Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Cooker Issues from Power City

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The retailer must provide a remedy, The customer deals with the retailer and should not be party to any dealings the retailer has with the manufacturer over parts or repairs. The repairs must be carried out in a reasonable time. to me and most likely to a small claims court it would be entirely reasonable to have a working cooker for Christmas!

True its the retailers job to remedy the situation and true you don't need to be party to their dealings with the manufacturer that doesn't mean however that you should ignore that that relationship exists.

Its completely unrealistic to expect any retailer to be in a position to repair everything they sell, they are weather we like it or not beholden to the manufacturer to a certain degree which means at times repairs will take longer than they like aswell as the consumer !

The OP had a problem with a 5 day turn around on a repair to me that's entirely reasonable a timeframe. As for Christmas that is completely irrelevant Im not sure why you like the OP feel the need to mention it that has no bearing on a reasonable timeframe whatsoever.

We would all love to be able to get something repaired or replaced immediately on return but that's a very expensive prospect and something that ultimately if it existed would be the consumer who pays for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

D3PO wrote: »
    True its the retailers job to remedy the situation and true you don't need to be party to their dealings with the manufacturer that doesn't mean however that you should ignore that that relationship exists.

Its completely unrealistic to expect any retailer to be in a position to repair everything they sell, they are weather we like it or not beholden to the manufacturer to a certain degree which means at times repairs will take longer than they like aswell as the consumer !

The OP had a problem with a 5 day turn around on a repair to me that's entirely reasonable a timeframe. As for Christmas that is completely irrelevant Im not sure why you like the OP feel the need to mention it that has no bearing on a reasonable timeframe whatsoever.

We would all love to be able to get something repaired or replaced immediately on return but that's a very expensive prospect and something that ultimately if it existed would be the consumer who pays for it.
    Why should the customer not ignore any relationship the retailer has with the manufacturer/repair company? The retailer can get an ape in dublin zoo to do the repair for all I would care as long as the ape is qualified to do the repair, who or how they get the item repaired is nothing to do with the customer, the time-frame is however a lot to do with the customer especially when anecdotal evidence suggests that these repairs start at a reasonable few days then stretch to several weeks and often several months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Why should the customer not ignore any relationship the retailer has with the manufacturer/repair company? The retailer can get an ape in dublin zoo to do the repair for all I would care as long as the ape is qualified to do the repair, who or how they get the item repaired is nothing to do with the customer, the time-frame is however a lot to do with the customer especially when anecdotal evidence suggests that these repairs start at a reasonable few days then stretch to several weeks and often several months.

so 5 days for a cooker repair is unreasonable ? Were not talking about several weeks or months and of course if your talking about that it changes the whole situation but that's not what this thread relates to.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

Just 1 thing say on this if ur looking for better customer care stay well away from Currys/PC WORLD etc the whole DSG group
    I had 2 what I can only call nightmares with them they even try charge on 1 item they wanted send away to test after I pointed out my connact was with them not manufacturer (actully had print out and bring tat part from consumer affairs site )thank god for small claims court

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you want to discuss a decision with a moderator, take it to PM or an alternative method. Do not clog up the thread with argument.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Glad it got sorted OP.

Save some turkey for me

Advertisement