, and its been working fine up until now, however its developed a fault, the cliff sensor has failed, so it goes flying off the steps. Fortunately its never gone more than 2 down, otherwise it would be knackered ! I have tried cleaning it, but I think its a hardware fault.

It will probably have to go back to manufacturer for repair eventually, but if I go direct instead of through amazon does it effect my rights? Amazon seem really reluctant to handle this type of thing from what I have seen. I don't mind going to samsung, but I don't want to end up loosing out if I get hassle from them and amazon wash there hands of it !.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Keep records of the repair and their request for you to deal with the manufacturer. It'll only become an issue if you need to make a claim after the warranty has run out. (Under statutory consumer rights)

Also email the back stating you will deal with the manufacturet on this occasion as per their request but you will only do so under the terms of your statutory rights, inter alia, repair times.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Amazon generally have an excellent reputation for customer service, so I'd start with them. Get in contact with them first and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Ok, amazon just shot down my misconception hardcore, got a reply to a general inquiry about how to go about fixing it, saying return it for a refund immediately (as they don't have a replacement). Fair going for a Sunday !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

imitation wrote: »
    Ok, amazon just shot down my misconception hardcore, got a reply to a general inquiry about how to go about fixing it, saying return it for a refund immediately (as they don't have a replacement). Fair going for a Sunday !

They're know for being excellent, your post seem to suggest you'd already been in contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

imitation wrote: »

In fairness, you hadn't contacted Amazon up until then, so assuming anything else was unfair. I am genuinely glad to hear to that they are responding favorably. Hope it's all sorted soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement