Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these OK for a 2001 swb Transit?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The Jack would be better than a windup but a good trolley jack would be better again and a bit more stable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

That jack says 127mm lift thats feck all so you may need timbers under/over it it mightnt be enough to take up the suspension travel. Just measure your min height and then measure the height to get the weels off the ground and you'll know what to look for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

scroll down to the bottom of page

http://audisrs.com/archive/car-ramps__o_t__t_14689.html

Cheap and cheer full ramps made from scaffolding planks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

A trolley jack can be got for €20-€30 and would be better. Axle stands are a must

corktina wrote: »
    A trolley jack can be got for €20-€30 and would be better. Axle stands are a must

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Swift66

Cheers lads, anyone recommend where I could get a good trolley jack for €20-€30?

Thanks

I got a small 2.5ton in an Autoparts store, any will have them.
    It's nice and neat to replace the stock onboard weapon but I still want a much larger one with better lift clearance because chalking jacks becomes a pain in the hole when you have to lift her on all fours. It's dead handy get a big one with a long handle then you can lift from the centre of the axles.

Advertisement