Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to reach waterford regional hospital

Options
  • 16-12-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have to arrive 10 AM at Waterford Regional Hospital,Dunmore Road, Waterford. I am living in Tallaght, Dublin 24.
    What's the best way to reach there on time from Dublin? I don't have car.

Thanks everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭biddy21

prob best to get the train to waterford and then to get a taxi out from there. It is a good step out from the city. It will prob take you 20 mins to get out there from the train station in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks.
    Approx. How much can be the taxi one way?
    biddy21 wrote: »
    prob best to get the train to waterford and then to get a taxi out from there. It is a good step out from the city. It will prob take you 20 mins to get out there from the train station in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭biddy21

not sure, but i would imagine it wouldnt be anymore than ten euro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

There's a bus service that go to and from the quay (which is just across the bridge outside train station) to the hospital Gates , may not be ideal for get there in the morning but could save you a few euros getting back ,will drop you at Bridge hotel just 5 min walk (over the bridge) to station .

• Registered Users Posts: 78,364 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Train from Heuston Station at 07:25, arrive 09:40. Walk across bridge. Then bus route 605 (Bus Éireann), 607 or 617 (both operated by Kenneallys) to the Hospital. It is very tight.

Phone them, explain you have to travel and ask how much flexibility there is in the timing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Check out http://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie

There's no realistic solution until arrival just AFTER 10am.

I guess I have to ask them to make the appointment for 11 AM, instead of 10 AM.

is there any bus that I can take from St. John’s (Parnell Sreet) to Waterford hospital please?

Route 605 from John Street (Woodman Bar). Route 607 or 627 from Lombard Street.

www.a-b.ie

Are there taxis available at waterford train station? or do I have to call a taxi service?

many thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Taxis readily available at Train Station

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Are there taxis available at waterford train station? or do I have to call a taxi service?

many thanks!

you'll be tripping over them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Train and taxi is best. If you were making a regular trip of it, then you'd be best off getting to know the buses. However if it's a one-off, you'd be better off spending the few extra euros and taking the stress out of it.

On the way back, when time pressure is less, you can just ask people which is the best bus to get. There's one for Bus Éireann (605?) in the hospital grounds and one straight across the road for Kenneally's (617?).

Alternatively, you could walk back to the station. That's assuming you like walking, it's a nice day, you don't have luggage, and the weather permits.

Big assumptions I know, but I live right by the hospital and find the walk into town a pleasure. Just turn right out of the hospital and follow the main road in, bearing right at every main junction you come to. You can follow the waterfront the whole length of the Quay, which is quite nice. It should take about 35-40 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

If you're really stuck and cant afford the taxi (around 10 Euro) i could nip out of work and give you a lift out. I'm assuming its a job interview? You need the trian to be on time though to make it for 10.

thanks, you guys are the best.

Jerry Seinfeld: yes its interview at Waterford regional hospital, thanks for the offer, you're very kind. 10 euro is fine, I will take taxi from train station to the hospital. And take bus to go back to train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

No bother the offer still stands until 5 p.m this evening :P

When you see the river be up and ready to get off the train sharpish, start of taxi drive down the quay might be slow but when you get out on the dunmore road it will move fine with the school rush gone and the town traffic going the opposite direction.

Good luck with the interview :D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

If you're really stuck and cant afford the taxi (around 10 Euro) i could nip out of work and give you a lift out. I'm assuming its a job interview? You need the trian to be on time though to make it for 10.

What a truly lovely thing to do. Your post just brought a smile to my face. :)
    OP, good luck with the interview.

kinkygirl wrote: »
    What a truly lovely thing to do. Your post just brought a smile to my face. :)
    OP, good luck with the interview.

Jerry is a great man, i am already friends with him!
    Thanks kinky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Wow thats great, WRH are recruiting? thought there was an embargo

Yes they are recruiting, well I hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

If the interview is for tomorrow morning I can give you a lift, I'm living 2 mins from the train station and can run you out there.

Oh many thanks Kensutz!!
    kensutz wrote: »
    If the interview is for tomorrow morning I can give you a lift, I'm living 2 mins from the train station and can run you out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

We got there in time for masterboy to attend his interview. Very best of luck with it :)

A huge thanks to Kensutz!!!

He picked me on time and drove through all that traffic in few minutes. Reached the hospital before time.
    I must say
    Waterford is a lovely city with humble & helpful people.
    I heard there was stabbing case at the petrol station. Hope everything is well now.

I hope to serve in your regional hospital one day :)

A huge thanks to Kensutz!!!

He picked me on time and drove through all that traffic in few minutes. Reached the hospital before time.
    I must say
    Waterford is a lovely city with humble & helpful people.
    I heard there was stabbing case at the petrol station. Hope everything is well now.

I hope to serve in your regional hospital one day :)

Best of luck. Its a great city regardless of some of the bad press.

Can you guys please help me with 1 more thing?

I am just looking for apartments near the Waterford regional hospital area. Which areas are at walking distance from the hospital?

I can see different areas on the daft.ie for waterford city but cant find dunmore road there.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=c12&s[a_id]=669&s[search_type]=rental&s[refreshmap]=1&s[sort_by]=price&s[sort_type]=a&offset=90&limit=10&search_type=rental&offset=0

You would be looking at earls court , collins avenue, viewmount, ardkeen village, glenville google them and you'll get an idea of the area

I got a great news from the hospital that I can start working there from Jan. :)

Thanks everyone and a very special thanks to Kensutz, who dropped me from the train station to the hospital on time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

Wow this thread could make a grown man cry. Best of luck with the new job.

Advertisement