Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue piercing 3rd time???

Options
  • 16-12-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi,
    Ive had my tongue pierced twice in the past.
    Both times i had to remove the bar for operations & the hole closed up.
    I'd like to get it pierced again but was wondering if there is a limit because of scarring from previous piercings? Or would it just be a case of the piercer looking at my tongue & deciding then based on that? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I've had 3 normal tongue piercings, a horizontal surface and also a horizontal one. There are more than one way to pierce a tongue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Second piercing had to be a bit further forward because of scar tissue so it shouldn't be a problem. Piercer would be able to advise you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

WhiteTiger wrote: »
    Hi,
    Ive had my tongue pierced twice in the past.
    Both times i had to remove the bar for operations & the hole closed up.
    I'd like to get it pierced again but was wondering if there is a limit because of scarring from previous piercings? Or would it just be a case of the piercer looking at my tongue & deciding then based on that? Thanks

Heya,

Yea go to your piercer, they will advise you,

I have had my tongue pierced 8 times, currently three centre piercings.

You can pierce through scar tissue fine, slightly more painful, but no major problems.

Just a bit of advise, depending on the operation, you can usually keep a bioplast bar in instead of a metal one, same for x-rays.

Advertisement