Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc secure watch alarm system!

Options
  • 15-12-2013 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi all, my sister recently moved into a house with a hkc alarm system! 1111 works but system won't arm! Mains fault, line fault and battery fault keep appearing on the display! Engineers code works too but not sure what to do with it! Any advice much appreciated,

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Mains fault is the mains power is off.
    Battery fault is the battery is low.
    Line fault is the telephone line has been disconnected from the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭JR23

KoolKid wrote: »
    Mains fault is the mains power is off.
    Battery fault is the battery is low.
    Line fault is the telephone line has been disconnected from the panel.

Thanks for the reply, I can understand battery being low and no telephone line being connected, how can the mains be disconnected? Checked the fuse box and everything seems ok!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Perhaps the mains fuse in the panel is blown or disconnected.

Perhaps the mains fuse in the panel is blown or disconnected.

Sorry I was supposed to say its an mcb and all switches are in the on position including the one for the alarm.

Yes but have you checked the mains fuse in the panel & the power supply in the panel?

• Advertisement

Yes but have you checked the mains fuse in the panel & the power supply in the panel?

No never thought of that, may start there first so! Thanks!

Advertisement