Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment Training Course on line

• 15-12-2013 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

This Is my first time using boards.
    A relative said that there was an online Garda recruitment training course.
    I cant find one. Can anyone confirm if there is as I would do it as would my mates in Australia.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

<mod snip> used to do them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

This Is my first time using boards.
    A relative said that there was an online Garda recruitment training course.
    I cant find one. Can anyone confirm if there is as I would do it as would my mates in Australia.
    Thanks

You should check out <mod snip> they do online courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 who shot jr

Yea I looked up <mod snip> but they dont have online.
    I will look up <mod snip> and see what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ppaddy

Any one around galway or mayo who might like to have a study day eve / try help each other .
    or any one want to share tips lets start , merry Xmas to all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Save your money.

You have as much chance getting a position in AGS without doing a prep course as those who have.
    You can get practice aptitude tests online for free.
    You can buy books about interview preparation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Save your money.

You have as much chance getting a position in AGS without doing a prep course as those who have.
    You can get practice aptitude tests online for free.
    You can buy books about interview preparation.

Just saw <mod snip> being advertised locally and it looks like a business set up to extract money from work hungry people, who can ill afford it. The website is written up so as to suggest that you will be way ahead of the posse by taking this <mod snip> course.
    Anyone if it has government sanction?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭RANDOMUSER

Wearb wrote: »
    Just saw <mod snip> being advertised locally and it looks like a business set up to extract money from work hungry people, who can ill afford it. The website is written up so as to suggest that you will be way ahead of the posse by taking this <mod snip> course.

None of these courses will be accredited from either the Public Appointments Service or AGS. Theses places usually send people to the aptitude tests and use past campaigns familiarisation material to make up their courses.

RANDOMUSER wrote: »
    None of these courses will be accredited from either the Public Appointments Service or AGS. Theses places usually send people to the aptitude tests and use past campaigns familiarisation material to make up their courses.

My whole community think they are helping out the Gardai by advertising these courses. I will try and acquaint some of them up over the next few days.
    I am annoyed at the clever way that the website is designed and worded. I think I will complain to the advertising standards authority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭bassy

WHat level of education is required to become a Garda ?.

bassy wrote: »

The Ability to open links on the publicjobs.ie website is vital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭bassy

The Ability to open links on the publicjobs.ie website is vital.

Internet ehhh full of *******

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

bassy wrote: »

Jesus Christ.

How many times has this one been asked?

I was a bit sceptical about contacting <mod snip> after what you stated however I bit the bullet and I have to say these guys know their stuff. I didn't know if I would be able to attend the day course so I went to them privately and received great advice on the application form and interview tips techniques etc. Also all the info I needed is on the online course. Feel more confident now.

I was a bit sceptical about contacting <mod snip> after what you stated however I bit the bullet and I have to say these guys know their stuff. I didn't know if I would be able to attend the day course so I went to them privately and received great advice on the application form and interview tips techniques etc. Also all the info I needed is on the online course. Feel more confident now.

Are you promoting this course?

Are you promoting this course?

How do you mean promoting?
    I looked for a course that would help me get a job that would provide for my family I found one, paid for it and I am happy.
    I would recommend these guys after I met them.
    You sound as if your in the same business are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 leckyjim

How do you mean promoting?
    I looked for a course that would help me get a job that would provide for my family I found one, paid for it and I am happy.
    I would recommend these guys after I met them.
    You sound as if your in the same business are you?

This is a competition, you need to be ahead of the rest of the other 30000. Use all the methods at your disposal to shine! Hence the word competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Andrea345

The test are in no way easy and the more preparation u get the better so I would suggest doing as much as possible. The time constraints are a hindrance too so practice. The job simulation however is something you need to be naturally good at. As far as I know though there is only two exams for the online test which is skills and abstract reading. Then the assessment centre, the same with possibly verbal reasoning.

Sand Man wrote: »
    I was on ~~~~~~~ and have signed on for one of their day course,guy on phone was helpful at least i could speak to a human being and not a machine.

Did he pay you to advertise his service?

Did he pay you to advertise his service?

There does seem to be a nationwide campaign going on with this service. <mod snip>

I was on to the Garda Press office and they replied that it is a private commercial company that isn't promoted or endorsed by An Garda.

I only say this, because after visiting their site, I thought it was a part of the Garda recruitment process.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 leckyjim

There does seem to be a nationwide campaign going on with this service. <mod snip>

I was on to the Garda Press office and they replied that it is a private commercial company that isn't promoted or endorsed by An Garda.

I only say this, because after visiting their site, I thought it was a part of the Garda recruitment process.

This guy seems to be a competitor. Bit of sour grapes! Did he ring their confidential number, haha!

• Advertisement

leckyjim wrote: »
    This guy seems to be a competitor. Bit of sour grapes! Did he ring their confidential number, haha!

20,000 people applying. How many took this course without any advantage assured. I have no axe to grind other than I have seen all of this sort of potential exploitation on the enemployed before. A group that can ill afford it. Such people cannot afford <mod snip> every time they apply for a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Andrea345

Andrea345 wrote: »
    The test are in no way easy and the more preparation u get the better so I would suggest doing as much as possible. The time constraints are a hindrance too so practice. The job simulation however is something you need to be naturally good at. As far as I know though there is only two exams for the online test which is skills and abstract reading. Then the assessment centre, the same with possibly verbal reasoning.

I just realised I wrote the wrong tests on here. I must have been tired. It's abstract and verbal reasoning tests. Sorry about that folks. No idea where that came from.

Advertisement