Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biffy Clyro Irish Dates 2014

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

You Me At Six were good but from where i was there were very few people who were there to see them (apart from my friend and his friend who love them).

That was probably the best I've seen You Me At Six performance-wise but the setlist wasn't great. Seven(?) songs from the new album in a 45min set & hardly any of their crowd-favourites. I know they're promoting the new album but when you're playing a short support set to a crowd who don't know you very well, you really should throw in some older singles that people may recognise. Underdog & Reckless were great though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

spodoinkle wrote: »
    Unreal gig in dublin but defo felt too short at 1.5 hours im sure green day played for 2+ the last time they played marley park

GD always play 2 and half +
    One and a half is standard though

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Good gig and great band live. Time absolutely flew by and I was really hoping for more but enjoyed what we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Shorter set than any of the previous four times I've seen them, I reckon. (Other two being a festival set, and the first time I saw them... the previous time they were in Cork!) Frex, last year at the O2, 26 songs.

I kinda missed Justboy too, but to be fair, it's literally the first time I've seen them when they haven't played it. So given the clearly very limited number of "oldies slots", no harm to have some variation therein. (Obviously "more oldies" would be the ideal option.)

They did play Justboy?

EDIT: I see you meant the Cork gig. Nevermind. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Duff wrote: »
    They did play Justboy?

Think he meant at the Cork gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Duff wrote: »
    They did play Justboy?

EDIT: I see you meant the Cork gig. Nevermind. :P

Sorry, could have been clearer about that, given that discussion of the two was already all jumbled up. But to be fair, I did post before they'd played Dublin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Xenji wrote: »
    Tonight besides Simon singing you could not make out a word he was saying, says a lot for the crowd when Questions and Answers came on and I was the only one singing and they nailed the song, shame as I was hoping for more from the first 3 albums.
    MacBizzle wrote: »
    I was a good bit back tonight unfortunately, no one around me seemed too interested, seriously jealous of anyone closer to the front, looked mental.

I was pretty close to the front (at the Marquee), but way off to House Left (due to deciding I couldn't be arsed with the supports, especially the "main" one, and then having something of a transport disaster so that I actually missed the first two songs). I'd say the "lively" area of the crowd was pretty small, and just front and centre. No-one around me really singing along much, or dancing especially energetically. Wasn't feeling quite shameless enough to shove my way further in, though.

I found the sound quality rather variable, too, though I don't think I was in a great spot for it. But the "oldies" all got totally nailed, I have to agree. Didn't immediately realize this must have been my first time hearing them play Q&A live! Assuming setlist.fm isn't telling me lies.

Advertisement