Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What I Hate About Exams.....

Options
  • 16-12-2013 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Squeaky tables.

I'm sure people aren't doing it on purpose but just as I'm on the cusp of an insightful inspired perspective, squeak!

And there goes my thought, like ashes slipping through my fingers, like tear drops in the rain, the dream is lost.

Invigilators should be given oil cans and run around whenever they hear a squeaky table.

I see it distracts other people too, I know I'm not the only one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

When the guy in front of you has his arse crack on full display.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omicron

When you have 3 exams in 24 hours despite the exams being over 2 weeks and you not being finished til the middle of the second week.

UCDCritic wrote: »
    Invigilators should be given oil cans and run around whenever they hear a squeaky table.

I see it distracts other people too, I know I'm not the only one.

You can ask an invigilator to move you over to the X area on the far right where there is barely anyone if the noise bothers you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Yes I've wondered what that X area was for.

What annoys me is that some lecturers seem incapable of proof reading their exams. Not only does it fúck up people who are sitting it, everyone else in both halls is distracted by the 2 mins of a correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I had a ridiculously squeaky table and the invigilator wouldn't even let me move to a table right beside me which wasn't be used. Very annoying, took me a while to get used to the noise and fully focus on the exam.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    I had a ridiculously squeaky table and the invigilator wouldn't even let me move to a table right beside me which wasn't be used. Very annoying, took me a while to get used to the noise and fully focus on the exam.

If that happens again immediately ask for another invigilator. He/she was completely in the wrong.
    Yes I've wondered what that X area was for.

Well the X area is more for resits and/or people who don't have seat numbers but you can certainly demand to be moved there if you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

The squeaky tables can be very annoying. I can get used to it as it's generally a continuous noise, what really irritates me is people who tap their pen against their test or their feet against the floor, problem is most people don't even realise how annoying it can be for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Ear Plugs are like 99c in the pharmacy if it annoys you that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Cant say I've ever found the noise annoying. I'm usually under pressure so my mind is elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Well I hate actually doing them if that counts....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I also hate the cycle up/down Anglesea Rd to the exams. Fierce dangerous, have had all my 'close calls' here during exam week for the whole semester. Got a lift the last two days, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Vorophobe

But do you think there would be less close calls if more people cycled and fewer took a car? ^^

Advertisement