Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using LC points as mature student

Options
  • 16-12-2013 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am applying to CIT as a mature student.(26) Is it possible to compete for a course based solely on my LC results, through the CAO? results are from 06.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

Hi
    I am applying to CIT as a mature student.(26) Is it possible to compete for a course based solely on my LC results, through the CAO? results are from 06.

Ya you can apply both as a mature and a leaving cert. Just tick both options when filling out the cao.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭uptherebels

shawki wrote: »
    Ya you can apply both as a mature and a leaving cert. Just tick both options when filling out the cao.

do you mean just fill in the section looking for my LC examination number?
    or is there actually an option to tick?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

do you mean just fill in the section looking for my LC examination number?
    or is there actually an option to tick?

The exam number section is only for Leaving Cert 2014

Tick leaving cert when and applying and they'll get your results from your pps number.

On my application after about a week it's showed my 2006 LC exam number and a Fetac course I did before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Put in your LC numbers for previous years if you have them handy. You can get them from the SEC: http://www.examinations.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭uptherebels

i filled in my application online...it asked for my examination number for previous years...after where i put in the address of my secondary school,the only box to tick was if i was doing the exam in 2014....sorry to drag this out just want to make sure i have this done properly.

• Advertisement

On the online application section there is a place where you can put in previous years LC numbers: http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=demo&d=qual&l=

• Registered Users Posts: 6 baconcat

shawki wrote: »

Sorry to jump into the thread here but this was actually going to be my question. Can I tick both and arrange for the mature student application/interview as well as just going through the palava of points and whatnot? Or is it a case of one or the other?

baconcat wrote: »
    Sorry to jump into the thread here but this was actually going to be my question. Can I tick both and arrange for the mature student application/interview as well as just going through the palava of points and whatnot? Or is it a case of one or the other?

It can depend on the college. I have seen mature students fail on the mature route but get in on their LC results. Some colleges will only assess mature applicants through the mature route as far as I know. You could contact the admissions dept of the relevant college to check what their policy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

baconcat wrote: »

Yes, you will be offered whatever place you are eligible for.
    So if you tick the mature box and fill everything out, you can be considered as a mature student.
    But if you are eligible with your LC results and you fill in that section then you can be offered the highest place for which you are eligible based on those.

Advertisement