Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex Unifier Home Alarm - cannot set alarm normally as zone open?

Options
  • 15-12-2013 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have a Europlex Unifier home alarm, that was in the house when we bought several years ago and that has worked fine up until now. We recently did some decorating, during which i removed some (but not all) of the room sensor panels to avoid them getting covered in paint. The decorating is done now and all panels are back on with the red lights working fine (ie, off when the room is empty and on when there is movement), however, the alarm is not letting me do a full set as it says the "Sitting Room" zone is "open" (oddly enough, the sitting room sensor was not touched and we painted around it as it is a bugger to get at with a screwdriver). Anyway, I had a play around with the keypad yesterday and the only way to actually set the alarm seems to be to "inhibit" that sitting room zone.

Out of interest, i then opened my sitting room windows, did this inhibition of the sitting room zone, set the alarm, and locked up the house before leaning in the open window and waving my arms around to activate the in-room sensor and, lo and behold, the alarm went off. This kind of suggests that the person who installed this may have mixed up the zones and the "Sitting Room" zone is not actually refering to the sensor in the sitting room.

Bar going around and doing a dummy robbery to test all the sensors, does anyone have any ideas/a similar experience? TBH, even when i do find the sensor, i'm not sure if i understand why it would be considered "open" as they all seem to be functioning normally?
    Thanks

P.s. the previous owners did not leave a manual for this alarm in the house and i can't find it on the web.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Ignore me. :)

After writing that huge thread, i decided to check the sensor in the kitchen as the wife had put that panel back on...and she hadn't put it on properly..just put it back on and all works fine. Nice to know the system is truly tamper-proof.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Nice to see you got it sorted. For future reference the easiest way to find a zone like that is to open the panel and disconnect and close off that zone. Then walk test to see where is not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Thanks, thats a great idea if any future issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Sorry to piggy back on this thread but we have the same system and the console has been beeping and battery is flashing on the screen. I presume this is the battery in case the power is out. Can I change it myself or do I need to get a guy in to change it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can change it yourself. The battery you want is 12 volt DC rechargeable 7 amph.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    You can change it yourself. The battery you want is 12 volt DC rechargeable 7 amph.

Is the battery in the console beside the door or in the unit box by our fuse box? Sorry to be asking but I can't see a lot of info on the unifier system online.

It's in the large box beside the fuse board.

Thanks KK, I will take a look. I presume I can get a replacement battery from an electrical supply shop/woodies?

Haven't seen them in the likes of woodies. Most electrical wholesalers are your best bet. Keep away from Malins who charge €40-€50

KoolKid wrote: »
    Haven't seen them in the likes of woodies. Most electrical wholesalers are your best bet. Keep away from Malins who charge €40-€50

Can I swap it them without turning off the mains?

• Advertisement

Yes
    But beware that there will be mains voltages present at the main power supply.

So, as long as I don't pull out any other wires I will be fine?

Advertisement