Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January transfer window

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

McGeady to Everton might happen also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Rami and Honda to Milan are already confirmed.

Akinfeev to Milan is another strong rumour, contract expires in July so they might cash in early.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Every central midfielder in Europe to be linked with either Liverpool or United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

ciaran76 wrote: »
    McGeady to Everton might happen also.

Please god no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I know ManU will be linked with lots of midfielders, but given the board gave Moyes 30 million for Fellaini and he doesnt pick him, can they justify another big midfield signing?'

Plus Fletcher is back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I know ManU will be linked with lots of midfielders, but given the board gave Moyes 30 million for Fellaini and he doesnt pick him, can they justify another big midfield signing?'

Plus Fletcher is back!

If United want top 4 they are going to need a big midfield signing so yes they can justify it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

my wish list is for two first teamers for Liverpool to underpin our recent progress and push on for top4.

Draxler & Salah

please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

For United hopeful for Draxler, Baines and Herrera/Cabaye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

United were linked with Fernando of Porto,Everton tried to sign him but couldn't sort a work permit in the Summer,Fernando has just taken up Portugese citizenship which now does away with the need of a work permit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

I can see it being another very active January window again this year! I expect Utd to buy and if Liverpool want to maintain a top 4 finish then they have to buy too! I hope they don't lose Suarez to Madrid as it's been heavily mooted Ancelotti wants him and Ronaldo together! I hope my team Arsenal strengthens too as we need more quality as was evident in the Man City defeat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Every central midfielder in Europe to be linked with Spurs

:p

Liverpool - CM, FB and FW on the agenda but as to which players will arrive, so many names are mentioned its pointless guessing at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

For Chelsea, Zouma, Shaw, Falcao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Have many actually seen Herrera play? Is he actually that good?

For Arsenal, a striker and a backup CB would be great. I think it's unlikely we'll make a big signing, though.

In an ideal world, we blow the bank on Lewandowski and pick up a young, capable CB who'll improve to be backup (someone like Phil Jones' level). The latter is possible (though I don't know any targets that fit the bill myself- some German guy was mentioned a while back, that might be possible, or not) but the former is a wild stretch I think.

Bump,

Liverpool close in on Mohamed Salah if you can believe the Cairo press.

Chelsea to land Costa with Ba going in other direction (and or Benteke)

throw all the nonsense in here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We're meant to be in for Lazar Markovic of Benfica for 15million Euro, links of Matic to go back to Stamford Bridge too.

Also Fredy Guarin of Inter for similar money.

Every CF in Europe is linked to us, Falcao, Cavani, Lewandoski, Costa etc etc TBH I cant see any of them leaving in January, 3 of the 4 are still in the UCL.

Also talks about Shaw being brought in but I'd highly doubt it will be January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bridcutt will join Sunderland from Brighton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

United should buy iniesta, messi and Ronaldo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Seaneh wrote: »
    Rami and Honda to Milan are already confirmed.

Akinfeev to Milan is another strong rumour, contract expires in July so they might cash in early.

Another centre back, a left back, a midfielder and anybody who wants them take Muntari, Nocerino, Matri, Robinho and Constant.
    About as realistic as us getting top 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Nianggolan to Milan seems a nailed on cert too,

Nocerino to Torino in exchange for Danilo D'Ambrosio is likely to happen too.

Rumours that Astori will be on the move too.

Would love to see Milan make a double swoop for him and Nianggolan with some of out hangers on going th other way.

Send Constant, Bisra and a few others their way and a few €'s and we could get them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

zerks wrote: »
    United were linked with Fernando of Porto,Everton tried to sign him but couldn't sort a work permit in the Summer,Fernando has just taken up Portugese citizenship which now does away with the need of a work permit.
    iirc his contract is up in July so Porto might cash in now.
    United need a cm in January and I think that will be the only business they do,then a LB,CB and CM in the summer.Bound to be a good few players leaving the club. as well over the next 6-9 months.

United don't really need a new cb yet. Vidic, smalling, Evans, jones all there even if Ferdinand goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Another utility player like Javi Garcia, but good. Anybody outside the premier league can take him and Jovetic on loan.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Nianggolan to Milan seems a nailed on cert too,

Nocerino to Torino in exchange for Danilo D'Ambrosio is likely to happen too.

Rumours that Astori will be on the move too.

Would love to see Milan make a double swoop for him and Nianggolan with some of out hangers on going th other way.

Send Constant, Bisra and a few others their way and a few €'s and we could get them.

Caglari need money though as the owner said Astori and Nianggolan is going to us or Juve. The media is saying its down to Berlusconi, hope Cristante ain't included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Another utility player like Javi Garcia, but good. Anybody outside the premier league can take him and Jovetic on loan.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jovetic back at Fiorentina.

I really expected better from him in a City shirt. He was class at Fiorentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Jovetic back at Fiorentina.

I really expected better from him in a City shirt. He was class at Fiorentina.

Being injured may just be a reason for his poor form/lack of game time to prove his worth

He looked perfectly decent the one or two times I've seen him play, but the lad seems to be made of glass. Every week there's something new.

Needs to go some club where he'll play every week for a while, and get himself into some kind of shape where he's ready for premier league football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

United don't really need a new cb yet. Vidic, smalling, Evans, jones all there even if Ferdinand goes.
    I think Rio will leave in the summer and Vidic is 32 now so wont have much time left at the top.
    The type of CB I think United would buy would be a young player with potential who would be back up to Smalling,Evans and Jones for a season or 2.
    I also reckon Moyes will want to but his stamp on the team over the next few months as it is still SAF's team,so would expect plenty of changes over the coming months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Casillas to City please and thank you. If Kolarov leaves for Italy then I hope a LB is brought in. Also another striker/attacking winger-midfielder if Jovetic continues to be injured or loaned and with Aguero injured again...maybe some find on loan or something.

• Advertisement

City need another winger.

Nasri is inconsistent and Milner, although improved, isn't enough.

Navas one wing, silva behind Aguero....leaves one wing free.

Don't see city going 442 in the biggest games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Phil Babb

City need another winger.

Nasri is inconsistent and Milner, although improved, isn't enough.

Navas one wing, silva behind Aguero....leaves one wing free.

Don't see city going 442 in the biggest games

I disagree, I don't think we have room for another midfielder. Silva, Yaya and Fernandinho are all undroppable. Each of Nasri, Navas, and Milner can rotate. We probably have the least width out of any team in the whole premier league, but I think we cope pretty well without it. I think we might be showing there's a way to play to high level in contemporary football without a true winger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Zlatan to Celtic?

http://http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/zlatan-ibrahimovic-hints-at-celtic-move-1-3249687

I suppose with Samaras nearing the end of his contract, Zlatan would be the next best thing

What are they sniffing at the Scotsman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

mike65 wrote: »
    What are they sniffing at the Scotsman?

Quotes from the Zlatan himself. Obviously it's not implying he'll be going soon, just Zlatan saying he'd love to retire at Celtic in a few years. Obviously he's waiting for Samaras to leave so he doesn't end up sitting on the bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Apparently Lamela wants to go on loan to Inter or Atletico

Even though he can't get into the Spurs team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Why do people randomly say Phil Babb in different soccer threads, am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Newcastle fans, how much do you think it would take to prize Cabaye away, £20m?

Both would gladly take him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Blatter wrote: »
    Newcastle fans, how much do you think it would take to prize Cabaye away, £20m?

Hopefully thereabouts . Would love him at United think he'd fit in to our team perfectly.

• Advertisement

Napoli are apparently close to signing Gonalons from Lyon and N'Koulou from Marseille

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

GTR63 wrote: »
    Napoli are apparently close to signing Gonalons from Lyon and N'Koulou from Marseille

they would both be good additions. there was talks they wanted Agger from Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland make bids for Bridcutt and Buckley of Brighton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Id take him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

West Ham are set to sign Heitinga.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What's keeping Lamela out of the Spurs team? (Not been keeping up with them much since my money-maker Bale left :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

What's keeping Lamela out of the Spurs team? (Not been keeping up with them much since my money-maker Bale left :P)

He's homesick apparently and hasn't settled in England. Never wanted to leave Roma but they couldn't turn down the money for him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's homesick apparently and hasn't settled in England. Never wanted to leave Roma but they couldn't turn down the money for him.

Crazy transfer.

Roma didn't really want to sell but money was too good.
    Player didn't really want to go.
    AVB didn't want the player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

lordgoat wrote: »
    Crazy transfer.

They overpaid by about 10 million. I guess teams knew they'd have that Bale money coming in. Still think he'll turn out to be a great player, although not at Spurs more than likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

lordgoat wrote: »
    Crazy transfer.

That's just mental

• Advertisement
Advertisement