Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would Spurs supporters like to see as the next manager?

Options
  • 16-12-2013 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭

So Levy's pulled the trigger on AVB rightly or wrongly, who now will Levy and Baldeni turn to as the next Spurs manager? I just hope it's not Capello!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Create a poll. (not quite sure how you do that, but anyway)

Hoddle
    Capello
    Harry Redknapp
    Klinsmann
    Laudrup
    Di Matteo
    Martinez
    Clarke
    Baldini
    Jol
    Mancini
    DeBoer
    Hiddink
    Sherwood/Freund
    Pleat - (can't have a vacancy without Pleat been in the mix)

Who else is linked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

If Hoddle is appointed does that mean we all must have done something terrible in a former life?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I can stick a poll up the problem is there are so many names of managers who could take the job it would be one large fecking poll! Lets give it a day to see who are the most likely candidates being mentioned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

The only one for me would have to be Frank Rijkaard he's out of work at the minute and plays an exciting brand of football..if not him Hiddink but i cant see that one happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

This is a thread dedicated to who we think the new manager will be.... there's a lot of other opinions going around in various other threads. Thought we might like to keep it in the one place.

I think the changing odds is really interesting, it's a market moved by rumour.

Capello was 6/4 earlier, he's now drifted out to 2/1.

I've had my eye on Frank DeBoer, he was at 16/1 earlier, at 8/1 now. There's a Twitter rumour going around that we are already talking to him. Apparently it's from the same Spanish source that said AVB was sacked last night.

• Advertisement

Skybet have Capello out to 5/1, with Laudrup favourite at 3/1.

Mods, I've just seen the other thread. You can delete this one.

I think the changing odds is really interesting, it's a market moved by rumour.

Capello was 6/4 earlier, he's now drifted out to 2/1.

I've had my eye on Frank DeBoer, he was at 16/1 earlier, at 8/1 now. There's a Twitter rumour going around that we are already talking to him. Apparently it's from the same Spanish source that said AVB was sacked last night.

I'd like Rikjaard or Frank De Boer.

I'd be very concerned if we went for an interim 'until the end of the season' appointment. We need leadership!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Id imagine I am totally alone on this one but I'd actually take Hoddle, at least as intern manager. I don't want Capello.

• Advertisement

Yes if Levy is smart he already has someone lined up I mean it's coming into the busy xmas period it would be crazy to go with an interim manager until the end of season! I'd like DeBoer Rikjaard or Hiddink!

Yes if Levy is smart he already has someone lined up I mean it's coming into the busy xmas period it would be crazy to go with an interim manager until the end of season! I'd like DeBoer Rikjaard or Hiddink!

Hiddink's agent said publically that Hiddink is not in consideration and doesn't want the job.

Was Hoddle sacked by Levy or did he leave for the England job?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Hiddink's agent said publically that Hiddink is not in consideration and doesn't want the job.

So we can expect him to sign papers before the end of the day?

Here's the AS reports on Capello and FDB....

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2013/12/16/5215748/tottenham-hotspur-de-boer-capello-avb-manager

The Spanish translates as....
    Tottenham already negotiating with two technicians to replace the Portuguese as his dismissal becomes official. Both, however, have jobs. One is Fabio Capello, current coach of Russia, who also directed the English team but has never coached in the Premiership. The other is Frank De Boer, who is doing a respectable job at Ajax.

Just pulled this off google, written about 10 days ago before the more recent result(s)

Hoddle guided Spurs to 41 wins, 18 draws and 45 defeats.

Villas-Boas has also masterminded 41 wins for Spurs, but the Portuguese has been in charge for just 76 matches, 15 of which have been defeats.

I think that puts an end to the Hoddle argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

Mancini - has won the title with City & and knows the PL well?

**hides behind office chair**

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

Was Hoddle sacked by Levy or did he leave for the England job?

Sacked. Hoddle is not the answer - step backwards IMO.

would take Mancini in a heartbeat!

Yeah but I really don't want Mancini or Capello or any other Italian manager! Can't see it being a Spanish manager after the Ramos failure, Jurgen maybe? Not sure if he would stick around with a DOF!

• Advertisement

I think that puts an end to the Hoddle argument.

I was this on Twitter and it game me a chuckle. This is how we'd look if Hoddle was in charge....

BbnKdqCIcAAaUNQ.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Thats for the city game.

Id replace Dawson with Kaboul if fit
    Buy a proper left back
    Eriksen for Townsend
    Lamella for Defoe.

Sell Defoe and Townsend, Adebayor Naughton in Jan and buy another striker. Lavezzi from PSG would be my choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Ferguson's available :)

I'd beg Harry for forgiveness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Seems like a touch of deja vu for Harry, very similar to his Portsmouth situation, I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
    Glenn Hoddle was my childhood hero and for that alone I wouldn't have a problem with seeing what he could do till the end of the season, it's certainly not judging like with like comparing his results with AVB's.
    DeBoer would be my first choice from who I've seen mentioned, Capello and Benitez bottom of my list.

Does it really matter? Met the new boss, same as the old boss. We'll never be more that top 4 hopefuls in the current set up.

Zola has just resigned as manager of Watford

He resigned because Watford are doing so poorly in the Championship. Also, his win percentage with West Ham was about 28%. Hardly a CV Levy would look at twice.

West Brom job perhaps?

*phew*

. Also, his win percentage with West Ham was about 28%.

About the same as Hoddle's during his stint then ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Southampton manager Pochettino,he'd be my choice for the job.

Advertisement