Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knackered screen on this iPhone 4?

• 16-12-2013 12:01pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My iPhone 4 (in a case, I should say) fell flat onto the floor from a small distance and the screen has been like this since.

There's no crack that I can see so I'm hoping someone here can tell me that it's just something like a loose connection that I can have a go at fixing myself... though I fear the reality is that the LCD is dead... What do you think?

I wouldn't mind but it's not long since I got the screen repaired after a bad fall - and that was the first time I'd had to do that since I got it shortly after launch (and most of that time I used it without a case too).

(The digitiser still works fine, so any problem is definitely with the screen itself)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Celtic_Repairs

Hi

I fix phones all the time. It maybe that the lcd connector have popped off from the fall. If you have the tools its very easy to check. Check out ifixit.com and go to iphone guides, choose an screen replacement guide for your phone. You will only be going through a few steps to get to the lcd connector and you will know if its not connected, hopefully a reconnect will do that trick. You can buy the correct tools cheaply, Fixiy.ie can help you with that if you need them.

Hope this helps you some what

Advertisement