Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money taken from account

Options
  • 16-12-2013 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Myself and my fiancee went into our local branch this morning after she noticed multiple ATM withdrawals that looked suspicious, i.e., amounts were 72.73 and 145.90 (euros), when checking her account online. We both went into to our local branch this morning only to find that my account had the same problem (I don't bank online and checked it via mini statement).

We spoke to a woman there on the customer service helpdesk and she told us that she was aware there was a problem and that all we needed to do was cancel our respective cards and have them replaced. We have now done that and were informed that these suspicious withdrawals occurred in the US. We have been promised a refund and have been told that we will not be charged for replacing the cards.

There were at least 20 other people at the bank with the same problem. Some have said that their accounts had started to empty on Thursday.

Is this problem limited to my local branch (Ballina, Co. Mayo) because I can't see any information on the internet about these occurrences and to be honest I think that some warning should have been given to people as this has been going on since Thursday (or maybe earlier) and the bank still seems to have no idea what has happened or more importantly how it happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Hercule Poirot,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear your account has recently been compromised in this way. As with all fraudulent account activity, our security team investigate each report on a case by case basis.

We always advise customers to be extra vigilant when using their cards and to check their account regularly to ensure there are no suspicious transactions debited from their accounts. If you are concerned about any activity on your account, please contact your account  holding branch immediately or alternatively if you are a registered user of Bank of Ireland 365 please contact them on 0818 365 365 where a representative will be happy to investigate this for you.

We hope this issue will be resolved quickly and easily for you, if you require an update please contact your branch or Bank of Ireland 365.

Thanks,

Paula C

Advertisement