Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockin' Joe's???

Options
  • 15-12-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hey all,

Anyone been?

So whats the verdict?

Prices good? Special offers like Eddies used to have? etc

JS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Not the same. Not as nice. Even more expensive. Won't be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Why the name change? Wasn't it not supposed to reopen as Eddie Rocketts? Seems strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yeah the food was no where near as good as it was. We're going try again in a few months and see.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

3 fire engines out the back of there saturday night what ever was going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

I was in there saturday evening. I thought it was very nice and a handy casual dining alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Was in there Saturday night the place was packed, thought the food was the same as before.
    Fairly similar layout just all done in blue, thumbs up for the place.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Have heard a negative stuff about people not liking the name change and stuff,

Really nothing seems to make people happy, would people have preferred he didn't bother with the name change and instead went out of business instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Delighted to see it back open from an employment perspective for people just before Christmas and hope it does well.

However from a food perspective I'll give it a miss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Eat there last week for the 1st time since it reopened.

The food was nice and was full after it. €15 euros for 2 burgers, 2 chips and 2 drinks is a very good deal. Same menu as eddies. Everything was the same down to the plastic cups LoL witch where red not the Rockin Joes Blue ;)

Only think i will say they where crazy slow but it was busy so you can expect that

Will be back soon as i have always been a huge fan of there burgers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Was out there this evening, was crazy busy but we weren't waiting too long for a table. The waitress's were very polite and friendly, the food IMHO was very similar to previous place as were the prices. Will definitely go back there again, next time making sure to bring the 2 meal deal voucher :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Was out there this evening, was crazy busy but we weren't waiting too long for a table. The waitress's were very polite and friendly, the food IMHO was very similar to previous place as were the prices. Will definitely go back there again, next time making sure to bring the 2 meal deal voucher :-)

No need. We just asked in-store if they were doing the €15 meal-for-2 deal and they gave it to us no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Had breakfast there today. The place was freezing. And the smell of diesel fumes in the toilets was unnatural. Used to like it before but don't think we'll be back unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

b0ardsUser wrote: »
    I'm assuming the same staff who were working in Eddie Rockets are working there now.

When I went to Eddie Rockets, I've seen some of the "cooks" smoking cigarettes outside and come straight in. Whether he washed his hands or not I can't confirm, but he definitely didn't have enough time to adequately wash them from a hygiene perspective.

I've also seen the waiters 'top up' the ketchup/mustard bottles while the bottles were about 50% full. I also have a big problem when it comes to people wearing jewelry (charm bracelets, earrings, watches) and handling food.

There was also a point in time when they were serving soft drinks from the 500ml bottle as apposed to the fountains.

I've also brought this to the attention of the managers and franchise operators with very little resolution. I wouldn't consider returning unless a more adequate hygiene policy was in place.

a few things here bud, whilst you are entitled to your opinion albeit very small minded and totally over critical and off topic, hygiene policy aside your critique failed to mention the standard of food which comes across as slightly biased....

anyway to be a grammar hitler; apposed? I am opposed to such poor spelling, i do not see what the problem with serving from a 500 ml bottle? im sure if you were given a 180-200ml glass bottle you would have an issue ditto a 330 ml can.

Please define what an adequate period of time is to wash your hands? you can sufficiently wash your hands within 4-5 seconds, so unless you had the stopwatch out i suggest keep that one to yourself. what is the problem also with topping up ketchup and mustard up? no issue there from a hygiene perspective?

yea you have a point with the jewellery alright, look sorry to be a spelling hitler but in fairness you basically slated the place on the most minor and
    insignificant of things, would it be better they left it derelict and employed no one??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

id love a hotdog out of there right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

There's a deal on grab one right now for a burger, fries and a drink for €7. Or for two €13. (For 4 €25)

http://www.grabone.ie/south-east/rockin-joes-diner-13

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭manor

Went in there last night and it was fine, tonight I am going to another place that is getting slated on boards, the Reg; will let you know tomorrow if it is bad as others are saying:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭JShannow

manor wrote: »
    Went in there last night and it was fine, tonight I am going to another place that is getting slated on boards, the Reg; will let you know tomorrow if it is bad as others are saying:

So how was the Reg??

I ate in Oscars last night and was very impressed by the 8oz steak! I asked for medium rare and it was done perfectly, something alot of places cant do...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note:

I have removed a range of different posts in this thread for two simple reasons;

1) The vast majority wandered into a territory that may result in legal issues for Boards.ie and individual posters. Posts relating to such a discussion were also removed as part of the clean up as they no longer made sense with other posts removed.

2) A lot off topic discussion that really had little to do with the original point being made.

Any questions in relation to this, please send me a PM. All future posts, please remain on topic (the original topic).

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Note:

I have removed a range of different posts in this thread for two simple reasons;

1) The vast majority wandered into a territory that may result in legal issues for Boards.ie and individual posters. Posts relating to such a discussion were also removed as part of the clean up as they no longer made sense with other posts removed.

2) A lot off topic discussion that really had little to do with the original point being made.

Any questions in relation to this, please send me a PM. All future posts, please remain on topic (the original topic).

Thanks.

Here Here!

• Advertisement
Advertisement