Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2013 Bank Opening Hours

Options
  • 16-12-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Does anyone know the banking hours for AIB in Galway for Christmas 2013? Bloody banks seem to be always not open around Christmas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Fiona_242 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the banking hours for AIB in Galway for Christmas 2013? Bloody banks seem to be always not open around Christmas!

Banks (and Post offices) will close early (noonish) on Tuesday December 24th.

And reopen on Monday December 30th.

They will also close on Jan 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Fiona_242

I am just wondering are the banks there for transfers after the 26th December, I have a transfer coming into my account on the 26/12/13. will I get the transfer in my account on the 27th instead? I dont need to go into see them they charge you more now to use in branch services!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Morning All

Unsure of that i'm afraid, I'm expecting a transfer on the 27th, so does that mean the 30th or 24th?

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/ways-to-bank/phone-banking/useful-contact-numbers/xmas-opening-hours/

Fiona_242 wrote: »
    I am just wondering are the banks there for transfers after the 26th December, I have a transfer coming into my account on the 26/12/13. will I get the transfer in my account on the 27th instead? I dont need to go into see them they charge you more now to use in branch services!

Consider the period 25-30 December one really long weekend.

If the person sending the money is "nice" they might transfer early so that you get it 24th, otherwise 30 or 31.

Unsure of that i'm afraid, I'm expecting a transfer on the 27th, so does that mean the 30th or 24th?

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/ways-to-bank/phone-banking/useful-contact-numbers/xmas-opening-hours/

If you transfer is not there the morning of the 24th, It would be 30th at best, assuming the person/body sending the funds start the transfer before the 24th, otherwise maybe the 31st.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

If you transfer is not there the morning of the 24th, It would be 30th at best, assuming the person/body sending the funds start the transfer before the 24th, otherwise maybe the 31st.

Not quite.

Remaining processing dates are
    Friday 20 December
    Monday 23 December
    Tuesday 24 December
    Monday 30 December
    Tuesday 31 December

At the end of processing date there is an overnight update.
    You can see the funds the following morning.
    There is no overnight update on a weekend or on a non-processing day.

Debits and credits due on Monday 23 December will be visible on internet banking / via ATM after Friday 20 December's overnight update i.e. you will be able to see or access them from Saturday morning.

Therefore debits and credits due Monday 30 December will be visible on internet banking / via ATM after Tuesday 24 December's overnight update i.e. you will be able to see or access them from Wednesday morning [Christmas Day onwards]. They won't just magically appear on Monday 30 December because there is no overnight update on Sunday 29 December [or any Sunday, or any Saturday, or any non-processing day].

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

So will it be business as usual for the Ulster bank branch in Galway City on Saturday 21st and Monday 23rd?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Advertisement