Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading a Pre built PC (Packard Bell ixtreme M5740)

Options
  • 15-12-2013 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I've had this Packard Bell ixtreme M5740 for a while now and it still holds up fairly well to date with games but I think it's time for an upgrade. Unfortunately she is a pre built rig so obviously upgrading it might not even be and option but thats what I'm here to ask about.

From searching around on google I can't really find a definite answer, apparently it is possible but I would have to change out the mobo and psu in order to improve the graphics card.

I want to upgrade the graphics card so it can hold its own once again while playing newer games. Unfortunately I also can't really find any spec sheets for it so I'm not exactly sure what to do.

There seems to be a few variants of the M5740 out there but it currently has a AMD Radeon HD 5570. If you guys could let me know what sort of specs you need in order to suggest an upgrade if its even possible that would be great! :D Sorry for the long winded post but I'm not quite sure how to approach the situation :D

If need be I can provide pictures of internals or even screenshots of the device manager if they help :D

Thanks in advance for any and all help given :)

Advertisement