Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Play Music

Options
  • 16-12-2013 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Long story short, the hard drive in my laptop decided to go kaput on me. I purchased a new hard drive and have started installing all my programs etc again.
    I added all my music back onto iTunes, but now google play music is trying to upload all the songs again. There is over 14000 songs so it will take me a month with my 3 mobile connection.
    Is there some way that I can get google to recognise the music that has already been uploaded.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Hi folks,
    Long story short, the hard drive in my laptop decided to go kaput on me. I purchased a new hard drive and have started installing all my programs etc again.
    I added all my music back onto iTunes, but now google play music is trying to upload all the songs again. There is over 14000 songs so it will take me a month with my 3 mobile connection.
    Is there some way that I can get google to recognise the music that has already been uploaded.
    Thanks
    It will automatically recognise and add known (as in correctly tagged / placed songs) to your online account.

Did you have all of these songs already in your Play Music account?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Yes, I had the songs already uploaded to my Play Music Account
    The setting in the upload manager is to upload songs added to iTunes. So it is seeing the songs as only being added to iTunes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Yes, I had the songs already uploaded to my Play Music Account
    The setting in the upload manager is to upload songs added to iTunes. So it is seeing the songs as only being added to iTunes now.
    That's perfect then, it may take a little time to scan but it won't / shouldn't reupload songs you have already stored online.

Might I suggest you drop 1 album in to iTunes with Play Music Upload Tool open as well as the Play Music website and see how quickly it says its uploaded / complete. If its seconds per song, you know its detecting the song and just adding it to your account. Then also check the website and make sure the album is not duplicated.

Advertisement