Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surveillance advice please / foscam ?????

Options
  • 16-12-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'm thinking of getting CCTV or something due to anti social behaviour at the front of my home. I don't have a huge budget and will only need it for 24 hours and can then re set it. Intend putting it inside the window so that I can see what's happening for the whole day. I've seen a foscam mentioned on other threads and think this might be ideal for me. I don't know anything about it so would like advice. Would be great if it had motion sensors & night vision. Wondering if anyone could recommend one or has used one themselves? It would have to be simple to use as I'm not very technical? Or advice on where to get one? Thanks:)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will get al the info you need on Foscam here.
    There are many generic version of these, but its best to stick with Foscam. Many of them have infra-red lighting as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭deandean

If you want a very basic system, try your USB webcam and download yawcam.

It works quite well - motion detection etc etc - but is limited by the quality of the webcam (no nightvision, no auto iris etc).

But you get that 'big brother' feel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 caoineadh12345

KoolKid wrote: »
    You will get al the info you need on Foscam here.
    There are many generic version of these, but its best to stick with Foscam. Many of them have infra-red lighting as well.

Thanks, is there a shop in Ireland where I can go for advice?? Where they are stocked?? I really want one to put inside my front window looking out -- a basic model that is wireless and simple to use for the not so technically smart. I have seen on some posts that you have to be careful if getting one for facing out the front window as there can be glare??

Advertisement