Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie League - Season2 - End Of Season Awards

Options
  • 15-12-2013 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

So we're 5 league game away from the end of the season.

So its time for MOTS(Manager of the Season) again... I'm going to do it slightly different than Season 1's awards ...

I'm not going to do it by PM, I ask that only the people in a particular division vote for the MOTS in that league.

Please also include your SM team + Division so I can verify only the managers of a certain division voted for that divisions awards.

Good Luck to all!

Here are the categories:

Team you manage -> :

Manager of the Season -> :
    Most Valuable Player -> :
    Best Transfer of the Season -> :
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW -> :

I will leave this open for 5days after the EOS game, which translates into 07 Jan 2014.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Team you manage -> : FC Porto (D1)

Manager of the Season -> : Leverkusen
    Most Valuable Player -> : Ibrahimovic
    Best Transfer of the Season -> : Courtois(for Varane) to Madrid
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW -> : Courtois(for Dexler) to Roma

Reasoning:
    1. Promoted site sitting 5th in the table
    2. He is 1st or 2nd on Goals, Assists, MoM and Avg Performances.
    3. THE most promising(and delivering) GK in the GW.
    4. See above ... cant fathom why one would move him on, personally I'd take the hit on Casillas instead ( no sour grapes here, would have been as surprised if I had landed him)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Team you manage -> : Sporting D4

Manager of the Season -> : Seaneh
    Most Valuable Player -> : Matri
    Best Transfer of the Season -> : Marti to Sporting
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season -> : ronaldo to barcelona

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Seaneh wrote: »
    Team you manage -> : Sporting D4

Manager of the Season -> : Seaneh
    Best Transfer of the Season -> : Marti to Sporting
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season -> : ronaldo to barcelona

Voting for yourself eh, thats not big headed at all!

mackeire wrote: »
    Voting for yourself eh, thats not big headed at all!

I am the outstanding candidate, people can vote for themselves in elections, why not here?

lets just keep this thread for votes if we can, will be ouch enough to collate all the results without having to trawl through 'unrelated' posts.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Team you manage -> : Chelsea (division 2)

Manager of the Season -> Sunderland manager
    Most Valuable Player -> : Messi (honourable mention to Kevin Grosskreutz who seems to playable everywhere bar goalie)
    Best Transfer of the Season -> adnan januzaj to Anzi
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW -> : Me buying Khedira for Terry and Ramires - paid over the odds. Ramires might go to 92 soon, and Terry playing well enough this season

Manager of the Season -> Sunderland manager
    Most Valuable Player -> : Messi (honourable mention to Kevin Grosskreutz who seems to playable everywhere bar goalie)
    Best Transfer of the Season -> adnan januzaj to Anzi
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW -> : Me buying Khedira for Terry and Ramires - paid over the odds. Ramires might go to 92 soon, and Terry playing well enough this season
    hey, the first 3 are specific to the division you are in, the last one is GW wide ...

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    hey, the first 3 are specific to the division you are in, the last one is GW wide ...

ah feck it .. cheers. I didn't read the post properly. I'll have a look again tomorrow.

Manager of the Season -> Dynamo Kyiv .. most overachieving team I think?
    Most Valuable Player -> : LENS, Jeremain 14 assists and 16 goals for PSV
    Best Transfer of the Season -> Jonathan Tah to Chelsea (sorry don't have time to trawl through other teams)
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW -> : Terry + Ramires = Khedira

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Team you manage -> : JUVENTUS (D1)

Manager of the Season -> : JUVENTUS
    Most Valuable Player -> : VUCINIC
    Best Transfer of the Season -> : BARZAGLI and GIOVINCO = ALEXIS SÁNCHEZ
    Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW -> :Seaneh to CSKA then back to Sporting and off to Benfica

• Advertisement

up ya go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Bumpity bump bump

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Team you manage -> : Estudiantes (D3)
    :
    Manager of the Season -> : Daniel O'Neill (Shanghai Shenhua)
    Most Valuable Player -> : Junior Hoilett (Estudiantes)
    Best Transfer of the Season -> : Carlos Teves (Manchester City to Hamburg [42.m])
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW -> : [Insert poor/strange transfer here]

MOTS : Shanghai Shenhua have only one 88 rated player yet he has them sitting in 5th position. A remarkable achievement. Hopefully he can go on and finish the job in the playoffs.

MVP : Even with myself trying hard not to be biased, I found it hard to look past the achievements of Junior Hoilett. Rated 87, he sits on top of the Division 3 goalscoring charts, 4 goals ahead of Demba Ba, and a whopping 6 ahead of 93 rated Carlos Tevez. Without his goals Estudiantes would undoubtedly be playing their football in D4 next season and I'd be heading for the dole queue!

BTOS : With all the criticisms about cash being worthless in this gameworld, bringing in a 93 rated striker, with potential for a possible small rise(?), for straight up cash, albeit a lot, has to be considered as a fantastic coup by then manager 12GaugeDave (now with Real Madrid).

W(/O)TOS : I'll come back to fill this later. If I still don't know, then I'll just spoil this part of the ballot paper! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Team you manage -> : Lazio

Manager of the Season -> : Real
    Most Valuable Player -> : Hoilett
    Best Transfer of the Season -> : Ronaldo
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW -> : Matic

Real Manager took a lot of criticism for the Rinaldo deal even though he knew what he needed and others just didn't have a clue! WO well done & well done on winning it

Hoilett just did serious damage in D3

When a 98 moves, it IS the best transfer bar Messi, long term its a great deal for both

Mastic, well done Newcastle on that one!!!!! You landed a big time player that will surely move on to one of the big clubs soon as Benfica are traditionally a selling club.... And to be totally honest you got him for peanuts.....

Edit: also we should have in there 'hypocrite of the year' for those who go off on 2-3 page rants about protecting unmanaged clubs at turn around and fleece them when it suits their needs...... Some peoples comments here and actions on SM are purely laughable at best!

:rolleyes:

Team you manage -> : Lazio

Manager of the Season -> : Real
    Most Valuable Player -> : Hoilett
    Best Transfer of the Season -> : Ronaldo
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW -> : Matic

Real Manager took a lot of criticism for the Rinaldo deal even though he knew what he needed and others just didn't have a clue! WO well done & well done on winning it

Hoilett just did serious damage in D3

When a 98 moves, it IS the best transfer bar Messi, long term its a great deal for both

Mastic, well done Newcastle on that one!!!!! You landed a big time player that will surely move on to one of the big clubs soon as Benfica are traditionally a selling club.... And to be totally honest you got him for peanuts.....

Edit: also we should have in there 'hypocrite of the year' for those who go off on 2-3 page rants about protecting unmanaged clubs at turn around and fleece them when it suits their needs...... Some peoples comments here and actions on SM are purely laughable at best!

Tupac, the first 2 awards are from your own division ;)

Why??

No offence to the managers in my division as there are a few who have REALLY excelled but in my opinion the Real manager has surpassed anyone else this season, he was bold in the market and proved (almost) everyone wrong... Nothing unusual there though with a lot of wrong opinions though! Especially self opinions!!!!!

Anyhow, I'll abstain from voting on the first 2 questions, no offence to Palermo or Hamburg or Anzhi or such, they have all done really really good jobs!

Why??

No offence to the managers in my division as there are a few who have REALLY excelled but in my opinion the Real manager has surpassed anyone else this season, he was bold in the market and proved (almost) everyone wrong... Nothing unusual there though with a lot of wrong opinions though! Especially self opinions!!!!!

Anyhow, I'll abstain from voting on the first 2 questions, no offence to Palermo or Hamburg or Anzhi or such, they have all done really really good jobs!

tbf he may not of won D1 if the ground work wasnt already laid...... but he was the best in D3 before he left so i'd say tupac is alright to vote for him but only on the basis of his hamburg achievements. he was in D3 right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Team you manage: Real Madrid

Manager of the season: juventus/sporting cp

Most valuable player: Ibrahimovic

Best transfer of season: tevez to hamburg for cash

Worst transfer of season: dont keep up with other peoples transfers to be honest so my own worst transfer was aaron hunt while still at hamburg.

If I was allowed I would of voted for myself as best manager but I cant, i surpassed my own expectations in coming from division 3 to division 1 in 4th place with like 12 games to go or something sell ronaldo and make sh1t of everyone else to be fair while everyone said I had weakened my team by selling ronaldo.
    There are alot of managers way down in division 3 and 4 who are alot more worthy of the big teams in division 1 of that I am 100% sure of.

My advice to them is keep going and youll pick up a big team like me in the end and show you are a good manager I dedicate the title to all those top managers with sh1t teams in division 3 and 4.

Worst transfer of season: dont keep up with other peoples transfers to be honest so my own worst transfer was aaron hunt while still at hamburg.

If I was allowed I would of voted for myself as best manager but I cant, i surpassed my own expectations in coming from division 3 to division 1 in 4th place with like 12 games to go or something sell ronaldo and make sh1t of everyone else to be fair while everyone said I had weakened my team by selling ronaldo.
    There are alot of managers way down in division 3 and 4 who are alot more worthy of the big teams in division 1 of that I am 100% sure of.

My advice to them is keep going and youll pick up a big team like me in the end and show you are a good manager I dedicate the title to all those top managers with sh1t teams in division 3 and 4.

TBF..... not everyone.....

• Advertisement

Well said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Team you manage -> : Dynamo Kyiv D2

Manager of the Season -> : Won't vote myself, Spartak Moskva
    Most Valuable Player -> : David Villa
    Best Transfer of the Season -> : Pato :eek:
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW -> TBA

Reasoning:
    1. Over achieved, chance of reaching play offs.
    2. 17 Goals, 18 Assists, 8 MoM and 7.63 AvP rated 93
    3. 19 goals, 10 assists most MOM awards.
    4. TBA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Funny thread is funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Team you manage -> : Barcelona

Manager of the Season -> : Real Madrid
    Most Valuable Player -> : Benzema
    Best Transfer of the Season ->: Ronaldo
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW -> Joe Allen

Reasoning:
    1. For both his record in D3 and D1, totally deserved, even if he's been one step ahead of me all the way, haha...
    2. 18 goals in 25 games, as his team wins the D1 title.
    3. Regardless of my team benefitting, for the sheer bravery of it, selling Ronaldo has turned out to be completely justified.
    4. Joe Allen going back to Liverpool. Why? ;)

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Team you manage -> : Barcelona

Manager of the Season -> : Real Madrid
    Most Valuable Player -> : Benzema
    Best Transfer of the Season ->: Ronaldo
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW -> Joe Allen

Reasoning:
    1. For both his record in D3 and D1, totally deserved, even if he's been one step ahead of me all the way, haha...
    2. 18 goals in 25 games, as his team wins the D1 title.
    3. Regardless of my team benefitting, for the sheer bravery of it, selling Ronaldo has turned out to be completely justified.
    4. Joe Allen going back to Liverpool. Why? ;)

:mad:

the only one with a record in D1 is moi!

i pray to god (the beer i'm holding) you get relegated now for that statment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Team you manage -> : Ajax (Div 2)

Manager of the Season -> : Tonic Wine (Dynamo)
    Most Valuable Player -> : Huntelaar
    Best Transfer of the Season -> : Remy
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW -> :Khedira deal

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Team you manage: Arsenal - Div 1

Manager of the Season: Sunderland - only a handful of 90+ rated players and almost made top half of the table.

Most Valuable Player: Cavani - scored or assisted 29 of Napoli's league goals. I reckon they would have relegated without him.

Best Transfer of the Season: Praet to Porto for only 7.3m, great bargain there! nailed on riser I reckon.

Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW: At the time I thought almost 25m for Aaron Lennon was huge money considering he only plays one position! 1 goal and 3 assists in 20 games wasn't a great return.

Team you manage -> :BvB

Manager of the Season -> : king size mars bar
    Most Valuable Player -> : Robert Lewandowski
    Best Transfer of the Season -> Prob Ronnie
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW. No Comment. It's not my place too say how right or wrong anyone's deal's are

Bump

When is this closed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Team you manage -> : Malaga (Div 4)

Manager of the Season -> : Seaneh (Sporting)
    Best Transfer of the Season -> : AKINFEEV, Igor to Sporting
    Worst / Oddest transfer of the Season across entire GW -> :me to Malaga (their form fell off a cliff since I joined) otherwise Ronaldo to Barca

Advertisement