Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January transfer window

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Rene Meulenstein is an absolute spoofer. He should stick to what he is good at, and that's coaching developing players. He has no business being a manager at the highest level and will absolutely relegate Fulham.

That is all.

Whats that got to do with the January transfer window ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Liam Lawrence joining Barnsley from PAOK Salonika.

Now there's a guy I'd completely forgotten about. Can't even remember who he was last with in England. :o

................Opens Google, types "Liam Lawrence wiki"

Update: Cardiff on loan 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Rene Meulenstein is an absolute spoofer. He should stick to what he is good at, and that's coaching developing players. He has no business being a manager at the highest level and will absolutely relegate Fulham.

That is all.

Ah yeah, Fulham were riding high before he came eh

As regards him having no business being a manager, could you also give me some numbers for the lotto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ryan Bertrand gone on loan to Villa from Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Anderson having a medical at Fiorentina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That is all.

agreed cock sure for a guy with no experience. He is banker to take fulham down.

Careful you'll upset the united faithful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Dong-Won Ji has signed for Ausburg until the end of the season , Then he'll sign for Dortmund in the summer.

Funny transfer.

http://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/BVB-sign-Dong-Won-Ji

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Dong-Won Ji has signed for Ausburg until the end of the season , Then he'll sign for Dortmund in the summer.

Funny transfer.

http://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/BVB-sign-Dong-Won-Ji

Martin Tyler: JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Martin Tyler: JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Dortmund fans: who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Is he the lewandowski replacement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Saw this doing the rounds on Twitter. Apparently Remy Cabella's dad is saying that he'll join Newcastle...

Don't know who this fella is. Any football manager enthusiasts care to tell me how great or otherwise he is?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Saw this doing the rounds on Twitter. Apparently Remy Cabella's dad is saying that he'll join Newcastle...

Don't know who this fella is. Any football manager enthusiasts care to tell me how great or otherwise he is?
    attacking midfielder ,he was linked to United in the summer .I have only seen him a few times .He has been a regular in their team the last 3 or 4 seasons including the year they won Ligue 1.
    Any word on the fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://football-italia.net/44002/official-napoli-sign-jorginho
    Napoli sign Jorginho. €5.5m for half now & another €5m to buy the other half in the summer. Compared to other fees paid so far in January thats an absolute steal. As a Milan fan i'm raging at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Lacina Traore to Everton, hes huge :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

GTR63 wrote: »
    http://football-italia.net/44002/official-napoli-sign-jorginho
    Napoli sign Jorginho. €5.5m for half now & another €5m to buy the other half in the summer. Compared to other fees paid so far in January thats an absolute steal. As a Milan fan i'm raging at that.

Steal, been watching him for a few months as I wanted United to sign him or Nainggolan and to see both move for small money is annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,575 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Don't get that one. He won't play ahead of Lukaku and he's not going to be joining at the end of the season so little point in grooming him as a backup.

CSF wrote: »
    Don't get that one. He won't play ahead of Lukaku and he's not going to be joining at the end of the season so little point in grooming him as a backup.
    considering Everton only have Kone as back up to Lukaku,he should get plenty of game time.Kone is injured and they have no other proper CF its a good move for Everton .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Himself and Pantilimon coming up against each other at corners would be entertaining!

12 days to go. Jim White is approaching semi mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Was there something said about chelsea close to signing another big name on that transfer talk on sky sports news there now? wonder who it is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Raf32 wrote: »
    Was there something said about chelsea close to signing another big name on that transfer talk on sky sports news there now? wonder who it is

Does that FFF thing still stand anymore?

yabadabado wrote: »
    considering Everton only have Kone as back up to Lukaku,he should get plenty of game time.Kone is injured and they have no other proper CF its a good move for Everton .
    Kone and Jelavic didn't. Lukaku is usually a good bet to get the 90 minutes.

CSF wrote: »
    Kone and Jelavic didn't. Lukaku is usually a good bet to get the 90 minutes.
    Kone got a few 15-20 mins for them before injury,I think he got injured after about 6 games so hard know how he would ahve been used.
    Jelavic started the first 5 EPL games,didn't score and didnt get much of a look in since.Hard to give lads time when they not performing/injured.

Everton need a striker with Jelavic gone and Kone out for the season,Traore should get plenty of time they have no other recognized CF ,they would end up with naismith or miralles if anything happens Lukaku.I think thats one of the main reasons Lukaku usually plays the 90mins.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Kone got a few 15-20 mins for them before injury,I think he got injured after about 6 games so hard know how he would ahve been used.
    Jelavic started the first 5 EPL games,didn't score and didnt get much of a look in since.Hard to give lads time when they not performing/injured.

Everton need a striker with Jelavic gone and Kone out for the season,Traore should get plenty of time they have no other recognized CF ,they would end up with naismith or miralles if anything happens Lukaku.I think thats one of the main reasons Lukaku usually plays the 90mins.
    Wasn't aware of Kone's injury for some reason. Still think that with the likelihood of them losing Lukaku in the summer they should have brought someone in who could have feasibly replaced him next season as I don't see that person being Kone next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Seems inter and juve are swapping guarin for vucinic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

klose wrote: »
    Saw that earlier, can't see Guarin getting into the Juve team and Inter shouldn't be trying to get a 30 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's turned into a bit of a soap opera. Apparently a deal was agreed but Inter cancelled it due to a furious reaction from fans on Twitter and now Guarin has refused to leave the Juve offices and has threatened not to turn up for training at Inter on Tuesday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

It's turned into a bit of a soap opera. Apparently a deal was agreed but Inter cancelled it due to a furious reaction from fans on Twitter and now Guarin has refused to leave the Juve offices and has threatened not to turn up for training at Inter on Tuesday...

Seems a bit of a bad deal to me anyways, guarin seems highliy rated and vucinic is what 30?

Bastos has joined roma also, him and naingollan are good signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

More tidy business from Roma after the additions of Strootman and Ljajic in the summer. Rudi Garcia is doing some job there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland had agreed a loan deal for Bruma, who then went out and got injured and is out for the season.

That just sums up our season to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Seems a bit of a bad deal to me anyways, guarin seems highliy rated and vucinic is what 30?

Bastos has joined roma also, him and naingollan are good signings.
    Guarin is an awful, awful player. No idea why Juve are after him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Guarin is an awful, awful player. No idea why Juve are after him.
    I wouldn't say he is awful, on his day he is capable of winning a game single handedly but the problem is he doesn't do it enough, for every good game he has 4 or 5 where he is nonexistent. I agree with you on not knowing why Juve would want him though, they have much better players already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Replacement for pogba as he's off to psg would be my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Replacement for pogba as he's off to psg would be my guess.

Different players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Can Mata not speak english? Don't see why losing his benefits would make him move to Manchester

maximoose wrote: »
    Can Mata not speak english? Don't see why losing his benefits would make him move to Manchester

I actually posted the wrong link at first! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I know, just busting your balls!

I'd be surprised if he does go to Utd, in this window anyway. I know Jose says United are out of the title race but signing Mata might give them the kick up the ass they need.

maximoose wrote: »
    I know, just busting your balls!

I'd be surprised if he does go to Utd, in this window anyway. I know Jose says United are out of the title race but signing Mata might give them the kick up the ass they need.

Haha! I don't see it happening myself either to be honest! He didn't want Arsenal to have Ba as he sees them as a rival! Don't see him letting Mata go to Utd either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Chelsea don't need to play Utd but Utd have to play Chelsea's rivals. So he could do himself a favour by by strengthening the utd team in the hopes they might get so points from Chelsea's rivals. Plus he off loads a player he does not seem to want and gets good money for him.

I would be fairly surprised if it did not involve another player going their way in the summer but that is just pure speculation

• Advertisement

racso1975 wrote: »
    Chelsea don't need to play Utd but Utd have to play Chelsea's rivals. So he could do himself a favour by by strengthening the utd team in the hopes they might get so points from Chelsea's rivals. Plus he off loads a player he does not seem to want and gets good money for him.
    This keeps getting mentioned, but I don't see the logic. Sure it might help him for 6 months, but then from next year you've basically given your best player to a rival. Doesn't make much sense to me long-term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

This keeps getting mentioned, but I don't see the logic. Sure it might help him for 6 months, but then from next year you've basically given your best player to a rival. Doesn't make much sense to me long-term.

Yup, can't see it happening myself.

Even if United get Mata does that really answers the issues in the team? He's not the type of player they need at all in my opinion. It screams panic from Moyes imo

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Even if United get Mata does that really answers the issues in the team? He's not the type of player they need at all in my opinion. It screams panic from Moyes imo

Every team and I mean every team needs a Mata.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Every team and I mean every team needs a Mata.

I think he's a good player yeah but does he answers United problems?

I think he's a good player yeah but does he answers United problems?

Ozil didn't answer our problems, we were still absolutely right to get him. Same applies for Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Doesn't make much sense to me long-term.

Never really been Jose "3 Year" Mourinho's priority though.
    They manage to win the league this year it'll be all about the Champions League next year, then a year of moping and complaining and then he'll sod off again.

Or maybe he'll leave after 2 years to replace Moyes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Mata needs to leave for his Spanish prospects

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Mata needs to leave for his Spanish prospects

Nobody expects the Spanish Prospects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

When have Chelsea ever thought about the long-term though?

Advertisement