Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for Commuting & Transport

Options
  • 15-12-2013 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

A thread was started by monument in C&T, with a link to a blog post on Irish cycle by Joe Bloggs.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057103463

I asked a question which invited a Yes/No answer. Buffybot deleted my post and banned me for a week from C&T on the basis that I am not "identify or speculate as to the identity of any anonymous or pseudonymous user".
    The blog article given as a source in the first post was authored by a Joe Bloggs. Does he post here?

Is the entire basis for that blog post a segment on Liveline?

*I have changed the name publicly given in the cycle blog so that this post cannot be used against me in the same way the original one was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

A PM from monument indicated that it was he that got Buffybot involved.

I PMed both, explaining politely the question warranted a Yes/No answer and that if I asked "Does Joe Duffy post here" would I have been banned and had my post deleted.

That was just over a day ago. Neither responded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hey there n97 mini,

I'll look into this for you.

Hey there n97 mini,

You posted:

"The blog article given as a source in the first post was authored by a Joe Bloggs. Does he post here?"

Boards Terms of Use are clear:

“[You agree, through use of this service, NOT to use boards.ie to:] identify or speculate as to the identity of any anonymous or pseudonymous user”

Such posting is also specifically covered by site Privacy Policy:

"Occasionally users may speculate about the identity of anonymous or pseudonymous users. Such speculation is against our Terms of Use and we delete all such posts which are brought to our attention."

While you may feel your question merely warranted a yes/no answer; inviting speculation, directly or indirectly identifying a poster is not permitted. Given this is the latest of several moderator actions you have received in the C&T forum it is not unreasonable that this time around, you were given a ban.

Ban upheld. You may ask an admin to review.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Can you explain this bit:
    Given this is the latest of several moderator actions you have received in the C&T forum it is not unreasonable that this time around, you were given a ban.

I have only received one infraction in C&T this year, in May. Previous was a year before that.

I think you are confusing me with someone else.

I am not going to appeal, but am happy to add my voice to the growing number of voices that are not happy with monument's modding, especially wrt to that thread.

Hey there n97 mini,
    n97 mini wrote: »
    Can you explain this bit:

Sure thing. According to the records this is your seventh moderator action in that forum. While I appreciate there is distance between them, it is not unusual for moderator actions to be or become incremental.
    n97 mini wrote: »
    I am not going to appeal, but am happy to add my voice to the growing number of voices that are not happy with monument's modding, especially wrt to that thread.

I appreciate that and your points have been duly noted.

If you aren't going to appeal, I'll have this thread marked resolved.

All the very best.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement