Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What d'ya reckon?

Options
  • 16-12-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm getting the ol' conch pierced tomorrow and I'm heading into Dublin Ink to have it done, as an early Christmas present to myself!

I've never had any dealings with them before, so I was hoping some of ye could let me know what they're like in there? I think its a girl called Dani, that'll be doing it? What's she like?

Mucho cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Haven't had personal experience with her, but she did my younger sister's lip and it's off-center and obviously so. That said, my sister should have noticed when she showed her the dot in marker showing the placement!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 daywalkerx10

Haven't had personal experience with her, but she did my younger sister's lip and it's off-center and obviously so. That said, my sister should have noticed when she showed her the dot in marker showing the placement!

Jesus, that's pretty rough. Yeah I cant really have facial piercings for sporting reasons thank fook!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I reckon piercing parlours are better for piercings than tattoo parlours with a piercer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Arawn wrote: »
    I reckon piercing parlours are better for piercings than tattoo parlours with a piercer

Are there many about? I've only ever seen piercing studios within a tattoo studio...

Jesus, that's pretty rough. Yeah I cant really have facial piercings for sporting reasons thank fook!!

I'd imagine that once you look at the placement and are happy with it, you'd be grand. Partly my sister's fault for not noticing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

You'd get a better piercing from the booth in Georges Arcade than that girl. Clueless.

Go to Steve in Snakebite, can't go wrong with a piercing from him. Honorable mention to Bodyshock (Paddy in Classic Ink) and Wildcat for piercings either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

January wrote: »
    Are there many about? I've only ever seen piercing studios within a tattoo studio...

outside of dublin there's a good few, dublin rent prices would make a piercing studio a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

paddy in Bodyshock (classic ink) , or wildcat st green/jervis or connected in temple bar are all places I've had good experiences with.
    got pierced by a girl apprentice in body shock before and septum was crooked so i complained and got it redone, but all good besides and id recommend any of those:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 daywalkerx10

Papillon! wrote: »
    paddy in Bodyshock (classic ink) , or wildcat st green/jervis or connected in temple bar are all places I've had good experiences with.
    got pierced by a girl apprentice in body shock before and septum was crooked so i complained and got it redone, but all good besides and id recommend any of those:)

Aye in the heel of the reel I went to Wildcat SG and got Sorcha to do it. Can't complain she was pretty dead on. Been a week today now.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Had my septum done in Bodyshock (Paddy) and it was absolutely grand. Would easily recommend there.

Has that place only more recently become a tattoo/piercing shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Fade Street chick? Hah! I agree with the Snakebite recommendation, got five of my ear piercings there and I have never had any problems.

• Site Banned Posts: 50 ✭✭hatchets mcgovern

She did my conch. nice girl and very professional. Snakebites a dump, wouldn't go near them for anything.

She did my conch. nice girl and very professional. Snakebites a dump, wouldn't go near them for anything.

What makes you say that? They're considered to be one of the best in Dublin, for good reason.

What makes you say that? They're considered to be one of the best in Dublin, for good reason.

Its just my personal opinion. Their tattoo work is really average and the shop is abit off putting. A lot better shops around the city.

Its just my personal opinion. Their tattoo work is really average and the shop is abit off putting. A lot better shops around the city.

Are you basing that on personal experience? Saying their tattoo work is average doesn't come close to proving that the place is a dump like you claimed.

Are you basing that on personal experience? Saying their tattoo work is average doesn't come close to proving that the place is a dump like you claimed.

Their tattoo work is crap! What makes them any better at piercing than Bodyshock, Wildkat or even Dublin Ink.

Its a dump compared to many of the better shops around Dublin.

Somebody has disagreed with you get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is it a dump because it's not as modern as some of the other shops that are opening around Dublin?

Their tattoo work is crap! What makes them any better at piercing than Bodyshock, Wildkat or even Dublin Ink.

Its a dump compared to many of the better shops around Dublin.

Somebody has disagreed with you get over it.

I've only asked if you actually have any personal experience with them or are you bad mouthing them for other reasons?

Can't speak for wildkat or Bodyshock but what makes them better than dublin ink? Dani is shocking with some of the bad piercingdtshe puts out, and their tattoo work is fine, nothing ti badmouth there.

As for being a dump, Snakebite is absolutely spotless.

I've only asked if you actually have any personal experience with them or are you bad mouthing them for other reasons?

Can't speak for wildkat or Bodyshock but what makes them better than dublin ink? Dani is shocking with some of the bad piercingdtshe puts out, and their tattoo work is fine, nothing ti badmouth there.

As for being a dump, Snakebite is absolutely spotless.

Can you explain to me some of the bad work she has done?

I don't like snakebites shop but I am sure they just about meet the required standard.

Ive no affiliation to any shop. But I've gotten pierced in them all and gone back to Dani because she is much cheaper and done just as good a job as the rest.

I've already posted about an example I've seen of her work. Add my older sister's wonky navel piercing to that.

So now Snakebite are mediocre at best inyour opiniob. Still ddoesn't explain calling them a dump.

• Advertisement

I've already posted about an example I've seen of her work. Add my older sister's wonky navel piercing to that.

So now Snakebite are mediocre at best inyour opiniob. Still ddoesn't explain calling them a dump.

You are fixated on the word aren't you. You can replace dump so, Unappealing shop with unappealing work. There ya go.

All we can do is learn. Im sure every piercer in the business has made a few mistakes as they've improved.

You are fixated on the word aren't you. You can replace dump so, Unappealing shop with unappealing work. There ya go.

All we can do is learn. Im sure every piercer in the business has made a few mistakes as they've improved.

It's a very strong word to use.

Learning is great. Doesn't come close to excusing a professional who fcuks up a body modification.

It's a very strong word to use.

Learning is great. Doesn't come close to excusing a professional who fcuks up a body modification.

Dani for me has been as good as the other places I've mentioned. Im sure every apprentice and seasoned piercer has made a mistake or two.

I mentioned a shop, I didn't mention names. You should do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Don't feed the trolls folks, just report them!
    Been site banned now anyway.

Thought it was a disgruntled customer rather than a troll, sorry! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'd be another thumbs up for Steve in Snakebite. Fantastic piercer, friendly and professional. Must go back myself for my next stretch. Been too long.

I got my lip pierced by Dani in DI. Can't complain with it, and was cheap, but I feel more comfortable with Steve, or Ken in Clondalkin :)

Advertisement