Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roast chestnuts

Options
  • 15-12-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can pick some up. I looked in Avoca and they only had puree.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I saw a guy selling bags of them at the Xmas Market in the IFSC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I got a bag of chestnuts in Lidl, just roast them yourself and eat them warm from the oven with loads of salt. Nom nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

I've seen bags of chestnuts in most of the supermarkets at the moment. You can roast them over an open fire on the ashes shovel or in a wire basket. Just cut a little cross in the shells first to let them expand. There are plenty of YouTube videos showing how to prepare and roast them. Then sprinkle with salt, peel and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CyrilFiggis

They have them in superquinn at the moment. Pretty sure I've seen them in tesco too recently, the vacuum sealed packs as well as unpeeled bagged ones. Aside from that, Fallon and Byrne do a good selection of chestnutty things (and I've even seen marron glaces in the Gourmet Shop in Rathgar for anyone who's interested)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

Bought some in Dunnes Stores the other day, fresh ones so I could roast them s well as a bag of pre cooked ones in a vacuum pack for stuffing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Found them - cooked in Aldi. Thanks

Advertisement