Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need the Motivation/Inspiration

Options
  • 16-12-2013 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey guys,

so the last year after marathon 2012, i let my training slip, i kept it really safe at about 30-40km a week for about 5 months, then down to about 20km a week during the summer, i was kinda complimenting it well with cycling into work about 3 times a week (30km round trip), i had all the intentions of doing the 2013 marathon, i thought i could pick it up whenever i wanted, but i did the half marathon in galway bay in September and as soon that finished i knew i wasnt going to do the full marathon.

Around this time i moved jobs, all the way down to Athlone, i dont cycle anymore and i am finding it tougher and tougher to get back into marathon mode training...at the same time i have put on about a stone and my diet is all over the place..

Any tips / advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

shafto wrote: »
    Hey guys,

so the last year after marathon 2012, i let my training slip, i kept it really safe at about 30-40km a week for about 5 months, then down to about 20km a week during the summer, i was kinda complimenting it well with cycling into work about 3 times a week (30km round trip), i had all the intentions of doing the 2013 marathon, i thought i could pick it up whenever i wanted, but i did the half marathon in galway bay in September and as soon that finished i knew i wasnt going to do the full marathon.

Around this time i moved jobs, all the way down to Athlone, i dont cycle anymore and i am finding it tougher and tougher to get back into marathon mode training...at the same time i have put on about a stone and my diet is all over the place..

Any tips / advice?

1 - target a race ( a realistic race) in the new year
    2 - put a training plan together ( http://www.halhigdon.com/training/)
    3 - start a log
    4 - be patient with yourself and your trianing
    5 - listen to your older\wiser\more charming bro
    ;)

Advertisement