Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs V Liverpool KO 4pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    All the talk of the red but that wasn't the story of the game. Spurs never looked like scoring despite their slight increase in possession in the first 20 mins of the second half. Liverpool would have won regardless of the red.

In fairness was it not holtby who missed a near open goal at 2-0. Paulinho was the biggest disapointment pre-red, loose on the ball and bossed completely by hendo. Dawson has to be as close to a 1 out of 10 performance as i have saw in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I am pie wrote: »
    In fairness was it not holtby SAKHO who missed a near open goal at 2-0. Paulinho was the biggest disapointment pre-red, loose on the ball and bossed completely by hendo. Dawson has to be as close to a 1 out of 10 performance as i have saw in a long time.

Fixed that for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Fixed that for you

They guy was talking about spurs not having a scoring chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Thats what happens when you drop Gareth Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Thats what happens when you drop Gareth Bale.

I thought Bale was injured.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

RasTa wrote: »
    Says the person who has used South Park quotes twice.

i wouldnt say them if they weren't completely apt. you are making so much out of a 50/50 decision and keep in mind that decision is at the referee's discretion. but no no, its suarez thats involved so that means hes gone and done some evil, cos like, when you get kicked in the chest by another player you are meant to take it like a man. but yeah, take solace in that incident if it makes you feel better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nice to see Adebayor & Assou Ekkoto being classy after the defeat,a pic of them on twitter smiling with Ade holding up 3 fingers & BAE holding up 2,with the quote "What a game tonight........"

Shows how much they care about the club.

Bbi1idRIAAAGciR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I'll give rasta what he wants, it was a slightly harsh red. But paulinho made a clumsy reckless challenge, and turned his boot into Suarez to make sure he made contact. To blame Suarez for that decision is pathetic, simple as. He has had a checkered past, and has done many despicable things on a football pitch. But that incident was Suarez getting a kick in the chest whilst running at full speed, the contact being studs first. There's no way that isn't gonna hurt. Of you truly believe Suarez is in any way in the wrong then that is fairly pathetic and I pity you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If AVB does go, are there any realistic candidates out there to replace him?

Fabio Capello would be a superb appointment if Baldini can convince him to join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I thought Bale was injured.

Who?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

MR NINE wrote: »
    I'll give rasta what he wants, it was a slightly harsh red. But paulinho made a clumsy reckless challenge, and turned his boot into Suarez to make sure he made contact. To blame Suarez for that decision is pathetic, simple as. He has had a checkered past, and has done many despicable things on a football pitch. But that incident was Suarez getting a kick in the chest whilst running at full speed, the contact being studs first. There's no way that isn't gonna hurt. Of you truly believe Suarez is in any way in the wrong then that is fairly pathetic and I pity you

That's not what he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I can't believe how much AVB is completely wasting having Soldado up front. It was a huge coup to even get him and then he plays him up front on his own. Crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

callaway92 wrote: »
    Gareth-Bale-008-e1360336461454.jpg

Oh, Max Headroom. Takes me back a bit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rumours of AVB sacked all rubbish i take it? Doing the rounds on FB, apparently twitter and some spanish station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Turtyturd wrote: »

Ha maybe not but someone agreeing that it might have been a slightly harsh red is the best hes gonna get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Turtyturd wrote: »

I would have a guess and say he wants Suarez gone from the Premier League ASAP .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Paully D wrote: »
    Fabio Capello would be a superb appointment if Baldini can convince him to join.

Bielsa maybe? He'd sure as hell be entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I would have a guess and say he wants Suarez gone from the Premier League ASAP .
    I'd say any rival fans would. If not for charachter reasons then simply for the fact their defenders wouldn't have to face him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

RasTa wrote: »
    Now that the match is over do people really think it is a red? Replay doesn't even show the double barrel, platoon dying roll from Suarez

PoisedVictoriousFreshwatereel.gif
    Just wondering would you ask the same question if it was the other way around?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Have to laugh at utd fans like him, you would swear he's own team doesn't give him enough to worry about without worrying about our players!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Jeez Rasta let it go will ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I can see why the Ref gave a red. I dont think the player meant it though. he was bit unlucky.

I dont think Suarez over did the antics. I think he was in genuine pain like most people would after getting studs to the Ribs.

Did not matter to the result. Far better team won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I can see why the Ref gave a red. I dont think the player meant it though. he was bit unlucky.

I dont think Suarez over did the antics. I think he was in genuine pain like most people would after getting studs to the Ribs.

If he didn't mean it why did he swing his leg that way? There's absolutely no reason for his leg to go in the motion it does other than to catch Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Looks like to me that the Spurs player turned the direction of his leg to catch King Luis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Corholio wrote: »
    I can't believe how much AVB is completely wasting having Soldado up front. It was a huge coup to even get him and then he plays him up front on his own. Crazy.

Did he not play up top on his own for Spain and Valencia

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

delw wrote: »
    Just wondering would you ask the same question if it was the other way around?

hes gone now. he just wanted to take the shine off an outstanding liverpool performance cos, ya know, internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

GTR63 wrote: »
    Did he not play up top on his own for Spain and Valencia

Yup. Banega playing just off him for Valencia.

SantryRed wrote: »
    If he didn't mean it why did he swing his leg that way? There's absolutely no reason for his leg to go in the motion it does other than to catch Suarez.

I think he was trying to push his leg away. Had he tried to turn it to his left may have done more harm had Suarez followed into that position.

Just my theory..

It was clumpsy and he left himself open to a red. Dont think he meant it. Its clear from his expressions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I think he was trying to push his leg away. Had he tried to turn it to his left may have done more harm had Suarez followed into that position.

Just my theory..

It was clumpsy and he left himself open to a red. Dont think he meant it. Its clear from his expressions.

I think his expression immediately afterwards showed how guilty he was, and he had the intent to make it look like an accident.

Amazing what two people can see by looking at the same thing :pac:

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    I think his expression immediately afterwards showed how guilty he was, and he had the intent to make it look like an accident.

Amazing what two people can see by looking at the same thing :pac:

:pac:

I can see your point though.

But if he meant it I think he have gone straight through Suarez. The way he bends his leg I think he was trying to get out of way. Instead he got Suarez in nasty position on the Ribs.

He caught Suarez no question and having broken Ribs before its sore one getting it into chest/abs so tad sympathy for Suarez.

But if I had to answer the question I dont think he meant it.

just my 2c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its a red all day long. Paulinho's leg is not in a natural position and is nowhere near the ball. Its reckless and thats what refs are trying to cut out.

An absolute red card. Paulinho made no attempt to even pretend otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

It was a definite red for me. The issue was the double movement which to me proves he meant it, he actually goes into tackle with his leg straight, misses Suarez then bends his knee and kicks his foot out with a flick to deliberately catch him.

the kelt wrote: »
    It was a definite red for me. The issue was the double movement which to me proves he meant it, he actually goes into tackle with his leg straight, misses Suarez then bends his knee and kicks his foot out with a flick to deliberately catch him.

I think he was trying push his leg back towards him to avoid contact.

Maybe im being too easy on him. There aint no double movement to catch Suarez imo.

Dont have problem with red card. Just think he realised before was too late and instead of putting his leg away caught Suarez in process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Agreed. Playing him as a lone striker is fine though IMO but AVB juat hasn't got a clue how to play to his strengths which is a shame because he could be such a huge asset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Paully D wrote: »
    Agreed. Playing him as a lone striker is fine though IMO but AVB juat hasn't got a clue how to play to his strengths which is a shame because he could be such a huge asset.

I think it's the 'lone' part of it that's so bizarre. The midfield just seem to play to attack themselves and not to try and find Soldado. People giving hims tick but I feel quite sorry for him having watched, like many others, the way he can play when he was in Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its times like this that I understand why they have their own forum :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

The truth is taht Paulinhio deseerved to go because he caught Suarez. I don@t think he meant to, but he did, so he goes. Were the situations reversed, pool fans would be saying eye on the ball, etc, but it was reckless.
    Harsh, but thems the ******y laws nowadays.

Liverpool were very good today and spurs were very bad. I'm not sure you can judge either team by todays match.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was probably a red, but there was nothing malicious in it. He moved his leg as the ball had gone past him. It wasn't a "ah i'll just kick him in the chest".

Wouldn't have mattered anyway. We were awful, and fair play to Liverpool.
    I think it's the 'lone' part of it that's so bizarre. The midfield just seem to play to attack themselves and not to try and find Soldado. People giving hims tick but I feel quite sorry for him having watched, like many others, the way he can play when he was in Spain.

If you look at most of our posts on the Spurs forum, most of us agree that service is our major problem this season. No one is there to make that pass to Soldado, and he's constantly left on his own and frustrated up front. Bloody annoying to watch as well, as all we end up getting is Townsend cutting in and trying to be Bale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

There is no defending AVB but spurs had plenty of chances yesterday and for them not to even get a shot on target is criminal. The players have to take their blame too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

niallo27 wrote: »
    There is no defending AVB but spurs had plenty of chances yesterday and for them not to even get a shot on target is criminal. The players have to take their blame too.

For sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    For sure.

But the way he sets up his team at home is so negative. Liverpool under rafa used to play with 2 dm and he was criticised but this guy reckons its wise to play with 3 dm at home?
    Did he learn nothing from his stint at Chelsea that playing a high line does not work, Terry was exposed time and time again then.
    Soldado is been made look like a league one striker he is so isolated and feeding off scraps.
    His best CB Vertonghen has been playing a LB all season, is criminal like.

I like AVB and I think he gets a raw deal from the media, but he is just not making it easy for himself. He needs to change his style of play otherwise hes done. He cant rely on the brilliance of Bale or Falcao to drag him through games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

rob316 wrote: »
    But the way he sets up his team at home is so negative. Liverpool under rafa used to play with 2 dm and he was criticised but this guy reckons its wise to play with 3 dm at home?
    Did he learn nothing from his stint at Chelsea that playing a high line does not work, Terry was exposed time and time again then.
    Soldado is been made look like a league one striker he is so isolated and feeding off scraps.
    His best CB Vertonghen has been playing a LB all season, is criminal like.

I like AVB and I think he gets a raw deal from the media, but he is just not making it easy for himself. He needs to change his style of play otherwise hes done. He cant rely on the brilliance of Bale or Falcao to drag him through games.

He's too stubborn to change I feel, he'll live or die by his beliefs. I remember watching Chelsea went he introduced the high line and laughing. You can chance your luck against weaker opposition and get away with it from time to time, but against top strikers they'll run rampant.

16 games in, the football we've played is horrendous bar a 20 minute period here or there. Squad had never been stronger, bench too. Getting murdered in our own patch yesterday and not having a single shot on target is bewildering.

AVB ain't no tactical genius, no more than Redknapp was. He's a nice guy and after calming down from yesterday I'd like him to succeed. But I feel he's doomed to failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

:rolleyes:Have Spurs their own thread or has it melted?

Regarding Spurs having their own forum: does this mean we can troll it without having to worry about betting banned from soccer...??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Spurs will bounce back soon, with or maybe without AVB. He'll need to change a few things or be changed himself.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Regarding Spurs having their own forum: does this mean we can troll it without having to worry about betting banned from soccer...??

You might have got away with it until this post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its not in the sports section so in short you can, but you can still be banned from it too by the local HMods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

AVB's been sacked!

Advertisement