Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

no heat from storage heater except boost

• 16-12-2013 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi

advice re storage heater would be greatly appreciated.

I have one storage heater in the living area of my apartment. Was working fine up until the weeked and then I changed the settings and now doesnt seem to work apart from boost.

The input is at 6 and output is at 4. That is the only change. Woke up this morning and the heater was cold. The boost works fine.

Does it take a while for the changes to reflect in the heat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 richj

Some storage heaters have a dual power supply, one for the storage and one for the Fan convector.
    Check that one of the MCB's hasn't tripped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

how would i do that???

sorry for stupidity. I might do a google search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 richj

Firstly check and see if there are two switches (Spur outlets) beside the heater and double check that one isn't switched off by mistake.
    If they're both on then go to the main electrical board (Normally around the front door) and check if one of the "switches" are down, if so push it back up and away you go.

hope all fine...had to google main electrical board to figure out what you meant.

All fine.. again boost is working and heat comes from it on boost so i know it works.

Any help/advice

Update

So tried to do some reading and research all day to see if I can fix the proble. I have put the input to 6 and output to 3. I have to leave it charge overnite and see what happens over 24 hours. Otherwise it is call an electrician.

Again great posts on this site but any advice appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭robd

Update

So tried to do some reading and research all day to see if I can fix the proble. I have put the input to 6 and output to 3. I have to leave it charge overnite and see what happens over 24 hours. Otherwise it is call an electrician.

Again great posts on this site but any advice appreciated.

One thing to be aware of with storage heaters. The elements do burn out and snap over time. The elements are similar to what you see in a kettle. Most units have between 2 and 4 elements going from bottom to top. Other than that storage heaters are pretty simple. Elements + bricks.

I've replaced them myself but not sure I'd recommend it unless you're competent at electrics. You kind find out how to change them by looking up manual for your unit.

Advertisement