Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon price promise? - Still in existence?

Options
  • 15-12-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Anyone know if I buy now with Amazon and the price falls after Christmas if they refund the difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Consumer Issues maybe ???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mincepie1

Ur wasting ur time , shop local on adverts.ie not in the uk awfull rubbish amazon , all the good stuff is on the american amazon but they dont post to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bought most of my Christmas presents from Amazon.co.uk this year, efficient, cheaper and overall brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mincepie1

Just out of curiousity what stuff did u buy thats cheaper then where ? Is it just hit & miss finding a seller that posts to ireland ? u have to go through the whole checkout process just to find out .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smarties1

If the price falls up to one week after you order an item, Amazon will refund the difference any longer then that, they don't.

• Advertisement

mincepie1 wrote: »
    Ur wasting ur time , shop local on adverts.ie not in the uk awfull rubbish amazon , all the good stuff is on the american amazon but they dont post to here.

You're talking utter crape. This past week I've had four packages arrive from the American amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Amazon are fantastic. If you look for stuff which has "Free Supersaver Delivery To the UK" then any order totalling €25 or more will be delivered for free to Ireland. Sometimes there are items they wont deliver to Ireland, but usually a quick email to the seller and they will allow you to do it.

The prices for pretty much everything in Ireland are far too high, so why on earth would we support local shops? You either move with the times or close up, simple really. I love the internet and pretty much did my entire Xmas shopping sat at home in the warmth with no car park fees, no crowds of people, no hours standing in queues and paying way over the odds for the privilege.

Nothing beats the excitement when I hear my doorbell and watch the postman drive through my gates with the latest delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭McCalvin

Cliona2012 wrote: »
    Anyone know if I buy now with Amazon and the price falls after Christmas if they refund the difference?

I've had refunds on items recently as always if price drops just after purchase, but one recent experience stands out;

I bought a wifi extender in the lightning deals at a good price a few weeks ago. A couple of days ago I got a mail to say they 'could have done better' with the sale price and so credited me another couple of pounds.

Advertisement