Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What you getting your bike for Christmas???

• 16-12-2013 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Seen this on another site taught it would be good to stick it up here.....anyone getting anything "NICE" for there 2 wheeled baby for xmas.

I am getting a set of HID's fitted by the chap I bought the bike off, doing me a very good deal on them. Need something coming into the dark dark 4pm evenings.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

New chain and Sprox tomorrow morning along with steering head bearings and then soon enough Osram nightbreakers should be arriving :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

New cans, can't hear the twin thumping with standard ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

New oil, a filter and a good wash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Mines getting returned to the f*cking dealer !! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

KTRIC wrote: »

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

two new front discs, pads and a shim job......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Nothing, need to save for a repair and respray of the fairings due to the damage done when the bike was knocked over by scumbags! Damage is minimal but its going to cost me at least 250.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Mines getting new tyres, service, clean and stuck up on donedeal in the new year
    Del2005 wrote: »
    New cans, can't hear the twin thumping with standard ones.
    What are you driving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Cienciano wrote: »

What are you driving?

KTM 990 SMT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I just got mine serviced.
    Sure that will do! Its a rare treat for my sv, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Seen this on another site taught it would be good to stick it up here.....anyone getting anything "NICE" for there 2 wheeled baby for xmas.

I am getting a set of HID's fitted by the chap I bought the bike off, doing me a very good deal on them. Need something coming into the dark dark 4pm evenings.

Anyone else?

nothing like a decent set of HID's, great investment if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jaysus lads, seems like most of you are treating the bike to a "SERIVCE" for xmas.....LMFAO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, seems like most of you are treating the bike to a "SERIVCE" for xmas.....LMFAO.

Well i got the calipers cleaned too and a new seal on my clutch fluid.
    Sure thats a present! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Del2005 wrote: »
    KTM 990 SMT
    Nice. Just the end cans and not the full system? What price are you looking at to replace them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I gave mine an early xmas present last month of heated grips. Some time in the new year I'll give it a present of a new front tyre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I've done so much for my bike this year I'm bloody well expecting it to sort me out :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'm getting mine serviced this week. I usually do it all myself but I'm treating the bike to some tlc from a garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭p_mac

Last month had to replace front pads, get a new shock :O was time for a front tyre also... be lucky if it gets an oil change for Xmas!

Going well for an 11 year old Deauville with 74k on the clock though! Touch wood!

Lads with the dark evenings i'd love to beef up the lights, was thinking of HID's... had em on a car years ago but don't know much about the bike ones. just saw em mentioned there... any advice??? possible Xmas pressie for dulville... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

p_mac wrote: »
    Lads with the dark evenings i'd love to beef up the lights, was thinking of HID's... had em on a car years ago but don't know much about the bike ones. just saw em mentioned there... any advice??? possible Xmas pressie for dulville... :)

Do it. It's been a few years since I've bought any so I don't which are the best kits at the moment but I can assure you that you won't regret it. Loads of room to fit it on a dullville. Turn night into day and make you much more visible on the lazy sunny days when you get people going half to sleep on the roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

I might build her a nice new covered in area if I can get the materials before the suppliers close up for the holidays. But bar that it will be just getting a good clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Mines finally getting a good hard riding ha, 1st time back out on a track in about 18months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

VRT'd the KTM and got a GoPro HD Hero 3+ Silver edition. Doing a lot of work on the house so that's the lot for now. Will need new tyres for both and a valve clearance check done on the KTM when I have money again!

Thankfully there's feck all left to modify :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Have just fitted these refurbed calipers :D

Have just fitted these refurbed calipers :D

See you this Sunday for a spin and some brekkie so! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

KTRIC wrote: »

...was in There on Saturday............didn't see your new one though - plenty of 'sold' marked on a few Multistrada's and Bonnevilles though.

Bloody Diavel looks the dogs - did you ever try that btw ?

Back on topic: did a wish list for my bike and sent it off for quote......... came to €2700 !! :eek: time to get out the editing pen.........:cool:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

What am I getting my bike? Sweet fúck all! It's an inanimate object FFS

RosieJoe wrote: »

Bah humbug.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

You're an inanimate object. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

Ah now Rosie, you have to treat them well otherwise they can turn sour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...was in There on Saturday............didn't see your new one though - plenty of 'sold' marked on a few Multistrada's and Bonnevilles though.

Bloody Diavel looks the dogs - did you ever try that btw ?

Back on topic: did a wish list for my bike and sent it off for quote......... came to €2700 !! :eek: time to get out the editing pen.........:cool:

Mines tucked away in the workshop away from gremlins and meddling hands :pac:

Advertisement