Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kerry v Dublin AI Semi 2013

• 16-12-2013 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Anybody know if this will be shown over the Christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

TG4 had it on yesterday on a program called Cluichí na Bliana Came across it by chance . Brought back great memories of a cracking day .
    Watching Kmc's goal over again was great , real turning point.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭El Viz

I recorded it on the UPC box on the day. Watched it at least two dozen times since. The full match is on the new Dublin DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

El Viz wrote: »
    The full match is on the new Dublin DVD.

Thats good to know . Im sure (i hope) Santas bringing that , although I dont think i'll get away with watching it after the Christmas Dinner !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I couldn't watch it after the big Xmas dinner. I still get nervous watching it. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I couldn't watch it after the big Xmas dinner. I still get nervous watching it. :P

I couldn't watch if after the Christmas Dinner either. I still get sick watching it:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

would most Dubs see this as a more pleasing win than the final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

That's a tough one to answer. Both games had their good points and bad points. This one was an incredible roller coaster ride & our never say die attitude was incredibly satisfying. And it was a victory over the Auld Enemy. Our fearless leader Kevin Heffernan, Lord rest his soul, used to say that a win over Kerry was twice as sweet as any other victory. But given all that, we were guilty of some terrible defensive shortcomings & we were ridiculously out played, in the first half in particular. So despite all the hype about it being a game for the ages, I find it hard to look back on it with the same fondness that some others do.

The Mayo game was no where near as pretty to watch. But if made to choose between the two, I'd pick it as being more pleasing. We just played better over all, we asserted ourselves more & but for being down to 13 men for the last 15 mins, I think we would have gone on to win the game pretty comfortably. It was also an AI final, which makes a big difference. So overall, I think that this was a better win, despite all the hyperbole that sprouts up at the mere mention of a Dublin/Kerry contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

roll wrote: »
    Anybody know if this will be shown over the Christmas?

Hope so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

I was at the game and it was an exceptional encounter but it's easy to tell we'll all be sick of hearing about it in record time, total over-saturation going on and only about to head into the retrospective season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

It is most likely to be on TG4 if it is going to be reshown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

watched the sunday game highlights last night on You Tube with a buddy home for the xmas, who missed it. he was in awe. feck it how come it's always a classic when kerry lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭El Viz

I'd reckon so. It certainly was for me anyways.
    As someone else pointed out, it's always sweeter beating Kerry. I honestly felt bitter sweet beating Mayo.

It's definitely one game I'd show anyone unfamiliar with the sport to get them interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Probably, no disrespect to Mayo they had great year to reach another final but Dublin beating Kerry was the biggest hurdle to jump for them and in my opinion Kerry would have went on to win the All Ireland if they had won that semi final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I preferred winning against Mayo. We'd beaten kerry in 2011 and lost to Mayo in 2012. I think Mayo would have beaten kerry, we only won by a tiny margin, the Mayo backs would have been better on Gooch and kerry would have been less wound up against Mayo, and kerry wouldn't have had the legs on Mayo either IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I preferred winning against Mayo. We'd beaten kerry in 2011 and lost to Mayo in 2012. I think Mayo would have beaten kerry, we only won by a tiny margin, the Mayo backs would have been better on Gooch and kerry would have been less wound up against Mayo, and kerry wouldn't have had the legs on Mayo either IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yes.

Much better game, crowd was red hot and coming from behind to beat your old rivals will always be sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yes.

Much better game, crowd was red hot and coming from behind to beat your old rivals will always be sweet.

Me too. I actually thought Dublin played poorly in the final. Even still i felt there was an inevitability about the result at half time.

The semi was completely different. Both sides played good football without the emphasis on attrition. The drama at the end could only be matched by the final in 2011 for me.

I have to say, and i'm not proud of it, i did enjoy 'the killing of the game' against Mayo in the final quarter after what happened in 2012 though.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ohmydays83

One of the all time classics games, thrilling to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I'd honestly put it down as the best game of any sport I have seen, along with the 2006 All Ireland Football semi final (Dublin v Mayo) and the 2009 AI Hurling final and 2004 Munster Hurling Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Great game. Kerry raised the bar early but they didnt have enough left in the tank especially in the second half when Dublin raised the bar another notch. Dublins fitness was hard to beat. Nobody expected Kerry to turn up ( i did) so credit has to be given to Kerry for making it a great entertaining game and they played some gorgeous football with excellent footpasses. Fair play to Dublin though for winning that one it was a great win and it set them up for Sam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Just was checking on the off chance that there'd be a live game on tg4 tomorrow, and there isn't, but this epic semi final will be re-shown on tg4 at 1.30pm for those looking to see or tape it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Felt compelled to post in this having seen the title. That opening 35 from Gooch is as good as I've seen on a football pitch. Absolutely sublime.

Advertisement