Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is deadline when sending documents to support CAO Mature Student Application?

Options
  • 16-12-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi there.

I have just begun getting a head start on my online CAO Mature Student application for 2014. I was under the impression I could pay the initial fee and casually fill out the online application and organize my supporting documents ensuring they're all in order by Feb 1st 2014.

....but since I've gotten my CAO Application No., logged in to my account and begun filling out my details I have gotten an email from CAO stating the following:

"Please remember, you must post all supporting documents to arrive at CAO
    within 7 days of submitting an online application (if not already done so)".

So basically, I am a little confused as to whether I've unwittingly already submitted my application by paying the money and beginning to fill out the online queries? I'll call CAO in the morning to try to clarify... but if anybody has any information to put my mind at ease that would be great because there's no way I can gather all my documents in that time frame. (Any information to suggest that I have completely cocked it up is also welcome, I suppose;)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Not sure op. It says on the handbook, page 2 that Online applicants receive their CAO application number upon completion of their application. So it looks from that like you have submitted it already. You can still make changes to your application up to the 1st of Feb.

As for the documentation I'd work on getting that to them sooner rather than later. However they would probably give you extra time as its early in the application season. If I a recall correctly I think there was someone on here last year who was given up to the 1st Feb to get the docs in to CAO despite applying some 2 weeks previously. I might be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Beakflakes

Thanks paperclip2. I called the CAO Today and one lady there said that the 1 week rule for arrival of posted supporting literature applies as it draws closer to the deadline to ensure they're not receiving post long after February 1st. They said I should try to have it in to them by February 1st. That gives me some time anyway.

Thanks for the advice!

Advertisement