Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BDO world championship 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

munster87 wrote: »
    Bunting finishing with a 100 plus average. Hasn't happened in the BDO for 9 years when Barney did so in the second round.

Incorrect.

Fitton had a 100.71 in 2008 in the second round.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

wheres co stompe this year?, the tram driver from amsterdam, did he not qualify? i miss his unique throwing style.

He's been in the PDC for years.

Didn't qualify for their worlds this year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

sc86 wrote: »
    they said the record is 105 in bdo
    who done that?
    Not the best source. Taken from wiki
    Highest one-match averages:

103.83 Raymond van Barneveld (2004, Quarter-Final) v John Walton
    102.63 Dennis Priestley (1993, 1st Round) v Jocky Wilson
    101.67 Mervyn King (2002, Quarter-Final) v Raymond Barneveld
    101.55 Ted Hankey (1998, 1st Round) v Wayne Weening
    101.40 Marko Pusa (2001, 2nd Round) v Jez Porter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It annoys the hell out of me that they have the big games on during the afternoon when most people are in work! Idiotic decision. I didn't see a single dart thrown today.

Same here, haven't managed to catch much of the tournament this year as some of the weaker matches are on in the evening instead. And then the highlights are on late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Same here, haven't managed to catch much of the tournament this year as some of the weaker matches are on in the evening instead. And then the highlights are on late.

You should email them and complain that the schedule should be changed to suit your working patterns.

Or call Joe Duffy

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

DuckHook wrote: »
    You should email them and complain that the schedule should be changed to suit your working patterns.

Or call Joe Duffy

;)

the only other option is a switch to the PDC!

De Vos splits 18 with Dekker waiting on 52.

Went 10, double 4 and missed the 2 at the double.

My god that is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

That woman's game was a cracker of a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Or call Joe Duffy

;)

PDC seem to be capable of only having afternoon matches on the weekends.

• Advertisement

ebbsy wrote: »

They increased the number of players this year so no real choice I suppose. What's the pdc got to do with anything? I don't get the continual comparison to all things pdc it's comparing apples to oranges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

They increased the number of players this year so no real choice I suppose. What's the pdc got to do with anything? I don't get the continual comparison to all things pdc it's comparing apples to oranges.
    It's stupid having the big matches on when most people aren't around to see them. There's no real arguing that point. Why so defensive about it?
    Of course the comparison is going to be made with the PDC when they manage to work around their audience.

Is there any reason it can't be shown on BBC3 or BBC4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Not going to pretend to know what I'm talking about, but this is an amazing match between Tony Eccles and Robbie Green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

squadro wrote: »
    wheres co stompe this year?, the tram driver from amsterdam, did he not qualify? i miss his unique throwing style.

It's just been announced that he's joining the BDO again.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

It's just been announced that he's joining the BDO again.
    woo hoo:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

ebbsy wrote: »

yes because it normally suites the audience to have evening games on weekdays only, which is probably what the bdo should be doing to promote there brand , there tv coverage is limited enough as it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Get in there Kong ya legend!

this dutch guy looked good last night before his game was cut short could give bunting a right scare here

Could someone please explain these players going for bull on an 82 shot with 2 darts in their hand. Stupidity to say the least.

AndyP wrote: »
    Could someone please explain these players going for bull on an 82 shot with 2 darts in their hand. Stupidity to say the least.

50 leaves double 16, i know it dose sound strange though

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »
    De Vos splits 18 with Dekker waiting on 52.

Went 10, double 4 and missed the 2 at the double.

My god that is ridiculous.

What Bunting just done was worse, ur man sitting on a double to win set and Bunting with 2 darts in hand to win set goes for a 2 and double 4, instead of 2 darts at double 5:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

What channel is this on?

BigCon wrote: »
    What channel is this on?

the bbc red button

fine checkout by hofstra he has only lost one set in the entire competition ......the last set, wonder how he will cope after the break if he loses this set

50 leaves double 16, i know it dose sound strange though

Treble 14 is a much bigger target and that leaves tops. 82 with 3 darts, bull is right, with 2 its a stupid shot.

AndyP wrote: »
    Treble 14 is a much bigger target and that leaves tops. 82 with 3 darts, bull is right, with 2 its a stupid shot.

agreed its nonsense he also goes for "2" double 4 when left with a "10" checkout.

there are many players in the pdc that would murder him for it infact its getting him caught out here as it is

It's stupid having the big matches on when most people aren't around to see them. There's no real arguing that point. Why so defensive about it?
    Of course the comparison is going to be made with the PDC when they manage to work around their audience.

Is there any reason it can't be shown on BBC3 or BBC4?

Not trying to appear defensive, it's just a different setup and we are spoiled by the pdc being on a dedicated sports channel. The bdo simply isn't as professionally run as the pdc and I'm not informed as to the Telly deal but would imagine they have to operate within the slots the beeb give them.

I like the bdo and don't see the need to compare the two continually and try just take it for what it is...warts and all (I'm looking at you Montgomery).

Anyways...c'mon bunting ya bugger.

i dont see bunting beating kong on this performance its going to be very hard for him to win it anyway with so many players on top form the likes of kong/norris/adams and willson i wouldnt like to have had an odds on bet on him from the start

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

i dont see bunting beating kong on this performance its going to be very hard for him to win it anyway with so many players on top form the likes of kong/norris/adams and willson i wouldnt like to have had an odds on bet on him from the start

on bunting myself at 2s with boyles before the off. 13/8 after rd 1.

• Advertisement

Not trying to appear defensive, it's just a different setup and we are spoiled by the pdc being on a dedicated sports channel. The bdo simply isn't as professionally run as the pdc and I'm not informed as to the Telly deal but would imagine they have to operate within the slots the beeb give them.

I like the bdo and don't see the need to compare the two continually and try just take it for what it is...warts and all (I'm looking at you Montgomery).

Anyways...c'mon bunting ya bugger.
    Just looking at the BBC3 and 4 listings and it's all repeated crap from years ago, Top of the pops 1979 ffs. Surely they could use one of those channels in the evening to show the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

bunting will beat kong
    kong was not great tonight bar 3 big checkouts
    he sh1t himself the last 2 sets for fear he might win

bunting will beat kong
    kong was not great tonight bar 3 big checkouts
    he sh1t himself the last 2 sets for fear he might win

fair enough but look at the other side of the draw , alan norris is on fire as is martin adams and james wilson beat bunting in the zuiderduin masters 5-1 before christmas . i dont think he is value as clear cut favorite on his form and on everyone else's

look at who the other guys have played?
    who else in bdo can do 100 percent average and 67 percent on doubles?
    its his to loose, he won everything this year
    wilson was good in first round, awfull in second

look at who the other guys have played?
    who else in bdo can do 100 percent average and 67 percent on doubles?
    its his to loose, he won everything this year
    wilson was good in first round, awfull in second

What was his average tonight and percentage on doubles?

He was pulling badly going for doubles tonight, I wouldn't be backing him heavily after watching him tonight anyhow, it's anybodies now.

they were prob same as rest of field have been ha!

• Advertisement

shiibata wrote: »
    What Bunting just done was worse, ur man sitting on a double to win set and Bunting with 2 darts in hand to win set goes for a 2 and double 4, instead of 2 darts at double 5:eek:

Didn't see it but heard about it.
    Scandalous carry on for the number one in the world to be doing.

I think it's open at the moment.
    If Bunting can repeat his 100 average he will win easy but he won't play to that level again probably.

Sneaky feeling Adams experience might count for a lot in the latter stages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

mdwexford wrote: »
    Didn't see it but heard about it.
    Scandalous carry on for the number one in the world to be doing.

I think it's open at the moment.
    If Bunting can repeat his 100 average he will win easy but he won't play to that level again probably.

Sneaky feeling Adams experience might count for a lot in the latter stages.

Thought green shat himself wen throwing to win match earlier.. No chance to win it out IMO.. On bunt from outset . Very disappointed with his display earlier.. Too much talk of it's his to lose bull.. Hopefully this match will buck him back up a bit where he needs to be if he's going to win it .. Wilson has been playing brill lately but again very dodgy earlier and think he has it all to do tomorrow to win that match let alone win it out. Adams is sneaking along nicely and is type of plodder to do it given his experience and style... Bunt back out to evens says it up for grabs .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think if we get Adams/Norris alongside Green/Bunting then we're in for a cracking weekend with four players who are equally capable of winning. Let's just hope it doesn't disappoint with Wolfie holding the trophy on Sunday.

the thoughts of adams winning oh lord!!

Norris at 11/1 on Betfair to win it outright looks a decent enough shout.

• Advertisement

Norris at 11/1 on Betfair to win it outright looks a decent enough shout.

7/4 for him to beat wilson is a massive price. looking at his side of the draw i wouldnt give adams or dekker a hope of beating him..

im jumping on the 7/4 and 11/1 looks great value.

7/4 for him to beat wilson is a massive price. looking at his side of the draw i wouldnt give adams or dekker a hope of beating him..

im jumping on the 7/4 and 11/1 looks great value.
    Looks too good to pass up for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Great game here with the women. Hopefully they will be finished this leg before the Angelus

Put a fiver on Robbie Green each way at the start. If he wins, it might just about cover the fiver here and tenner there that slipped through my fingers as both the PDC and these BDO worlds progressed. It's not been good...

Adams's doubling is atrocious. He could easily be winning this.

2 sore legs on Dekker there...

Fair play to Dekker, some comeback in that set after the first 2 legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

At least adams wont have to refuse the invitation to the Grand slam this year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Just seen on the twitter machine, Kist after making the move over...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Cracking match thus far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement