Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My hair is ORANGE. HELP!

• 16-12-2013 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

So, after taking almost a full year's break from all hair dyes, I used the L'Oreal Ombre kit yesterday. Long story short, my hair is orange now from ears down :mad:

What shall I do? My hair is still in quite good condition. For reference, I am a dark brunette. I used bleach in the past and actually achieved platinum blonde in one go. How can I fix this hideousness? HELP!:(

Update: I have a purple shampoo and it didn't work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

I'm not sure if I'm of any help, but when it happened to me I just dyed over it with a brown dye. It done the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Can you post up a picture?

It could be orange because the dye wasn't left on long enough and didn't 'lift' enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Can you post up a picture?

It could be orange because the dye wasn't left on long enough and didn't 'lift' enough.

I think this is it. The longest recommended process time was 45 mins. I left it on about an hour. I could have left it longer but I didn't want to risk damage.

I'll probably wear my hair in a bun/ponytail for a few weeks and then re-bleach. Or I may use an ash blonde dye to get rid of the brassiness.

And finally, I know ombre is not "the thing" any more (I like the gradual ombre look whether it's in or not). But if you're still interested, I rather rec using straight up bleach, instead of this L'Oreal kit. I achieved both a dip dye and a gradual ombre by just using bleach, without any orange mess/brassiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Crisis averted with ash blonde dye :) It neutralised all brassy tones.

Advertisement