Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12v/solar powered heat lamp?

Options
  • 15-12-2013 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭

Does such a thing exist? Planning (lots of plans) on putting up a small shed. Lighting won't be an issue, but a heat lamp might come in handy at some stage if needed for a cold lamb. No power on site, don't live on farm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Con your some man for questions. I'd say when you were a young ladeen you had your mothers head wrecked with questions haha ��

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

If anyone knows, these guys should http://www.thesolarcentre.co.uk/pages/Solar_Shed_Lights.html. You'll get decent light from the latest solar panel tech / LED tech combinations, but a heat lamp? I'd say its pushing the tech. BUT combined with a battery system, I'd say its well possible now. Worth looking into alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭AnFeirmeoir

maybe a small generator might get out out of trouble when you need to plug things in for a while ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Johnsey

Quad-x do a lamb reviver unit which is a box with a heat source at the bottom that heats to body temperature. It works off the quad battery or any 12v supply. I'm not sure what the heat source is but I'm sure a homemade version of this could be thrown together if you could find out what the heat source is . Would something like this b any use to u?

Advertisement