Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for scrap copper

Options
  • 16-12-2013 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi just wondering could anybody tell me how much I would get for 35 meters of 240mm2 swa stripped??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

thomas83 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering could anybody tell me how much I would get for 35 meters of 240mm2 swa stripped??
    What weight is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭thomas83

WikiHow wrote: »
    What weight is it?

That's the thing im not sure what the weight of it is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

Got €4 a kilo a couple of weeks ago in Oranmore in Galway, miserable git seperated it into dirty copper and clean copper...at least Dick Turpin used wear a mask when he robbed people :rolleyes:...went there a few months ago and there was a local on the copper scales, no bother with him, all in :D

Clean copper is just under 4 euro a kg a couple of weeks ago, this was copper pipe but cable should be the same i imagine.

I no there paying between 4 and 6 grand per tonne of copper so il just bring it into a scrap yard and find out

• Advertisement

I no there paying between 4 and 6 grand per tonne of copper so il just bring it into a scrap yard and find out
    I would weight it myself first at least you know what weight you are carrying to the scrap yard.

WikiHow wrote: »
    Clean copper is just under 4 euro a kg a couple of weeks ago, this was copper pipe but cable should be the same i imagine.

Ye il find out tomorrow anyway I hopefully have nearly a tonne of it think I will get approx 4 grand

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ye il find out tomorrow anyway I hopefully have nearly a tonne of it think I will get approx 4 grand

I think you're being very optimistic- but do let us know how it works out.

I think you're being very optimistic- but do let us know how it works out.

Maybe I am but sure il find out tomorrow how much there paying

• Registered Users Posts: 25,985 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Moved from Work and Jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Where did it come from, if you don't mind me asking?
    Just curious.

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Where did it come from, if you don't mind me asking?
    Just curious.

It came from a job I'm doing im moving the switch room from one place to another..

Don't worry I didn't go in with a saw and start chopping it just because it was good cooper lol

Plenty of that going on tho

It came from a job I'm doing im moving the switch room from one place to another..

Don't worry I didn't go in with a saw and start chopping it just because it was good cooper lol

Plenty of that going on tho
    Did you go to scrap yard with it today?

Advertisement