Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach Boys UK/Ireland Tour 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

I think the current line-up is lacking a few key Beach Boys unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Yeah. This is presumably just the Mike Love incarnation of the band.
    Bruce might still be with him, but no Brian, David or Al. Love cruelly took an atom bomb to the reunion before they'd even done the Albert Hall shows this year, saying he would be going back out with his own band, and dismissing any further recordings or tours once the reunion tour ended, which was a real shame as it really worked, despite the obvious absence of Carl and Dennis.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭christy_weezer

The current Brian Wilson tour lineup(Brian, Al, David & Blondie) actually has more beach boys than the Mike and Bruce official Beach Boys tour, I'll personally be saving my money for the former to announce some tour dates, most likely early in the new year when he releases the new album...That's not to say that the Mike and Bruce shows aren't good, from what I have seen they tend to put on a good show and their drummer does a really good version of Wild Honey, though again I'd much rather just see Blondie Chaplin do the song with the Brian Wilson tour, just crossing my fingers that he doesn't bypass Ireland next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Definitely gonna save my money for a future Brian Wilson gig. Wilson said the Grand Canal show would be his last Irish gig, but he contradicts himself A LOT, so fingers crossed :D!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I'm a huge Wilson fan & have seen him several times since the '01 Pet Sounds shows.

Unfortunately, the law of diminishing returns has kicked in & having seen him at the Paradiso in Amsterdam last year, I'll most likely leave it at that. His backing band are really covering for him at this stage & though the music remains as magnificent as ever, his vocal is kept well down in the mix and he can't get near the notes he was hitting even a few short years ago.

As for Mike & Bruce's cabaret circus, think I'd rather go see Paul Daniels play Hamlet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭theniall

Got tickets this morning, can't wait.

Advertisement