Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AVB has been sacked, Sherwood appointed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    As far as the now is concerned they're 5 points off goal with 16 games played, while alive in all cup competitions. The 'now' wasn't at all bad, it's just something that seemed to escape Levy and a large swathe of the Spurs fanbase (disagree with kilth on there being a large consensus against the sacking).

At Spurs the issue has been style of football and shipping a couple of heavy marquee defeats against superior opposition. At Chelsea the issue was alienating the older money players in the squad. These things created the vulnerability, the detals of the argument over tactics and selection are just padding really.

And in fairness to AVB, he got SERIOUS stick for looking to let Dawson go in the summer, and when he has played him in his high line, he has looked like a Hippo turning in mud. Absolutely exposed as the average CB he is, AVB knew it, succumbed to the british journalist know it alls, and they shipped a rake of goals because of it.

I thought that would have been the indication for the Spurs fans to ignore the anti-Boas press agenda, put some trust in the manager and fire on from there.

Also just watched Redknapps comments last night, what a bell end. His father was more of a failure. His January transfer window failings cost Spurs a champions league spot and had alot more failings and tactical failures then AVB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

To say that Spurs have no history is just ridiculous. First team to win the Double in the 20th Century, first English team to win a European cup, seven FA Cups, players like Klinsmann, Hoddle, Gasgoigne, Bale, Campbell, Ledley King, Modric, Ardiles, Blanchflower...if you're not trolling, TheDoc, if you're serious, then you're history doesn't serve you well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

markesmith wrote: »
    To say that Spurs have no history is just ridiculous. First team to win the Double in the 20th Century, first English team to win a European cup, seven FA Cups, players like Klinsmann, Hoddle, Gasgoigne, Bale, Campbell, Ledley King, Modric, Ardiles, Blanchflower...if you're not trolling, TheDoc, if you're serious, then you're history doesn't serve you well

And historically one of the top clubs in English football until the Alan Sugar era where clubs like Arsenal put distance between us. If Chelsea and City didnt win the lotto Spurs would have been a stable top 4 side for years now

Playboy wrote: »
    How far back does you football memory go lol? Is it just until oligarchs arrived in the premiership splurging cash on two bob clubs like Chelsea? No history... fck off and learn your facts

I would have assumed it was given by the actual sentence "Champions League".

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2011/clubs/club=1652/history/index.html

One appearance.

I apologise for any fans getting a bit tetchy, I'm not insulting the clubs overall history in the game, I'm specifically talking about the Champions league, which is clearly the minimum target being set for managers of the club under Levy now.

Don't start getting finicky and upset and twisting my words, I clearly said Champions League......where Spurs have had ONE campaign.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

How far back does you football memory go lol? Is it just until oligarchs arrived in the premiership splurging cash on two bob clubs like Chelsea? No history... fck off and learn your facts
    And historically one of the top clubs in English football until the Alan Sugar era where clubs like Arsenal put distance between us. If Chelsea and City didnt win the lotto Spurs would have been a stable top 4 side for years now

You've played in the Champions League once. And on both occassions in the past few seasons where you've advanced to the quarter final stages of European competition you've failed to achieve your league goals in parallel. I fail to see what was inappropriate about AVB's performance in terms of what matters - i.e. results.

You can continue sacking every manager who doesn't quickly establish you as a CL club in swashbuckling style while also being perfect media wise as you wish. It's certainly fine by me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Checked the betting last night and Hoddle is favourite to take over? Am I missing something here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I don't think anyone is belittling that, the point is that relative to others at the top, Liverpool, United & Arsenal, Spurs historical success pales into insignificance.

That's not a put down on Spurs, it just serves to demonstrate how successful the others have been. Five European cups, the invincibles, a treble. You can't compare a double and ledley king to those sort of achievements

Obviously in comparison to city or Chelsea, spurs achievements are a lot more impressive, but both city and Chelsea are an entirely different kettle of fish, given their financing

Checked the betting last night and Hoddle is favourite to take over? Am I missing something here?

He must have been a good manager in a previous life

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

alot of spurs fans wanted avb to succeed. he was young and seemed tactically knowledgeable. but to get hammered by 2 of your rivals and look a complete and utter shambles something had to give and its never the players. after watching them last night they're the embarrassment.for the last 15 minutes west ham looked like they'd score every attack.we're a joke shop. levy so badly wants an arsene wenger.he wants to be the chairman who goes to Japan and gets the guy who gets us challenging on all fronts.but he's failed so far and after him bein in charge for so long maybe someone should start looking at his position.if we carry on playing the way we are it'll be back to the good old noughties of mid table mediocrity.we're a laughing stock and plummeting fast.hoddle the favourite,a club legend and all,is the answer.he hasn't managed in 7 years and levy sacked him once already.its hard to take being a spurs fan these days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Gareth Bale papered over alot of the cracks last season anyways.

Spurs were equally as terrible in alot of games last season as they are now but Bale saved the day on numerous occasions with his magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

djPSB wrote: »
    Gareth Bale papered over alot of the cracks last season anyways.

Spurs were equally as terrible in alot of games last season as they are now but Bale saved the day on numerous occasions with his magic.

+1

There were so many games last season where Spurs struggled to get shots on target or break down stubborn defences only for Bale to pop up with a big of magic. Without him the club wouldn't have been anywhere near 5th. I know this is the same for a lot of teams, but having sold one brilliant player, the new recruits in total have not contributed anywhere near as much as he did.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I would have assumed it was given by the actual sentence "Champions League".

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2011/clubs/club=1652/history/index.html

One appearance.

I apologise for any fans getting a bit tetchy, I'm not insulting the clubs overall history in the game, I'm specifically talking about the Champions league, which is clearly the minimum target being set for managers of the club under Levy now.

Don't start getting finicky and upset and twisting my words, I clearly said Champions League......where Spurs have had ONE campaign.....

You said we have no history or right to be claiming for a champions league and I absolutely disagree. Spurs are the 14th richest club in the world and thats with occupying a 36k stadium. Over the last decade we have finished in and around the top 4 spots nearly every season. We have been the victims of very unfortunate luck with the lasange gate incident where Arsenal clinched 4th on the last day, Chelsea winning the CL and Fulop having a howler for West Brom on the last day of the season against west brom to gift arsenal 3rd. The one season Spurs were in the CL, they played fantastic football and went as far as the last 8... much better than City have done with all their millions the seasons they have been in it. So to say given the long history of club and its standing in English football along with its performance over recent seasons, that we have no history or tradition to expect CL is BS. Yes Spurs havent been as successful as Utd, Arsenal or Pool but that shouldn't mean we shouldn't aim for the top. Pool and Arsenal fans still aim for the title even though United are much bigger and Chelsea and City have far more money.

In respect to AVB, if you watched every Spurs game since he got here you would understand why he has gone. My only issue is that he shouldnt have been given the job in the first place and an adequate replacement should have been lined up to replace him before firing him. Having Sherwood in charge is ridiculous and I totally agree with your other point re Levy. Levy gets far too much praise. His handling of manager appointments and sackings have been terrible, he doesnt back his managers with signings when they need them and he always too focused on doing a good financial deal rather than seeing the bigger picture. And while i admire the financial stability Levy brings or ENIC in general I think Spurs need a new chairman.

You said we have no history or right to be claiming for a champions league and I absolutely disagree. Spurs are the 14th richest club in the world and thats with occupying a 36k stadium.

They maybe the 14th richest in the world, but they're there's 5 richer clubs in England. How does that entitle spurs to finish ahead of the richer clubs?
    Over the last decade we have finished in and around the top 4 spots nearly every season. We have been the victims of very unfortunate luck with the lasange gate incident where Arsenal clinched 4th on the last day, Chelsea winning the CL and Fulop having a howler for West Brom on the last day of the season against west brom to gift arsenal 3rd.

Over the last decade (your sample size), Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal & Man United have finished in the top 4 more often. Why do Spurs feel an entitlement given theres five clubs who are more established in the top 4?

The one season Spurs were in the CL, they played fantastic football and went as far as the last 8... much better than City have done with all their millions the seasons they have been in it.

Spurs got to the last eight once. Again, using your sample size of a decade, there a four other English clubs who have each gotten to the final. Three of them on two occasions, winning it once each. Again, where does Spurs sense of entitlement come from, given again there are four other English clubs that have been more successful
    So to say given the long history of club and its standing in English football along with its performance over recent seasons, that we have no history or tradition to expect CL is BS. .

It is BS. Not because Spurs haven't done well, but because on each point you raise; money, finishing in the top 4 and performance in the CL, there are four, and in some cases five other clubs that can make a stronger argument, and are entitled to make a stronger case for feeling a sense of entitlement to CL football

IMO, there only four clubs who should feel this entitlement; Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal

Appreciate the detailed response PLayboy, look I'd be lying if I said I knew all about Spurs, I don't, I don't follow them.

But my point was specifically about the Champions League, if that didnt come accross explicitly that way, I do apologise. But I still hold my ground on the basis that after one foray into the CL, it should not yet be an expectation they reach it every season. It takes time, and it takes experience. It doesnt happen over a summer

LiamoSail wrote: »
    They maybe the 14th richest in the world, but they're there's 5 richer clubs in England. How does that entitle spurs to finish ahead of the richer clubs?

Over the last decade (your sample size), Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal & Man United have finished in the top 4 more often. Why do Spurs feel an entitlement given theres five clubs who are more established in the top 4?

Spurs got to the last eight once. Again, using your sample size of a decade, there a four other English clubs who have each gotten to the final. Three of them on two occasions, winning it once each. Again, where does Spurs sense of entitlement come from, given again there are four other English clubs that have been more successful

It is BS. Not because Spurs haven't done well, but because on each point you raise; money, finishing in the top 4 and performance in the CL, there are four, and in some cases five other clubs that can make a stronger argument, and are entitled to make a stronger case for feeling a sense of entitlement to CL football

IMO, there only four clubs who should feel this entitlement; Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal

I don't think anyone feels entitled to finish top 4 but it certainly should be the aim. Money doesn't always equal success, just look at Dortmund, Porto etc. Of course Spurs will be at a disadvantage in terms of pure finance but given Liverpool's issues in recent years, arsenals under performance and Chelsea's blip, Spurs were more than capable of securing a top 4 finish.

• Advertisement

I don't think anyone feels entitled to finish top 4 but it certainly should be the aim. Money doesn't always equal success, just look at Dortmund, Porto etc. Of course Spurs will be at a disadvantage in terms of pure finance but given Liverpool's issues in recent years, arsenals under performance and Chelsea's blip, Spurs were more than capable of securing a top 4 finish.

I don't disagree with any of that. My point is simply that for Spurs or Liverpool to finish top 4 represents an achievement. Fifth/sixth should be the expectation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

London clubs like Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea have a massive financial advantage over northern clubs in how they can sell their corporate facilities for a lot larger sums due to being in London and in around richer businessmen in the City etc

As a Liverpool fan I agree about our issues due to the fact we were within a hair of bankruptcy three years ago due to two nice owners. Chelsea are along way ahead in terms of squad depth and continued investment but Spurs in fairness have had a relatively stable boardroom directing the club.

Ten years ago Spurs finished 14th then over the next nine years they came 9, 5, 5, 11, 8, 4, 5, 4, 5 so they have been fairly competitive for the most part of that considering it's a club that's won the league twice and came second four times in their entire history. The goal for Spurs shouldn't be top four, but the goal should be to compete for the top four. It's senseless sacking managers, Redknapp in particular because he finished a hairs width away from getting Champs League for the second time in three seasons. When you look at the competition for the top four you've the traditional big three in Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal and the financial superpowers of Chelsea and Man City so Spurs have punched about their weight a wee bit in the last four seasons for league position.

Everton are an example of a club although not at the top table financially or with the playing squad but through stability they always compete to be only around 10/15 points outside outside the top four. Spurs in the ten year period have gone for the European model with multiple managers like Hoddle, Santini, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, AVB with Comolli, Arnesen and Baldini all but controlling transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Apparently Frank de Boer has been approached, would be an interesting choice, Bergkamp is his current assistant too, not sure if that would go down too well. De Boer did turn down Liverpool so hard to see why he would go to Spurs.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Apparently Frank de Boer has been approached, would be an interesting choice, Bergkamp is his current assistant too, not sure if that would go down too well. De Boer did turn down Liverpool so hard to see why he would go to Spurs.

Would be a good choice imo. No problem with Bergkamp, he is a spurs fan after all :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I don't disagree with any of that. My point is simply that for Spurs or Liverpool to finish top 4 represents an achievement. Fifth/sixth should be the expectation

But its much more fun to expect 4th. Why not set ours sights on the top? There'd be no point in saying at the start of a season, " i hope we get 5th or 6th this year" and then be happy with it when it comes to fruition. If you don't have ambition you might as well give up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

de Boer would be a good choice - London is also more attrative to most foreigners over northern cities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

He turned down a chance to speak to Liverpool . He wasn't ever gauranteed a job . The owners met with Martinez in America and they ended up hiring Rodgers . I would say it was a case of don't approach me unless you are offering a job to me .

Re Spurs on style debate.

Was chatting to a guy today at work, Londoner Spurs fan for almost 50 years. He said Spurs fans want to see the team playing a certain type of football and if a trophy comes along every so often it's a bonus.

I always knew this was the case with Spurs fans over the years but I'm wondering is it an old school mentality or do the younger generation of Spurs fans feel this way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I know in my case I would prefer function over form. Much and all as it's nice to play good football, it's even nicer to win things, or to compete at the top of the table. I would happily take consistently winning games by narrow margins over winning less games and scoring more goals/playing attractive football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

De Boer will not go to Spurs.
    Certainly not mid-season.

He is not in it for the money, he has enough from his playing days.
    This is a guy who spend his summer holidays 3 weeks on a camping, preferably in Holland.

As long as he enjoys what he is doing at Ajax, he ll stay there. And that could be years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

He turned down a chance to speak to Liverpool . He wasn't ever gauranteed a job . The owners met with Martinez in America and they ended up hiring Rodgers . I would say it was a case of don't approach me unless you are offering a job to me .

Not to mention that Rodgers himself initially turned this interview down!

The reports out there at the minute suggest that de Boer will turn it down but for some reason his price keeps tumbling in the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I think this could go on for a while.The Bookies don't seem to have a clue who's going to take it,With prices back and forth all over the place.Usually those markets are far more rigid.
    Rijkaard's came in from nowhere today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2526099/Andre-Villas-Boas-wanted-sign-Hulk-David-Villa-Joao-Moutinho-Spurs-did-not-want-four-seven-summer-signings.html#ixzz2ntmxY4yl
    Andre Villas-Boas did not approve four of Tottenham’s seven summer signings and asked chairman Daniel Levy not to buy them.

Villas-Boas objected to the acquisitions of Erik Lamela, Nacer Chadli, Vlad Chiriches and Christian Eriksen, a quartet who cost Spurs a total of £56million, but his judgment was overruled.

The Portuguese manager asked his chairman to buy Hulk, Joao Moutinho and David Villa as he planned for life without Gareth Bale.

None of these signings materialised and the £110m recruitment drive lies at the heart of a power struggle inside White Hart Lane which culminated in the sacking of Villas-Boas on Monday.

Of Tottenham’s seven recruits, Villas-Boas wanted only Paulinho, Etienne Capoue and Roberto Soldado. The rest were identified by Levy and technical director Franco Baldini.

Although the manager approved of Levy’s decision to appoint a technical director, the relationship between Baldini and Villas-Boas soon disintegrated and the Portuguese was left with players he had not approved.

Villas-Boas was asked, after the Liverpool defeat, if he had chosen all seven signings and while he resisted the temptation to make his point, his hesitation spoke more loudly than words about the communication breakdown. A few hours later he was clearing his desk.

Its more the failures of Levy & Baldini if this report is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Dempsey wrote: »

Reports from who Villas Boas agent?

What a load of rubbish, he asked for a DOF to be brought to spurs and now its being "reported" he didn't want the players he brought in.

"Andre Villas-Boas gave Franco Baldini the green light over summer transfers, claims Tottenham coach Les Ferdinand"

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/andre-villasboas-gave-franco-baldini-the-green-light-over-summer-transfers-claims-tottenham-coach-les-ferdinand-9015317.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What a load of rubbish, he asked for a DOF to be brought to spurs and now its being "reported" he didn't want the players he brought in.

"Andre Villas-Boas gave Franco Baldini the green light over summer transfers, claims Tottenham coach Les Ferdinand"

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/andre-villasboas-gave-franco-baldini-the-green-light-over-summer-transfers-claims-tottenham-coach-les-ferdinand-9015317.html

Ferdinand is hardly going to say anything else when he is employed by Spurs.

I think it was common knowledge that Baldini was taking all the credit for the signing of these players at the time.

• Advertisement

Whats Les Ferdinand suppose to say in public if he's employed by Spurs and looking to work with Levy & Baldini on the first team?

Whats Les Ferdinand suppose to say in public if he's suppose to work under Levy & Baldini?

So he's lying?

You believe the anonymous source at the daily mail though ya?

So he's lying?

You believe the anonymous source at the daily mail though ya?

He's hardly impartial, is he? If he criticises them, he'll lose his current job, never mind be in with a shout to get the job he wants!

I believe there is substance to the claim tbh, I believed it before AVB was sacked.

He's hardly impartial, is he? If he criticises them, he'll loose his current job, never mind be in with a shout to get the job he wants!

I believe there is substance to the claim tbh, I believed it before AVB was sacked.

You do know VB's asked for a DOF to be brought in to get him players yes?

Ferdinand is gonna look like a fool when VB's come out in a few days and calls him a liar wont he?

You don't think Ferdinand would know this if he lied about what happened?

“From speaking to AVB, I understand he was happy that the players came to the club.”

The only liar here I think is the unnamed source, funny neither VB or his agent are saying this.

Let's see if VB comes out soon and calls Ferdinand a liar, somehow I don't think he will.

You do know VB's asked for a DOF to be brought in to get him players yes?

Ferdinand is gonna look like a fool when VB's come out in a few days and calls him a liar wont he?

You don't think Ferdinand would know this if he lied about what happened?

“From speaking to AVB, I understand he was happy that the players came to the club.”

The only liar here I think is the unnamed source, funny neither VB or his agent are saying this.

Let's see if VB comes out soon and calls Ferdinand a liar, somehow I don't think he will.

You do realise that a DOF works for the club, not for the manager? AVB asked for it so his workload as a manager can be reduced and his focus can be more on the coaching. Him asking for a DOF doesnt negate the risk of disagreements between DOF and Manager or between CEO & DOF and Manager. You have deluded yourself into thinking there couldnt possibly be any problems because AVB wanted a DOF to reduce his workload.

Was Ferdinand one of AVB most closest confidants as White Hart Lane? Maybe AVB will use the media to give his account of things, maybe he wont. Maybe he's bound by confidentiality clauses. Can you say for definite that he isnt bound by a confidentiality clause to make the assumption you've made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Re Spurs on style debate.

Was chatting to a guy today at work, Londoner Spurs fan for almost 50 years. He said Spurs fans want to see the team playing a certain type of football and if a trophy comes along every so often it's a bonus.

I always knew this was the case with Spurs fans over the years but I'm wondering is it an old school mentality or do the younger generation of Spurs fans feel this way?

Sounds like Spurs fans should go support Arsenal... How do I delete my account :P

You do realise that a DOF works for the club, not for the manager? AVB asked for it so his workload as a manager can be reduced and his focus can be more on the coaching. Him asking for a DOF doesnt negate the risk of disagreements between DOF and Manager or between CEO & DOF and Manager. You have deluded yourself into thinking there couldnt possibly be any problems because AVB wanted a DOF to reduce his workload.

Was Ferdinand one of AVB most closest confidants as White Hart Lane? Maybe AVB will use the media to give his account of things, maybe he wont. Maybe he's bound by confidentiality clauses. Can you say for definite that he isnt bound by a confidentiality clause to make the assumption you've made?

Daily Mail sources, imaginary confidentiality clause and your hunches and I'm deluded?

I believe Ferdinand until VB calls him a liar assuming there no super secret confidentiality clause of course.

"Was Ferdinand one of AVB most closest confidants as White Hart Lane?"

You tell me, you seem to know more than Ferdinand and he works at the club.

Daily Mail sources, imaginary confidentiality clause and your hunches and I'm deluded?

I believe Ferdinand until VB calls him a liar assuming there no super secret confidentiality clause of course.

"Was Ferdinand one of AVB most closest confidants as White Hart Lane?"

You tell me, you seem to know more than Ferdinand and he works at the club.

You do realise I said
    Its more the failures of Levy & Baldini if this report is true.

Learn to read.

People sign confidentiality clauses all the time, its usually a condition to their severance package. There is quite a high possibility that he signed one.

You are very quick to believe an employee at the club. Never mind one thats looking for a promotion. You go ahead and believe him, nobody is stopping you. I'll make my own judgement.

You do realise I said

Learn to read.

People sign confidentiality clauses all the time, its usually a condition to their severance package. There is quite a high possibility that he signed one.

You are very quick to believe an employee at the club. Never mind one thats looking for a promotion. You go ahead and believe him, nobody is stopping you. I'll make my own judgement.

If the reports are true and if Ferdinand is lying and if there is a confidentiality clause.

I will believe him no reason not too beside your conspiracy theory.

To use your words deluded.

• Advertisement

If the reports are true and if Ferdinand is lying and if there is a confidentiality clause.

I will believe him no reason not too beside your conspiracy theory.

To use your words deluded.

Why are you getting upset that someone thinks Ferdinand is posturing for a job? You go ahead and believe the company man that knows what side his bread is buttered. I'll keep my reservations.

There is no conspiracy theory regarding confidentiality clauses, sounds like you dont have a clue about them and their use in the industry.

Why are you getting upset that someone thinks Ferdinand is posturing for a job? You go ahead and believe the company man that knows what side his bread is buttered. I'll keep my reservations.

There is no conspiracy theory regarding confidentiality clauses, sounds like you dont have a clue about them and their use in the industry.

Are you related to AVB or is it just Ferdinand you have a problem with?

Posturing for a job, company man, do you think its possible he's just telling the truth?

Maybe the daily mail sources might snag us some info on AVB's confidentiality clause.

As I said sounds like you know more than most including Ferdinand, you must play a lot of football manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Posturing for a job, company man, do you think its possible he's just telling the truth?

Maybe the daily mail sources might snag us some info on AVB's confidentiality clause.

As I said sounds like you know more than most including Ferdinand, you must play a lot of football manager.

Jesus, cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

terribly childish

terribly childish

If this isn't an intentional pun, it's the greatest pun ever.

CSF wrote: »
    Jesus, cringe.

You ok CSF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

If this isn't an intentional pun, it's the greatest pun ever.

It was an intentional pun, Cheap shot I'm afraid

You ok CSF?

Got sick a little in my mouth, but nothing a nice glass of apple juice can't fix, you?

It was an intentional pun, Cheap shot I'm afraid

Not bad nonetheless.

Got sick a little in my mouth, but nothing a nice glass of apple juice can't fix, you?

Try getting off the PC once in a while, you'll be grand.

Why are you getting so wound up? Its really funny tbh

Ferdinand wasnt going to say anything else given his position at the club and the fact that he's also looking to get a promotion. What someone in his position has to say is taken with a pinch of salt imo.

You seem very excited about the idea of confidentiality clauses. You do realise that they are used in many industries including football?

As I keep saying, you go ahead and believe what you like.

As for football manager, stopped playing that a long time ago. Too time consuming & very poor AI. I fail to see how football manager has anything to do with this though. Thats a game, this is reality. Are you trying to make the accusation of playing too much football manager the Godwin's Law of football forums?

• Advertisement
Advertisement