Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bond Transfer

Options
  • 16-12-2013 11:43am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if it's much hassle getting a bond transferred over to a new tenant?

I'll be moving out of my apartment soon, and have a friend moving in. 2 of the current tenants are still here, so it's only me who's moving. I'd hoped i could just get the bond from him when he moves in, and than he could claim the bond back from the bond authority once they all leave, but as the bond has our three names on it i'm not sure if it's possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Kiith wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if it's much hassle getting a bond transferred over to a new tenant?

I'll be moving out of my apartment soon, and have a friend moving in. 2 of the current tenants are still here, so it's only me who's moving. I'd hoped i could just get the bond from him when he moves in, and than he could claim the bond back from the bond authority once they all leave, but as the bond has our three names on it i'm not sure if it's possible.

I had to do this a few months ago. Go to your landlord/estate agent, they'll give you a form for you and the new housemate to sign which will put the new guy's name on the lease and bond. Then just get the new guy to transfer the bond amount to you. Make sure to transfer any utility bills from your name to one of the other tenants' names too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cheers, got the form from the estate agency, and will get it filled out tonight. Nice and easy.

Advertisement