Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spa treatement

Options
  • 16-12-2013 10:05am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Possibly one for the ladies here...

I'd like to get herself a voucher for some sort of spa treatment, but after some searching online I'm ready to give up - I'm completely out of my depth!

Could anyone recommend some place that does say, a 2-3 hour pampering session?

Thanks.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

Not a lady but I'll try help out ;)

Got my OH a voucher for Solas Croi down in the Brandon House last Christmas and it seemed to go down well.

Down in New Ross but that's only a few minutes away.

Just got a money voucher instead of trying to pick a package for her as I wouldn't have a clue what's good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I've been to the Oasis Spa in the Lyrath hotel in Kilkenny with the missus. Lovely relaxing spot. Well worth a visit, and could be a nice trip for the both of ye, with lots of brownie points for you!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Thanks folks.

I'll check those places out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Chriky, can ye not keep it local?! :) Try shop local.

What type of treatment are you thinking? A lot of beauty salons do such treatments like massages and facials. In Tramore, for example, you have Bay Spa which would be perfect for a good spa treatment.

If I recall, doesn't Sam McCauley there up by A|Wear do spa treatments?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Deise_vixen

If you want to stay local I would highly recommend Bay Spa in Tramore they have tonnes of treatment options and a beautiful view of the beach. If you are in the city the Sam Mc Cauley spa is great. Also I think if you buy a voucher for Mc Cauleys she could use it in either the shop downstairs or the spa upstairs so plenty of flexibility (just check that when buying to be sure though).

Both of those spa's do half day pamper sessions or you could just get a voucher for a monetary value and she could pick what she wanted herself.

Hope that helps!

D_V

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

I got a present of a pampering day in Sam Mc Cauley's many moons ago and still remember how great it was. Many people don't realise the sheer *size* of the spa upstairs and the variety of rooms/treatments available. Definitely pop upstairs and check out their packages next time you're in town. Customer service on the front desk can be hit-and-miss, but the staff behind the swinging doors are pure professionals.

Also, don't forget the Kingfisher Spa, which has a huge mud/shower/thermal room facility (bliss!), along with huge range of other treatments. What I love about Kingfisher is the ease of access - parking is right outside the spa (handy if you've just gotten a pedicure or are all wobbly from a massage),

I've also been to Spirit and found them very good for facial treatments or things where you pop in for like 30 mins, maybe not for a day or half-day package. The upstairs spa is very tight/cramped, a bit like a warren, and you can feel a bit 'in the way' in their relaxation area.

If you're looking to keep it local, I'd definitely recommend considering Kingfisher first, then Sam Mc Cauley's.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Thanks again.

Happy Christmas to one and all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Possibly one for the ladies here...

I'd like to get herself a voucher for some sort of spa treatment, but after some searching online I'm ready to give up - I'm completely out of my depth!

Could anyone recommend some place that does say, a 2-3 hour pampering session?

Thanks.

my missus raves the bay spa in tramore so that should be good place to go. Spirit and kingfisher also good. plenty of places like that in Waterford.

Advertisement