Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone have a review for: G&G EGM A4 Blow Back Plastic

• 15-12-2013 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to buy this gun but I want to know if there are any major faults or anything with it first. Has anyone had experience with this gun? Even held it?

Any thing you can report?

All the best.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Held it, shot it, used it. It's fine...not my cup of tea, but I'll get to that later.

G&G have good quality plastic, and what with the abundance of plastic on the real one, you won't notice the lack of metal for the upper receiver. It is quite light, but that can be a good thing...running around all day with a heavy weight gets tiring.

Internally this gun is fine - blowback gearbox shell, decent strength piston, grand gears and brass bushings. Air seal is fine, no complaints from me, and wiring is run of the mill. In short, it doesn't do anything fancy...but it's an MP5, and there's no faults with it internally. Well, almost none. Ditch the crappy motor and you're gravy.

Now, onto my reasoning for not liking it. First, I like realism - give me the weightier gun and I'm happy, so the sportsline feel does not do it for me at all. I would much rather use G&G's MP5 RTB series (battery handguard models), as it is of a much higher calibre. Secondly, the MP5 with full stock is virtually the same size as an M4 assault rifle, and given how poor MP5 magazines are (this is particularly in relation to upgraded guns; doesn't affect stock performance), why choose the MP5 if it's based on manoeuvrability? If you absolutely have to have an MP5, then by all means go ahead.

Summary: Good gun. Externals are good for a skirmish gun, but aren't going to cut it if you're looking for superior realism (the price reflects this). Internally is sound, and my only complaints are personal taste i.e. sliding stock all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭millgate1

Inari wrote: »
    Held it, shot it, used it. It's fine...not my cup of tea, but I'll get to that later.

G&G have good quality plastic, and what with the abundance of plastic on the real one, you won't notice the lack of metal for the upper receiver. It is quite light, but that can be a good thing...running around all day with a heavy weight gets tiring.

Internally this gun is fine - blowback gearbox shell, decent strength piston, grand gears and brass bushings. Air seal is fine, no complaints from me, and wiring is run of the mill. In short, it doesn't do anything fancy...but it's an MP5, and there's no faults with it internally. Well, almost none. Ditch the crappy motor and you're gravy.

Now, onto my reasoning for not liking it. First, I like realism - give me the weightier gun and I'm happy, so the sportsline feel does not do it for me at all. I would much rather use G&G's MP5 RTB series (battery handguard models), as it is of a much higher calibre. Secondly, the MP5 with full stock is virtually the same size as an M4 assault rifle, and given how poor MP5 magazines are (this is particularly in relation to upgraded guns; doesn't affect stock performance), why choose the MP5 if it's based on manoeuvrability? If you absolutely have to have an MP5, then by all means go ahead.

Summary: Good gun. Externals are good for a skirmish gun, but aren't going to cut it if you're looking for superior realism (the price reflects this). Internally is sound, and my only complaints are personal taste i.e. sliding stock all the way!

Thanks for that nice review! I think I'll go ahead and buy it, there doesn't seem to be any major faults from what I've read just there. However, what you said about it being virtually the same size as an M4 assault rife with the full stock makes me think. The main reason I wanted it was because it's a sub-machine gun, I have no particular admire towards the MP5 but it is nice, a bit generic but nice. Then again, right now I have a CA M15A4 Rifle (A.K.A Long barrel M-16) so really anything shorter than that would make me happy :D

I'm definitely all out there for realism but unfortunately I don't have the money to go all out there for a higher end gun just yet. Need to start saving. I might even build on top of this, buy a metal receiver, internal upgrades etc.

Thanks again man!

Advertisement