Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biffy Clyro Irish Dates 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

aaabbbb wrote: »
    But it will be wet ! Soggy converse are not nice ! If only I didn't loose my docs :(

What time does everyone think would be a good time to get there if you want to get reasonably close to the front ?

Would around 3/4 ish be ok ?

I thought ya meant the marquee gig. Nice and dry for tonight now, gonna be a smashing gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

If you wanna be at the barrier then yea id say 4 but if you want to be close to the front id say once you are in before the end of Little Matador. I can see lot of people being in before ymas .

Im aiming to be there about 5:30/6 cause i really wanna see Little Matador

Definitely want to see little matador I'm not familiar with them but I've heard good things and being at the bar would be ideal given my height challenges :o
    Mushy wrote: »
    I thought ya meant the marquee gig. Nice and dry for tonight now, gonna be a smashing gig!

Nah Dublin !:)

Yeah lucky bastards it better not pour tomorrow ! Enjoy the show ! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well today was a decent day , bit of rain earlier but from about 5 or 6 the sun was out in full swing . At least the ground should be good for tomorrow even if it rains

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

The weather really shouldn't be much of a problem tomorrow. Im excited to wild out in a field with my friends and strangers to my favourite band again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

I've finally become "one of them" - Camera phones are definitely ruining gigs. Put your phone away, bounce around, and mosh with me, it's not like you'll ever watch the whole gig again!! :p

I was a good bit back tonight unfortunately, no one around me seemed too interested, seriously jealous of anyone closer to the front, looked mental.

That being said, Biffy were class. Bit short of a setlist though.

• Advertisement

MacBizzle wrote: »
    I've finally become "one of them" - Camera phones are definitely ruining gigs. Put your phone away, bounce around, and mosh with me, it's not like you'll ever watch the whole gig again!! :p

I was a good bit back tonight unfortunately, no one around me seemed too interested, seriously jealous of anyone closer to the front, looked mental.

That being said, Biffy were class. Bit short of a setlist though.

Was the setlist like the Isle of Wight setlist? Pretty much all the singles

Was the setlist like the Isle of Wight setlist? Pretty much all the singles

Yep, I'm not a massive fan so there were a few I didn't know (presumably) from their older albums. There was no Saturday Superhouse though :(

It was only singles from Only Revolutions they played, except for Whorses I think, was looking forward to Boooom, Blast & Ruin but they didn't play it. :(

Only about 15 songs were played I'd say.

MacBizzle wrote: »
    Yep, I'm not a massive fan so there were a few I didn't know (presumably) from their older albums. There was no Saturday Superhouse though :(

It was only singles from Only Revolutions they played, except for Whorses I think, was looking forward to Boooom, Blast & Ruin but they didn't play it. :(

Only about 15 songs were played I'd say.

Fingers crossed for a longer set . Do love me some Saturday Superhouse

Fingers crossed for a longer set . Do love me some Saturday Superhouse

They had to finish up at half 10 tonight and only started at 9:10ish I think, fairly understandable that it was short enough tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good gig tonight would of loved to hear Saturday Superhouse

Was in block b and the sound was not really that clear and you could barley make out the lyrics

• Advertisement

Hero Management and Questions & Answers...unreal live band! Great start to holidays to tick them off the bucket list.

Simon like Khal Drogo at the start was gas too. Fairly flawless performance. I held my phone up, Im sorry people. Were phone calls tho so black screen.

Mushy wrote: »
    Hero Management and Questions & Answers...unreal live band! Great start to holidays to tick them off the bucket list.

Simon like Khal Drogo at the start was gas too. Fairly flawless performance. I held my phone up, Im sorry people. Were phone calls tho so black screen.

You never see them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Short? They were on at nine sharp and finished at 10.30. Played hero management, questions and answers, accident without emergency and one other I can't remember that was not on recent setlist. About 20 songs in total - about size of their normal setlist. No victory over the sun though or just boy but there's always tonight

You never see them before?

Sorry I meant those songs. 7th time seeing them, next week will be 8th.

Lack of Justboy was certainly made up for I think, still buzzing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

On the way up on the train now, does not look like a lot of kids know this is a over 18's gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

If they play 57 tonight, I will lose my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Are there any bars i the area to head before hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

spodoinkle wrote: »
    Are there any bars i the area to head before hand?
    Murray's is about 100m beyond the gates to IMMA/Royal Hospital. Otherwise you're looking at places on Thomas Street or near Heuston station depending on which way you're coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

On the bus now eeekkk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Woof80

I have two free tickets for Billy tonight that I don't want to go to waste. I'm in the Camden st area for the next couple of hours. Can I even post this here? Any takers? Only rule.....don't want them to be sold on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Woof80 wrote: »
    I have two free tickets for Billy tonight that I don't want to go to waste. I'm in the Camden st area for the next couple of hours. Can I even post this here? Any takers? Only rule.....don't want them to be sold on!

ill take them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Woof80

useded wrote: »
    ill take them :D

Pm'd u my number!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Pious14 wrote: »
    Short? They were on at nine sharp and finished at 10.30. Played hero management, questions and answers, accident without emergency and one other I can't remember that was not on recent setlist. About 20 songs in total - about size of their normal setlist. No victory over the sun though or just boy but there's always tonight

Shorter set than any of the previous four times I've seen them, I reckon. (Other two being a festival set, and the first time I saw them... the previous time they were in Cork!) Frex, last year at the O2, 26 songs.

I kinda missed Justboy too, but to be fair, it's literally the first time I've seen them when they haven't played it. So given the clearly very limited number of "oldies slots", no harm to have some variation therein. (Obviously "more oldies" would be the ideal option.)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭howman

Sound quality in the marquee last night was nothing short of pathetic, first 3 songs vocals were lost in haze of noise and not the good sort...vocals got sorted after that but instrument sound quality was poor....drums dominated everything....band gave it everything and enjoyed it for what it was

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tonight besides Simon singing you could not make out a word he was saying, says a lot for the crowd when Questions and Answers came on and I was the only one singing and they nailed the song, shame as I was hoping for more from the first 3 albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Xenji wrote: »
    Tonight besides Simon singing you could not make out a word he was saying, says a lot for the crowd when Questions and Answers came on and I was the only one singing and they nailed the song, shame as I was hoping for more from the first 3 albums.

I wouldn't say you were the only one :P kind of underwhelmed by it to be honest. They treated it as a festival set which I didn't expect from a headline outdoor show. Bit pricy for a 20 song show I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

First time seeing them so can't compare to other gigs but thought they were top-notch.

I'm a big fan of the venue & overall set-up, hopefully MCD use RHK again next year for a few gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Unreal gig in dublin but defo felt too short at 1.5 hours im sure green day played for 2+ the last time they played marley park

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Xenji wrote: »

I think the sound quality depends where you were standing - I could hear him clearly when he was talking (except when the eejits behind me started screaming nonsense at the same time). Strange crowd alright, much more diverse than I expected. There seemed to be pockets of diehard fans mixed with people who only knew them from the radio.

I really enjoyed it anyway, they're an incredible live band! :)

• Advertisement

Yea i thought the sound for the vocals wasnt great when Simon was talking . Couldnt really understand what any of them were saying after Mountains.

You Me At Six were good but from where i was there were very few people who were there to see them (apart from my friend and his friend who love them).

Biffy were on top form as usual and couldnt really fault anything , Dont see why people are complaining about a short set since the average set time for bands is 90 mins.

The stage times were wrong for Little Matador since it said 6:30 or 6:45 but when i got in to the venue about half 6 they were nearly over but i really enjoyed what i heard

Advertisement