Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January transfer window

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Mick Wallace tweeting that Kevin Doyle is off to QPR. If anyone has info on that, it will be him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

oldyouth wrote: »
    Mick Wallace tweeting that Kevin Doyle is off to QPR. If anyone has info on that, it will be him

They've just lost Charlie Austin to injury I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

oldyouth wrote: »
    Good news for him, he really has had a nightmare in the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Palace are going deal mad - Wayne Hennessey from Wolves for 3 million, Joe Ledley from Celtic for 800k, Ivan Ramis, Tom Ince and Scott Dann all mooted today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Ledley for 800k could be a great signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Looks like the Hernanes to Inter is done and it was his own choice to leave, he posted this on his facebook page.
    Hello guys, I would like to explain my tears because I have seen that you got it wrong! Yesterday I cried not because Igli Tare and the President were asking me to go. I did not cry for this!

I cried because the two teams are negotiating and I have had the opportunity to leave, the possibility to leave Rome, the place I love, the fans I love and the people I love.

I have told the President that I would like to go for the belief that this is best at a professional level.

I thank [Lotito] personally because he has always been fair with me. This is my choice. To follow the desire at a professional level to get even higher in football.

Thank you for the love which you have given me from the first day until today, and know that I will love you forever and will never forget you.

Even if you turn towards hating me for these words,

Hernanes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ledley for 800k could be a great signing

Very disappointing day for Celtic fans after Lennon was giving indicators in the media that Ledley was likely to stay. They are getting a very good player.

Berba to Monaco as we speak.

Holtby to Fulham loan to buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

mike65 wrote: »

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 5 mins
    Dimitar Berbatov is poised to join AS Monaco from Fulham. He's out there already. He won't be going to Spurs.

jez mike i thought he was all set for spurs ;)

• Advertisement

I thought Liverpool might make a better offer! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just shown Lewis Holtby on SSN training with Fulham.

Holtby to Fulham loan to buy

Can just picture Berba strolling around Monaco,looking all cool like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Kevin Doyle has 3 goals in 29 games in League One this season. What a fall from mediocrity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Seydou Keita has joined Valencia

BfQsPwXCEAEYJ2v.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Good news for him, he really has had a nightmare in the last few years.
    In fairness Mick brought it all on himself !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Kallstrom To Arsenal. Good move from them, dropped a little but still a quality midfielder.

Transfer Sources ‏@TransferSources 1m

An £8 million bid has just gone in for Newcastle forward Papiss Cisse. [Eurosport]

NUFC will snap their arm off for it

Cattermole to Stoke would surprise me. Played well in last few matches ive watched them, their real driving force.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Whatever happened to him. Was devastating for 6 months. Looks like he's never played football before these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Zouma to Chelsea is done. Will remain on loan at St-Etienne until the end of the season.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3647103/title/zouma-signs

• Advertisement

Moyes on deadline day: "You can stand down your TV cameras at the gates. I don't think they'll be required. We've done our business."

https://twitter.com/ManUtd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Moyes on deadline day: "You can stand down your TV cameras at the gates. I don't think they'll be required. We've done our business."

So you're telling me there's a chance :D

David Conn ‏@david_conn 19m

Porto bought 90% of Mangala's "economic rights" when signed 2011; then sold 33.33% "to third parties" last year; they own 56.7% of him #mcfc

That deal will be complicated for Man City to complete. Expect a massive transfer fee!

Tim Sherwood says there is a "0%" chance of Spurs making any signings today
    — Paul Doyle (@Paul_Doyle)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Tim Sherwood says there is a "0%" chance of Spurs making any signings today
    — Paul Doyle (@Paul_Doyle)

So you're telling me there's a ... oh wait.

Fabio to Cardiff on a permanent deal.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

BfUJbfJIgAAiEhL.jpg

At least its not Andy Gray or Richard Keys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Nani to Milan rumours circulating and the odds have been cut from 40/1 to 6/1 today for him to join before 11pm. News comes after Milan's deal for Biabiany fell through.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/nani/club-after-january-transfer-window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kevin Doyle to QPR on loan for the rest of the season. Hopefully a good move for him and Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Kevin Doyle loan to QPR confirmed.

Looks like its the same old clubs that are making the headlines again on this deadline day,Harry doing his bit for QPR and Stoke,Sunderland and Fulham all getting players in.

Could be a quiet end to the window,unless Natalie Sawyer gets them out :D

Natalie Sawyer gets them out :D

Careful now you might get the Andy Gray & Richard Keys treatment for saying that. ;)

Nacer Chadli to Liverpool?

SSN still running the Efe Ambrose rumour?

Lennon quashed that at his press conference. "Not for Sale" was the term used and he only signed a new long term contract 4 months ago

Careful now you might the Andy Gray & Richard Keys treatment for saying that. ;)

I was talking about the big ear rings she wears on deadline day ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Corholio wrote: »
    Cattermole to Stoke would surprise me. Played well in last few matches ive watched them, their real driving force.

If another player comes in then fair enough but if not it is complete and utter lunacy. Making a rival stronger and weakening ourselves.

Journalists and reporters seem to think someone will come in so hopefully that's the case if it happens.

Paully D wrote: »
    If another player comes in then fair enough but if not it is complete and utter lunacy. Making a rival stronger and weakening ourselves.

Journalists and reporters seem to think someone will come in so hopefully that's the case if it happens.

Agreed a fee! Ye must have someone lined up so

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 3m

Joe Ledley flying into London to tie up move to Crystal Palace. #celtic #cpfc #SkyDeadlineDay

All done bar the shouting! :mad:

• Advertisement

Mata to Utd and Kate Abdo to SSN have been the best moves so far in this transfer window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Mata to Utd and Kate Abdo to SSN have been the best moves so far in this transfer window

Agreed, great bit of business done by Chelsea and Sky

Who the **** needs Jim White!? :eek:

cq1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Why is England taking everything related to football from Germany these days? Players, coaches, tv presenters..

Oat23 wrote: »
    Why is England taking everything related to football from Germany these days? Players, coaches, tv presenters..

Ah she is only on loan till the end of the season,

RTE are lining up a bid to bring her to RTE to take over form Bill O'Herlihy :)

Wonder will Sky have that lad that is chairman of Peterborough on Darragh MacAnthony,he was a good laugh during the last deadline day.

• Advertisement

Wonder will Sky have that lad that is chairman of Peterborough on Darragh MacAnthony,he was a good laugh during the last deadline day.

He'll still be bitching about Celtic bidding for Lee Tomlin! :pac:

What have you made of Borini so far Paully?

Really like him mate. His workrate is something else. I think he's forced to play a bit deeper than he would like, but he's been impressive. If he doesn't get much of a chance at Liverpool next season I'd be delighted to see him back.

Corholio wrote: »
    Who the **** needs Jim White!? :eek:

cq1.jpg

Let's hope Sky don't sneaky release Jim's off/on mike comments :P

Deadline day should be re named Loan Day.

Brian McDermott sacked by Leeds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement