Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What you getting your bike for Christmas???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I got mine back today from a service. He tightened up what needed to be tightend an greased up anything that needed it. Sorted out the sticky calipers too and a few other bits. Sure the bike its driving much nicer now. Its deffo like a christmas present! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

My Da gave me a ktm 950 sm for Christmas
    He bought it new in 08 but he's 73 so he reckons he should ride something a bit less licence loosing cos they take you license at 73 if you are hooning too much
    I'm happy and sad at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Tigger wrote: »
    My Da gave me a ktm 950 sm for Christmas
    He bought it new in 08 but he's 73 so he reckons he should ride something a bit less licence loosing cos they take you license at 73 if you are hooning too much
    I'm happy and sad at the same time.

Nice xmas present!

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Nice xmas present!

Yeah but sad that the aul fella isn't up
    To the ktm any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Tigger wrote: »
    Yeah but sad that the aul fella isn't up
    To the ktm any more
    Lots of second hand Triumphs out there for the discerning elder gentleman, or maybe a Royal Enfield...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Lots of second hand Triumphs out there for the discerning elder gentleman, or maybe a Royal Enfield...

I love these. Rode one over the Himalayas last year. I''m hoping to pick up a project Bullet in the near future.

@Tigger, what about a RE Continental GT? He must be reasonably limber if he was riding that SM around!! Reminds me of a chap in his eighties that still competes in MX down my way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

cantdecide wrote: »
    I love these. Rode one over the Himalayas last year. I''m hoping to pick up a project Bullet in the near future.
    !

...there was one for sale in Galway a while ago. Not sure if it sold or not.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Got my Chain, Sprockets and Steering Head bearings done today. The diffence in steering is so huge! I didn't think it would be that big a thing! FCUK They had it done under the time they quoted too and told me, so I didn't get charged for an extra hour :)

Incidentally, thanks cantdecide for the offer of the chain breaker, just had Lee do it since I was getting work done anyway :) Didn't particularly want to be out in the cold :D

Still waiting on my nightbreakers, but they shouldn't be too long, then the last big job is sorting out my Speedo, but that's a bigger job than any because I'm not particularly sure what's wrong :pac:

Tis the season to be Jolly for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

My el bandido is getting my buns! Haven't been home in 4 months so im going to ride the shi...life out of it for christmas! :D

Got my Chain, Sprockets and Steering Head bearings done today. The diffence in steering is so huge! I didn't think it would be that big a thing! FCUK

:cool:
    Incidentally, thanks cantdecide for the offer of the chain breaker, just had Lee do it since I was getting work done anyway :) Didn't particularly want to be out in the cold

No bodders bud.

It definitely wouldn't have been been down on your knees in the freezing cold today! Ride safe man.
    galwaytt wrote: »
    ...there was one for sale in Galway a while ago. Not sure if it sold or not.

Oh they don't go on DD without me finding them pretty quickly :pac: I'd like to get one next year but I have a job hunt followed by a house hunt before I can even think about taking the plunge. They're fantastic value for what you get IMO so I know once the cash is there, I won't think too much about whether to strike or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Dai John

I would like to give my bike a new owner for xmas.

Dai John wrote: »
    I would like to give my bike a new owner for xmas.

I'll take it.

You mean free, right?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Dai John

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Robbknoll wrote: »
    My el bandido is getting my buns! Haven't been home in 4 months so im going to ride the shi...life out of it for christmas! :D

With no Helmet or Gloves!!!!!

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

GOWAN YA GOOD TANG!!!!

cantdecide wrote: »

@Tigger, what about a RE Continental GT? He must be reasonably limber if he was riding that SM around!! Reminds me of a chap in his eighties that still competes in MX down my way!!

No he's got a v-strom
    Same idea but a lot tamer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I got given a honda 50 last year as a present and i am seriously thinking of getting a gallon of petrol and a box of maguire and patterson and burning it new years eve, piece of crap so it is, if i kissed its arse it wont start when i want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

WikiHow wrote: »
    I got given a honda 50 last year as a present and i am seriously thinking of getting a gallon of petrol and a box of maguire and patterson and burning it new years eve, piece of crap so it is, if i kissed its arse it wont start when i want it.

Well, I'll take it off your hands for free if it annoys you that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

WikiHow wrote: »
    Honda 50's & 90's are going for funny money these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Got my bike sprayed in september,got a set of mushrooms put on last week .put heated grips on her did a service and changed the head stock bearings not an easy job going to do.going to put a set of heavy duty clutch plats in over the christmas,most of this year has been like christmas for the bike:D
    got myself a frank thomas jacket and rstgloves for x-mass

Advertisement